• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any sign of Catherine at E3?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Just what the title says. Apparently the game is due for release in the US, BUT I can't find anthing at all, not unless I'm looking in the wrong place...

Any info (especially about a planned PAL/European release) would be excellent.

Thankies
VeeBee

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
360 are region-locked unless you mod your console from what many have told me.

Get the PS3 NTSC-US version of Catherine if you aren't sure about a PAL release. All PS3 games are region-free.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I got sent NTSC games from California to review and they all played fine on my console and it isnt modded some are locked but not all.

Guide here for current releases
Still, alot of them flat out don't work on different regions. And 360's region-locked complaints aren't new at all.

When Zen United was asked by people in the US to make the 360 PAL version of Arcana Heart 3 region-free...they said it was beyond their control but wished that they could (obviously so they can get more money). So maybe there is something behind the scenes or its a case by case basis.

What I do know is, pretty much ALL Japanese-made 360 games are region locked...which is ****ing lame.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I've never thought of ordering a copy from a different region. But, then again, the last time I did that, the game took seven minutes to save.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Still, alot of them flat out don't work on different regions. And 360's region-locked complaints aren't new at all.

When Zen United was asked by people in the US to make the 360 PAL version of Arcana Heart 3 region-free...they said it was beyond their control but wished that they could (obviously so they can get more money). So maybe there is something behind the scenes or its a case by case basis.

What I do know is, pretty much ALL Japanese-made 360 games are region locked...which is ******* lame.

First one i had was Lost Planet and that was fine as was Lost Odyssey. Shame they dont open up more but we in the UK are used to being ripped off for everything anyway and game prices are no different. Down to the publishers usually and if they want to do it. Its more of a shame when some games just arent available in some regions and they are region locked.

I remember Sony having Lik-Sang shut down over them selling PSP's and PS3's as imports over here and they werent to happy with the import market at the time. Shame lots of companies have such a close minded view on the whole thing, all products should be available to everyone if they are willing to pay. Would cut down on people resorting to piracy anyway. Bet the retailers here were laughing into their morning coffee as they could continue to rip us off day after day with extortionate prices.

Top Bottom