• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any Stylish Devils Up For A Forum Style Competition?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I've been thinking for a while about the possibility of a Style Tournament for the forum here. It's not going to be limited to one particular game either. Someone proposed the idea of a DmC Style contest, but we can expand it and just do all teh games.

Something for the whole forum to get a part of. So even if you aren't a demon hunter confident in your abilities, you can still act as an overall judge for the entries and, we can just have a category that is specifically for fun. Showing off your moves no matter your skill level.

I want this to be fun for everyone and fair. Like, we can really make this a big community event for the forum.

Judging the players not mainly on the grades they earn while playing, but their overall creativity, visual flare, and cleverness. We can put it all together as a whole, or separate them by game.
tumblr_inline_mqgs8qihxe1rigste.gif

Trust me, you can still get stylish with DMC 1 and 2.

You don't have to be stuck on a particular difficulty either. Don't discourage any player who may want to enter just because they aren't gluttons for Devil May Cry punishment. This is a competition about style and most importantly fun. With a section made just for showing off your skills, so even if you don't wanna compete. You won't be judged in that particular category. Just acting like a showoff Dante can be.
tumblr_mgxz3cLPb51qb8jj3o1_500.gif

It'll take a bit of planning, but I believe it'll be a really fun showcase for the Devil May Cry legacy. Our good friend GregaMan said he's even willing to help out with such events. We can go big, or go home.

DMCgif1.gif

So, what do you say little devils? Mods, can you help us out? A big forum event?
830px-DMCLogocopyag30fm4dn3ss.png

@LordOfDarkness @GregaMan @Angel @berto @Steve Powell @Dark Drakan @Meg

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm game for a Style video tournament. I'm not very good, though, so I won't be making a submission, but whatever else, I'm game.

Last edited:

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I'd like to give it a shot, but I have no way for recording my game footage. But, i'm looking forward to this stylish tourney. :3

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well, let's take our time here and really get it together. So, you'll have plenty of time to practice and maybe even secure ways to record your footage properly.

We can also just have a category judging/ showing off video quality. Just how cool and entertaining it is to watch by the way you edit it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Awesome idea! Recording would be easy for me since I got DMC3, DMC4 and DmC on PC.

Although the DMC3 PC port is horrible and you get things like some French text in the Italian version... yeah. Go ask Capcom... or Ubisoft, if I don't mistake they handled the port.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I'm really thinking about entering, even though I haven't played any of the games in quite a while, and a bad recording quality because I can only record with a dazzle
Those where done quite a long time ago, the combo video was never finished.

Are we limited to only Devil May Cry games? Or are games like Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Ninja Gaiden and El Shaddai also qualified?

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Oh come on guys. Doesn't matter if you're good or not, at least try. In the name of fun. This is not an ESL tournament, it's a challenge amongst friends, kind of ;)

True words my friend!
Do you know if it's possible to get the Xbox 360 gamepad to work for DMC3 on the PC port?
Been trying to do that for ages, because if I try to record that game, then I'll do it from that platform, even though I got the HD version lying around somewhere too.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
True words my friend!
Do you know if it's possible to get the Xbox 360 gamepad to work for DMC3 on the PC port?
Been trying to do that for ages, because if I try to record that game, then I'll do it from that platform, even though I got the HD version lying around somewhere too.

Yeah they added (through a patch if I remember correctly) a tool for the PC port that recognizes any controller. Through that tool you can also assign any key to any button.
Previously I had to rely on XPadder LOL

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Yeah they added (through a patch if I remember correctly) a tool for the PC port that recognizes any controller. Through that tool you can also assign any key to any button.
Previously I had to rely on XPadder LOL
Thanks, I'll look into that^^

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well, I was thinking we can start off this whole thing with Devil May Cry since it's a Devil May Cry forum, but if we get enough people that dig stuff like this, then we can get some contest/community gaming events for any video game out there.

Just bringing the community together for some fun by a mutual love and appreciation for gaming is the primary goal basically.

I think it can also be fun stuff to just give us something to do every now and then ya know. It's cool to get some people together and game.

Like, I'd also love to maybe challenge people on the forum in fighting games or shooters. We can film it and bring the community together. Events for our little group here.

Spread the word. Get people hyped for it. Let's take our time. Organize it properly so its like every now and then we got some fun stuff going on in the forum. Give us all stuff to talk about, and might actually just remind everyone that we're not that different. We all still dig gaming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Really, mods, this is an awesome idea, a forum event. Just needs some organization. Especially with time, cause I think people in this forum are pretty spread out throughout the world xD

@Erian1Mortal just went to my DMC3 directory to let you know the gamepad tool's name, to make your life easier looking for it xD
It's GPadCfg. Get it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom