• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any DmC fans hyped for MGR?

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Platinum/Pure Platinum medals in all chapters.
Earned some Platinums here and there but I have long ways before I can truly master Bayonetta.

Lets get back on topic instead of derailing more:

Rising gets released tomorrow in Sweden. I'm quite hyped for it and I even get the sweet steelcase cover.

Terrutas

Earned some Platinums here and there but I have long ways before I can truly master Bayonetta.

Lets get back on topic instead of derailing more:

Rising gets released tomorrow in Sweden. I'm quite hyped for it and I even get the sweet steelcase cover.
You know,I walked by a video store today. It had rising,and I PASSED BY IT. :>

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
I'D LIKE TO ANNOUNCE SOMETHING THAT MAY COME OF SHOCK TO SOME.

I have never played Bayonetta..only the demo.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
You know,I walked by a video store today. It had rising,and I PASSED BY IT. :>
You are a bad person and should feel bad.

I'D LIKE TO ANNOUNCE SOMETHING THAT MAY COME OF SHOCK TO SOME.

I have never played Bayonetta..only the demo.

fmjeAOG.jpg

Seriously though, if you liked the demo, you should get it. it's a fantastic game and should be pretty cheap by now.

Dylan20

I got it yesterday. I liked it alot only problem is my first play through of it and i beat it in 4 hours 52 minutes. Other than that it was epic imo.

WorkenOnMaLeft

I was going to, I might get it..but it's either that or Rising.
dont bother just take your chances with Rising. Unless over the top parodies of over the top games strike your fancy, or if youre a Kamiya worshipper. Those are really the only ways to enjoy the game.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
dont bother just take your chances with Rising. Unless over the top parodies of over the top games strike your fancy, or if youre a Kamiya worshipper. Those are really the only ways to enjoy the game.

Kamiya had literally nothing to do with Metal Gear Rising from what I remember...

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Rising is completely bonkers. I'm loving it, although I'm regretting doing my first playthrough on Normal.

ZeroLove

So, let's put some facts on the table...

Kamiya had nothing to do with MGR. He is part of Platinum Games, but he was not part of the team who did MGR. None, nada, zip, zero...

Kojima's so damn hyped that he's already talking about making a Metal Gear Rising 2...

http://spong.com/article/29051/Kojima-I-Want-to-Make-Metal-Gear-Rising-2-with-Platinum

... Seriously? I hope they will do better with the story then. I mean, what Kojima is mostly known for is his epic storytelling skills and how he put it into videogames. The Metal Gear Solid series is proof of that! But MGR... it had a really tacky and unserious story. I can't tell you guys how disappointed I was about it too many times... And I am not hating for the sake of hating, I was disappointed because I am a fan of Kojima, I am a fan of the Metal Gear games and I was really hoping to get a cool story about Raiden in this game. So Kojima, pull yourself together if you're going to make a sequal!!!

D H

So, let's put some facts on the table...

Kamiya had nothing to do with MGR. He is part of Platinum Games, but he was not part of the team who did MGR. None, nada, zip, zero...

... Seriously? I hope they will do better with the story then. I mean, what Kojima is mostly known for is his epic storytelling skills and how he put it into videogames. The Metal Gear Solid series is proof of that! But MGR... it had a really tacky and unserious story. I can't tell you guys how disappointed I was about it too many times... And I am not hating for the sake of hating, I was disappointed because I am a fan of Kojima, I am a fan of the Metal Gear games and I was really hoping to get a cool story about Raiden in this game. So Kojima, pull yourself together if you're going to make a sequal!!!

Kojima didn't write the script, Etsu Tamari did.

Also:

"The plot was written with the idea of being accessible to people who have not played previous Metal Gear games."

Gotta say, this really helped pull me in as if I thought I had to play 5 or so other games just to grasp the concepts of this one, I may have passed it over. After MGR, I've already pulled out my old PS1 and borrowed my brothers copy to play it.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I think the goofy plot fits nicely with the gameplay, and it functions adaquately within the technical constraints of the genre. Background is optional through the Codec system, the plot-mandated speeches don't drag, and the villians are utterly reprehensible monsters who make you crave the opportunity to kill them horribly.

If George's voice acting wasn't so unbelievably horrible I'd probably mark it much higher.

Top Bottom