• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any love for Vergil at all?

Azurel

Yeah, the stare really is there... because Vergil didn't as much as blink once during the whole trailer.

I actually don't know. However, he had a 'gleam' in his eye after Dante said, "We are brothers, after all," and began walking. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I'm not quite certain how to interpret the glaring look that Vergil gives Dante near the end of the trailer. At first, I thought it was just a look to imply a subtle, yet tense agreement with Dante. But upon another watch, I noticed that Dante phrases the line a little too awkwardly to just be another line of dialogue.

It's the way He uneasily pauses before saying 'afterall'. Almost as if to imply that only at that moment, after hearing what his brother had to say, that He was finally convinced Vergil really was who He was claiming to be; Dante's twin brother.

And if My interpretation is correct, the glare Vergil gives him in return is a sort of 'It took You this long to be convinced I'm really your brother?' which would explain why He continues to stare at Dante as He walks away, sort of taking a moment to think about the exchange, and if Dante really will pledge his life to him.

But of course, I could be completely wrong, I could get an entirely different interpretation after a few more watches.

Agility

"Known"
Just a minute to reflect on something.

Did you guys every think that there would come a day when we'd be trying to read/feel facial expressions in video games?

Azurel

I'm not quite certain how to interpret the glaring look that Vergil gives Dante near the end of the trailer. At first, I thought it was just a look to imply a subtle, yet tense agreement with Dante. But upon another watch, I noticed that Dante phrases the line a little too awkwardly to just be another line of dialogue.

It's the way He uneasily pauses before saying 'afterall'. Almost as if to imply that only at that moment, after hearing what his brother had to say, that He was finally convinced Vergil really was who He was claiming to be; Dante's twin brother.

And if My interpretation is correct, the glare Vergil gives him in return is a sort of 'It took You this long to be convinced I'm really your brother?' which would explain why He continues to stare at Dante as He walks away, sort of taking a moment to think about the exchange, and if Dante really will pledge his life to him.

But of course, I could be completely wrong, I could get an entirely different interpretation after a few more watches.

That certainly gave me something to think about.

Just a minute to reflect on something.

Did you guys every think that there would come a day when we'd be trying to read/feel facial expressions in video games?

See? See?? I told you there was a lot of nuance, depth and complexion between these two. Ok, ok. I'll stop, sorry.
Seriously, though, it's a great thing, isn't it? To focus on this personal relationship, all while the world hangs in the balance. It makes for some very good drama and character-defining moments, if you ask me. :lol:

Tiran

The great pretender.
That creepy look he gives Dante as he watches him pass is unlike any other he gives in the trailer. He broke the uncanny valley plastic good- guy face he wore and those eyes... They seem to hint at a much bigger plan after they've reached their goal. All the trailer needed was for a single hint that this guy is hiding something... bigger. Perhaps he will attempt to take over Mundus' role as supreme leader of his new world. To gain the power to protect. The might to control... everything.

Dante will turn to face him, prepared to do what he must, only to get a silent deadly summoned sword in the back. Foolishness, Dante... Foolishness.

Agility

"Known"
That creepy look he gives Dante as he watches him pass is unlike any other he gives in the trailer. He broke the uncanny valley plastic good- guy face he wore and those eyes... They seem to hint at a much bigger plan after they've reached their goal. All the trailer needed was for a single hint that this guy is hiding something... bigger. Perhaps he will attempt to take over Mundus' role as supreme leader of his new world. To gain the power to protect. The might to control... everything.

Dante will turn to face him, prepared to do what he must, only to get a silent deadly summoned sword in the back. Foolishness, Dante... Foolishness.

Vergil is very intelligent. He knows that they can't kill ALL the demons. But controlling them, now there's a possibility.

Azurel

Vergil is very intelligent. He knows that they can't kill ALL the demons. But controlling them, now there's a possibility.

Why must you both ruin my good guy image? Why must there be a stupid plot twist?? If everyone sees it coming, what's the point?? Argh, now I'm just agitated. Oh, well. At least Vergil had an interesting introduction. Both masked and unmasked.

Agility

"Known"
Why must you both ruin my good guy image? Why must there be a stupid plot twist?? If everyone sees it coming, what's the point?? Argh, now I'm just agitated. Oh, well. At least Vergil had an interesting introduction. Both masked and unmasked.

Ninja theory may just throw us a curb ball. They're known for their story telling skills. You can't truly predict what's going to happen in their games.

Azurel

Ninja theory may just throw us a curb ball. They're known for their story telling skills. You can't truly predict what's going to happen in their games.

No one can. But I have a feeling we're headed down the Road of Predictability. Not because of me, but because everyone keeps saying that and now even I almost believe it. No matter. I'll just wait and see.

Dante47

No one can. But I have a feeling we're headed down the Road of Predictability. Not because of me, but because everyone keeps saying that and now even I almost believe it. No matter. I'll just wait and see.
Maybe that's what they want you to think!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
who knows. Actually I don't care if it's a predictable story or not, I just want to see the story progress and watch as Dante grows and learns from these mistakes and events, so that he can become from the demon killer to the demon hunter.

