• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any DmC fans hyped for MGR?

Agent47_89

"Okay, fans we're done with you, you want a scary game? Go play something else, we want people who like action games now!"

That's not really acceptable, they're just using the brand name to sell games.

People loved RE4, that's why they made RE5. People liked that so they got RE6.

Tank controls did help give RE1-3 tension since once you've mastered RE4 control scheme it was hard to be overwhelmed by anything. Don't forget the fixed camera angles.

Fixed Camera angles give the sense of suspense and make you cautious when you move around the screen. They're welcome in my book.

And if People liked 4, why don't people like 5 and 6 as much? Not many Resident Evil fans did, it's the whole reason why Capcom are rebooting the series to go back to its roots because they F'ed up. Hell, look at what Silent Hill has done to itself because of change.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
MGR looks pretty awesome. IGN rates it an 8.5/10, so that's good. Of course, IGN isn't always great at reviewing. I mean, I believe they gave Fable III an 8.5 or something as well, which is ridiculous.

Saw some gameplay videos recently, and I want it. Sadly, I have to make a choice between Lost Odyssey (which I already played) + Mass Effect 3, and Metal Gear: Rising. So, I'll have to go with the former two games :( I liked the MGR demo, too. It was more intuitive to me than DmC. Fast-paced, too. And it's not a Metal Gear Solid game, people, it's Metal Gear Rising. Get that through your thick heads :p

Agent47_89

And if People liked 4, why don't people like 5 and 6 as much? Not many Resident Evil fans did, it's the whole reason why Capcom are rebooting the series to go back to its roots because they F'ed up. Hell, look at what Silent Hill has done to itself because of change.

They did like 5, its the best selling in the series and RE6 did OK.

I've only played Silent Hill 1 & 2 but checking reviews for other games they got decent scores.

Dark Drakan

Admin
MGR looks pretty awesome. IGN rates it an 8.5/10, so that's good. Of course, IGN isn't always great at reviewing. I mean, I believe they gave Fable III an 8.5 or something as well, which is ridiculous.

Averaging 82% on 360 (User Score 81%) & 80% on PS3 (User Score 81%) currently so it seems to have been received well by the critics & gamers in general.

ZeroLove

Okay, I WAS very hyped for it, but then I saw all the cutscenes and I am actually quite disappointed... I might just save myself some money and wait to buy this game until it gets cheaper.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Okay, I WAS very hyped for it, but then I saw all the cutscenes and I am actually quite disappointed... I might just save myself some money and wait to buy this game until it gets cheaper.
That's where I currently stand with the game, being only 4 hours long does not help either. I know it's not like an 80 hour rpg but 4 hours is short even by action game standards and at sixty bucks I just don't think I could justify it.

ZeroLove

That's where I currently stand with the game, being only 4 hours long does not help either. I know it's not like an 80 hour rpg but 4 hours is short even by action game standards and at sixty bucks I just don't think I could justify it.

Exactly. Replay value is important in games like this and... is there any replay value at all?

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Just looking at cutscenes don't give you anything NEAR the actual game experience.

I would say, "just play for yourself", but there's no point.

EvilX-81

Does the 4 hours include the 2 hours of cutscenes?

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Exactly. Replay value is important in games like this and... is there any replay value at all?
Well it seems like it has multiple difficulty settings although not as many as a DMC game and it has lot's of VR missions. The difficulty settings seem cool but the VR missions look so bland.

Does the 4 hours include the 2 hours of cutscenes?
I believe that the cutscenes are not included in that number so 4 hours of actual gameplay, which in my book is still extremely short, even by action game standards.

EvilX-81

I believe that the cutscenes are not included in that number so 4 hours of actual gameplay, which in my book is still extremely short, even by action game standards.

Ahhh, okay. I think I can roll with that though. I know how much trouble this project as been, so in any case think I'll try picking it up new maybe next mon--

God-of-War-Ascension-004.jpg

580544_311382375640278_513243913_n.jpg

.....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.......

......This is gonna be a good year.

TheNoHeartedBeing

I was never hyped for the game.It looked cool and all but it didn't interest to the extend that I would get exited for every new trailer that came out.To me it was a game that had swords and alot of slashing. Now I admit I over hyped DmC alot. Now that iv played the game I can admit that. DmC was an alright game just like the old dmcs. I haven't played mgr but I watch a.stream by my boy Dayasha and I must say I am impressed. One weird thing about me is that I feel that the way a character runs in a game determines how cool and fun it will be. The way Raiden runs in mgr is awesome. He's running super fast jumping over ledges doing flips ruining on walls just doing all of this crazy stuff and its all happening in real time. That aspect of mgr makes me think I might enjoy mgr more than DmC. The only thing I'm worrying about in mgr is the creativity in its combos. Dayash was doing awesome things while he was playing the game but even he said he was mashing buttons. He was still enjoying himself but still i need to know if the game will let you pull off stylish combos. Other than that the game seems really cool. I'll wait for price drop though :)

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Ahhh, okay. I think I can roll with that though. I know how much trouble this project as been, so in any case think I'll try picking it up new maybe next mon--

God-of-War-Ascension-004.jpg

580544_311382375640278_513243913_n.jpg

.....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.......

......This is gonna be a good year.
Lol, it's the year of the hack and slash game. I REALLY wish I could play GOW:A, i've been like super hyped since that awesome trailer and that new Naruto game brings out the anime nerd in me again, that one I will definitely
be picking up!

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Averaging 82% on 360 (User Score 81%) & 80% on PS3 (User Score 81%) currently so it seems to have been received well by the critics & gamers in general.

Alright, that's great :)

I was never hyped for the game.It looked cool and all but it didn't interest to the extend that I would get exited for every new trailer that came out.To me it was a game that had swords and alot of slashing. Now I admit I over hyped DmC alot. Now that iv played the game I can admit that. DmC was an alright game just like the old dmcs. I haven't played mgr but I watch a.stream by my boy Dayasha and I must say I am impressed. One weird thing about me is that I feel that the way a character runs in a game determines how cool and fun it will be. The way Raiden runs in mgr is awesome. He's running super fast jumping over ledges doing flips ruining on walls just doing all of this crazy stuff and its all happening in real time. That aspect of mgr makes me think I might enjoy mgr more than DmC. The only thing I'm worrying about in mgr is the creativity in its combos. Dayash was doing awesome things while he was playing the game but even he said he was mashing buttons. He was still enjoying himself but still i need to know if the game will let you pull off stylish combos. Other than that the game seems really cool. I'll wait for price drop though :)

Don't worry about the combos, I saw a video that basically showed some of the combos in a list, much like combos are listed in DMC4.

This video should show you some of it after 3:50.

There might be more useful videos out there, though :p

Dnishe Ebanoye

Combos in this game realy hard, if you want high "Rank".
Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle ......
Why no "Square"? You dont wanna fail "parry", isnt it?

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Combos in this game realy hard, if you want high "Rank".
Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle ......
Why no "Square"? You dont wanna fail "parry", isnt it?
MGR isn't very combo focused like Bayonetta or previous DMC games. It plays out more like Ninja Gaiden.

Top Bottom