• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any love for Vergil at all?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
23383323.jpg

Like you can talk with your whole "Agility" spats you've done.
images

DisappointedSparda

The Disappointed
LOL this thread is hilarious. So this is where all the haters congregate on DMC.org huh? I had thought they had been stamped out for sure. I really have not seen a lot here but it looks like I need to pay more attention :p

crush

Here I was thrilled by the possible info of Vergil being playable.
With improved graphics of Judgement cut and him being a more understandable character than any fanfic.
and somebody dares says things like this.

ok first of all dmc was never a big titel it simply doesn't have the fan base of a bigger titel like resident evil

Ahem, are you a fan of DMC at the first place?

Domenic93

You mean the same 75% that believed DMC was losing what made it good? Most fans got angry about Nero and what the novel gave for his back story, denying that it was canon when it wasn't up to them. It was up to Capcom. Just as this is.

Honestly, fans that are going to complain about every change shouldn't be listened to by those trying to give their best. It's disheartening. If any of the great authors today were to listen to what their fans said, their work wouldn't be theirs any more. If you don't want to play the game, don't. In the mean time, don't try making the rest of us look like idiots because we're willing to accept something different.
well can you blame them every novel or comic/manga is either discontinued or made non cannon by one of the games( the dmc 2 novel is stuck in limbo along with it's corresponding game), and the manga since it was never finish it's non cannon, so it's easy to understand why people are questioning the reliability of the dmc4 novel.

EllDawn

well can you blame them every novel or comic/manga is either discontinued or made non cannon by one of the games( the dmc 2 novel is stuck in limbo along with it's corresponding game), and the manga since it was never finish it's non cannon, so it's easy to understand why people are questioning the reliability of the dmc4 novel.

It just seems backwards to me to have so many complain about where the original series was going, only to start saying it was just fine and shouldn't be messed with when the reboot came in.

Domenic93

It just seems backwards to me to have so many complain about where the original series was going, only to start saying it was just fine and shouldn't be messed with when the reboot came in.
It just raises even more questions then it solves, if they were to go back and finish the game and sell it (we all know capcom would want to do that) with a more solid story(actually explaining things for the audience instead of being as vague and broad as possible) because most fans don't even know that there are devil may cry books.

Nelo The Great

To me its the same character its just a different take I still think we will see this universes version of nelo angelo if ninja theory are smart
i hope he's still knight like and has a big sword. maybe ninja theory will turn him into a robot that resembles Nelo Angelo. im not saying that i want it to happen, but vergil in this universe is techno savey and nelo angelo does surge with energy

EllDawn

It just raises even more questions then it solves, if they were to go back and finish the game and sell it (we all know capcom would want to do that) with a more solid story(actually explaining things for the audience instead of being as vague and broad as possible) because most fans don't even know that there are devil may cry books.

According to what I've read on here, they will be going back to the original series. The only question is if Capcom will actually give answers.

Azurel

This. I cannot stress that enough.

Fans complain about one thing, then when it's changed, or even when fans got what they want, (e.g. Venom in Spider-Man 3) they still complained. What? Why?

Give fans DMC5 with vanilla Dante and one-note Vergil and I guarantee the haters will come in full force with something.

Not enough levels.

Combat not being as fast as it was in DMC3. (DmC combat is actually is almost as fast, and haters refuse to see that)

Not as many weapons.

Dante's attitude (even if it's exactly like DMC1 Dante, people will still complain)

Vergil should have gotten more screen time.

Sparda should have gotten more screen time.

Kamiya didn't direct it.

Cheesy one liners ("How long are you going to keep zapping? Come out and SHOW YOURSELF, MUNDUS!")

Really? We all know Capcom can't write worth a damn, so, why even ask for a better script from them at this point??

Of course, the "true" fans will deny this up and down... until the game comes out. Then the bitching will reach critical mass. Watch. It will. They complain about everything.

Where's that video of Yahtzee describing fans as "whiners who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make"?

EllDawn

Fans complain about one thing, then when it's changed, or even when fans got what they want, (e.g. Venom in Spider-Man 3) they still complained. What? Why?

Give fans DMC5 with vanilla Dante and one-note Vergil and I guarantee the haters will come in full force with something.

Not enough levels.

Combat not being as fast as it was in DMC3. (DmC combat is actually is almost as fast, and haters refuse to see that)

Not as many weapons.

Dante's attitude (even if it's exactly like DMC1 Dante, people will still complain)

Kamiya didn't direct it.

Cheesy one liners ("How long are you going to keep zapping? Come out and SHOW YOURSELF, MUNDUS!")

Really? We all know Capcom can't write worth a damn, so, why even ask for a better script from them at this point??

Of course, the "true" fans will deny this up and down... until the game comes out. Then the bitching will reach critical mass. Watch. It will. They complain about everything.

Where's that video of Yahtzee describing fans as "whiners who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make"?

And this is why fans tend to be annoying. The ones that complain all the time have no idea just what it takes to make the things they happen to claim they love. The people that make the video games, movies, anything we enjoy, should not listen to what the fans say they want. The fans aren't the ones putting in the time, work, concentration and creativity for any of it. They shouldn't be the ones choosing the direction any of it will go.

At least there are those of us that appreciate what's being done and will show respect.

Nelo The Great

Not enough levels.

Not as many weapons.

Kamiya didn't direct it.

i agree with everything execpt for the spiderman comment. If they were gonna do venom they should have done him right. not like the whiney you know what that he turned out to be. this is the venom i want

Ultimate-spider-man-20051011042456576-000.jpg

DisappointedSparda

The Disappointed

Not enough levels.

Not as many weapons.

Kamiya didn't direct it.

Preach it, my brother! I think it is best to differentiate reasonable fans ("fans") from delusional irrational fans ("fantards" or "fanboys and fangirls" if you prefer), but you have hit the nail on the head here. Everyone knows what happens when you give a mouse a cookie...the mouse starts bitching about why you didn't give him some milk. And that's when you call the exterminator.

Domenic: No, I am not Josh Gothard, but if I were, why would I admit to that? What a pointless question.

Top Bottom