Sure suprises are good to have, but I really couldn't care less on weither it's predictable or not.

I just want to play the game and kick demon ass with this demon killer.

Azurel

who knows. Actually I don't care if it's a predictable story or not, I just want to see the story progress and watch as Dante grows and learns from these mistakes and events, so that he can become from the demon killer to the demon hunter.

Sure surprises are good to have, but I really couldn't care less on whether it's predictable or not.

I just want to play the game and kick demon ass with this demon killer.

Yeah. I agree. There's no need for surprises. There's no need for twists, either. Sure there can be a fight at the very end, but not because Vergil was a bad guy all along, but because Dante was in the way of saving humanity. There's no good guy/bad guy thing going on, just a grey area where both parties disagree. Save humanity? Or save Kat? That's what I want to happen.

No twists. Just a simple disagreement. Maybe when Dante wins, he'll see that he was wrong, and saves humanity anyway. Or maybe Vergil will win and save humanity. Or maybe the apocalypse will happen because Dante saves Kat at the end. At this point, it's anyone's guess.

Kammosjuttu

I actually don't know. However, he had a 'gleam' in his eye after Dante said, "We are brothers, after all," and began walking. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it.

I wasn't being completely serious with that. I just thought it was a bit funny that though Dante did blink his eyes, Vergil never did. It seemed unnatural when otherwise the characters look and move so real like. But it is true that Vegil still has an intense look even if it isn't one that tells "I'll kill you, you know".

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Dante had the same gleam in his eyes as well when Vergil said " what else were you going to do with your life" i think the gleam is a demon/angelic thing hehe, but yea

I don't think either one trust the other. Vergil just knows that Dante would be better off on his side than opposing him, which is why i think he is going to "help" Dante save Kat. As for Dante, I don't think he has trusted anyone in a long time, and maybe when Kat saw him in his birthday suit, maybe he had something different on his mind and took a liking to her. He obviously cares about Kat, which i hope their relationship is built kinda like Trip and Monkey's was. And Dante may believe or not believe Vergil is his twin brother but thats besides the point to him. Dante grew up alone and i'm sure he's made the most of it, so i think he can take care of himself, I think he's helping Kat more than he's believes all this Order crap.

I just don;t think they can work together, well i don't think they can work together so soon, if at all

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah there was something I wanted to say but then I just saw a trailer for a new live action Resident Evil movie and now I'm too depressed to say it anymore...you know what.....I might as well go to sleep...to depressed to even keep on typing.

Azurel

Dante had the same gleam in his eyes as well when Vergil said " what else were you going to do with your life" i think the gleam is a demon/angelic thing hehe, but yea

I actually didn't think of Dante's gleam until you said it. You're right, neither one of them trust the other.

I don't think either one trust the other. Vergil just knows that Dante would be better off on his side than opposing him, which is why i think he is going to "help" Dante save Kat. As for Dante, I don't think he has trusted anyone in a long time, and maybe when Kat saw him in his birthday suit, maybe he had something different on his mind and took a liking to her. He obviously cares about Kat, which i hope their relationship is built kinda like Trip and Monkey's was. And Dante may believe or not believe Vergil is his twin brother but thats besides the point to him. Dante grew up alone and i'm sure he's made the most of it, so i think he can take care of himself, I think he's helping Kat more than he's believes all this Order crap.

I just don;t think they can work together, well i don't think they can work together so soon, if at all

Like I said, they don't trust each other, and Vergil's speech about, well, trust, is really just a way to have Dante allow him to be the leader. But that's ok. Vergil is in fact the leader, he's been doing this for a long time, so things would probably work better under his guidance. However, that doesn't mean that they won't get into a disagreement later on. That's what will probably make Vergil the final boss of the game. After Mundus, I mean.

But it's fine. As long as it's because of a misunderstanding, and not because "he was the bad guy all along." No one likes a twist that they see coming.

People still complain that they saw the twists in the DKR well before they were revealed, and I'm sure it would be that much worse, in this case. :|

Yeah there was something I wanted to say but then I just saw a trailer for a new live action Resident Evil movie and now I'm too depressed to say it anymore...you know what.....I might as well go to sleep...to depressed to even keep on typing.

I know how you feel. I also feel really depressed. But for an entirely different reason. :(

Agility

"Known"

You do know about the CGI Resident Evils right?

KtWtWiS43

Wait till the Devil May Cry movie that Screen Gems (same company as the Resident Evil films) is making. God help us all. After all, Devil May Cry was made after a direction change in the development of Resident Evil 4. It seems fitting, in some sick twisted way, that Devil May Cry would be forced down the same road of mediocrity as its parent series. Time to play the perfect Metal Gear Solid series again. The last untainted videogame franchise ..

Top Bottom