• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any special hidden things in DMC4:SE

Concentrated vergil

Show me your motivation
I've watched the clips Capcom has posted on their Devil May Cry YouTube channel and after seeing their combo videos I noticed that the enemies they were performing the combos on we're not dying entirely, which made me believe that maybe just maybe there was some sort of hidden debug mode. Therefore, I'm asking if anyone who has the game currently has found anything special like this or something even better to post it here ^.^ thank you in advance ~ Vergil Fan

Concentrated vergil

Show me your motivation
;~; dang if that is so then I am really upset I was hoping to finally be able to practice without killing the enemy ahh o well I assume you are correct

berto

I Saw the Devil
I was thinking about several Nero specific attacks that you use in the game and it occurred to me 'how are you supposed to pull them off with Lady and Vergil.

For example, when you fight Sanctus for the first time the second stage of the fight has the statue slamming its fist at you and you can counter it with a buster and if you time it right it will eject that old bastard.
You can catch the lances that Credo throws at you right back at him.
When Sanctus uses Sparda as a shield you use the Buster to knock him back.
Etc, etc, etc.

So how do you do the same thing with Lady and Nero?

So, homework. Figure it out when you get your copies.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@berto
I think you just can't. Just like for Dante. When it comes to Buster bosse, that is.

As for the Savior at the end, it could very well be that you just hit it with your sword with Vergil and with Kalina Ann or something with Lady, instead of the Devil Bringer.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@berto
I think you just can't. Just like for Dante. When it comes to Buster bosse, that is.

As for the Savior at the end, it could very well be that you just hit it with your sword with Vergil and with Kalina Ann or something with Lady, instead of the Devil Bringer.
I don't want to hear that defeatist attitude, SON! I said FIGURE IT OUT! Are you telling me you're not going to do your homework!

ANYONE Who doesn't figure it out GETS BANNED. I WILL BAN YOU!! I will ban you and your IP address and will hire people to take pictures of you crying afterwards and then I will post them here to show who was weak and gave up before trying and who was strong!!!:devil::devil::mad::mad:

Meeting_2ea313_285717.jpg

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't want to hear that defeatist attitude, SON! I said FIGURE IT OUT! Are you telling me you're not going to do your homework!

ANYONE Who doesn't figure it out GETS BANNED. I WILL BAN YOU!! I will ban you and your IP address and will hire people to take pictures of you crying afterwards and then I will post them here to show who was weak and gave up before trying and who was strong!!!:devil::devil::mad::mad:

how-to-draw-predators-face_1_000000006215_3.jpg

O-okay...

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Debug mode is just...well, a debug mode made for developer builds. Though, if you're actually lucky enough to get a copy with it accidentally, I will track you down. I have diabolical resources.

As for any other "hidden" things, it looks like it's just an expanded gallery. :/ There's also this "history of DMC" thingy you can unlock, but....isn't that already present when the game is installing? Like a refresher?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

221.gif

Berto, im concerned

Concentrated vergil

Show me your motivation
Has it been confirmed that if you are to reach a certain amount of kills at the end for vergil that a different variation of his cutscene plays?

Viper

Premium
So the urban legend dies here: no special ending or extra cutscene.
The urban legend never dies, on stormy nights, if you play it while upside down, and while singing Devils Never Cry backwards, the counter will continue and Vergil will pass through screen into our world. Or so I heard. :wink:

But as for extra cutscenes, not from this method at least. :'(

The Good Gentleman

People are still looking for the jetpack in GTAV. So, no, it won't be over. Just watch - if any of you have a Gamefaqs account, go there, post "Get 99 kills using nothing but guns and gunslinger!" and upload some bogus picture as "proof", and you'll see them attempt it in droves. XD

Reactions: Gel

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
You know they could just do any move to counter attacks, doesn't specifically have to be a 'buster' move since that's Nero's thing. I'm sure they figured something out for Lady and Vergil.

The Good Gentleman

Hm. Does Legendary Dark Knight Mode alter the number of enemies that show up? Because I'm thinking with Trish, you should be able to get up to 99 pretty quickly that way.

Concentrated vergil

Show me your motivation
I found a little something not ground breaking or anything but it's fun to hear.
After I played through vergil's campaign I turned the ps4 and when I restarted the game vergil's voice said the opening "Devil may cry"

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
The urban legend never dies, on stormy nights, if you play it while upside down, and while singing Devils Never Cry backwards, the counter will continue and Vergil will pass through screen into our world. Or so I heard. :wink:

that happened to me he unlocked Luigi in Mario 64 and then use a judgment cut erasing the save file and left

Top Bottom