• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any DmC fans hyped for MGR?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
First thing I noticed; "He has high heels. Mechanical, clawed high heels, but still, High heels."

Konami can put Cyborg stilettos on Raiden, but as soon as Ninja Theory slap a bit of black hair on Dante, they're responsible for the Holocaust.

Correction; PLANTINUM, because they are headed by THE ALMIGHTY AND SACRED HIEDEKI KAMIYA, OUR GAME GOD AND LORD SAVIOR, can put cyber stilettos on Raiden(whom Kojima actually expressed he'd rather was actually Gray Fox instead of the disliked Raiden) and be praised for it. But should NT follow Capcom's directive and try to start Dante off as different from his classic rendition after having brought back a design that looked like a westernized verion of his classic self and having it rejected...they clearly are the Anti-Christ.

Tameem is a quirky and somewhat arrogant sod, and he's amusing at that. Kamiya is a pretentious and egotistical dick, and his company reflects that.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Correction; PLANTINUM, because they are headed by THE ALMIGHTY AND SACRED HIEDEKI KAMIYA, OUR GAME GOD AND LORD SAVIOR, can put cyber stilettos on Raiden(whom Kojima actually expressed he'd rather was actually Gray Fox instead of the disliked Raiden) and be praised for it.

Wrong, Raiden already had his high heels feets in MGS4.

Ninja_Raiden.jpg

Rilgar

I fought the war but the war won't staaaahhhppp...
I would so love to get this game...but alas...le monies, I do not have. *Sigh* Perhaps some day, yes, but not soon.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Wrong, Raiden already had his high heels feets in MGS4.
Was he already a cyborg in 4? I try to block that game out to be honest after how much it was "game 5 minute, half an hour of cutscenes, play tw monite, twenty minutes of cutscene". If Kojima wants to make a movie, make a F**king movie, not put in walking section from scene to scene and call it a game.

But the rest of my commend stands; Plantium can do something normally considering blasphemous and gets praised, and NT gets crucified for doing their job.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Was he already a cyborg in 4? I try to block that game out to be honest after how much it was "game 5 minute, half an hour of cutscenes, play tw monite, twenty minutes of cutscene". If Kojima wants to make a movie, make a F**king movie, not put in walking section from scene to scene and call it a game.

But the rest of my commend stands; Plantium can do something normally considering blasphemous and gets praised, and NT gets crucified for doing their job.
First of all, yes. Raiden was already a cyborg in MGS4.

Second, what have Platinum done to be considered "blasphemous"?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
And making an action hack n' slash for a stealth-espionage franchise. I've seen some high heaven fury from some of the long time MG fans over it. No, not just Solid Era even, I mean like straight out just "Metal Gear" old school era.

Blacknerd

Not hyped at all after playing the demo and following it since its origins. I didn't like the over the top change platinum did and I also didn't care for the story at all or how the spin of chooses to have raiden act instead of him evolving he stays that way. Perhaps a sequal(which I know will happen) will change that? I hope. The game really hasent done it for me so I'm renting it still to give a fair analysis and review instead of leaving it at the demo and just calling it a day

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
saying that bayonetta wasn't supposed to be a sexually appealing character -_-
That's not blasphemous, that is being misleading. Plus, she was intended to be as a parody. If she was a good parody is another matter though. To me she was just so hilariously oversexualised I just laughed at it.

And making an action hank n' slash for a stelth espionage franchinse. I've seen some high heaven fury from some of the long time MG fans over it. No, not just Solid Era even, I mean like straight out just "Metal Gear" old school era.
KojiPro was already making Rising to be an action game with smaller focus on stealth from the start. They couldn't figure out how to make the gameplay work in grand design so they hired Platinum Games (who are famous for making solid combat system) to help them.

Blacknerd

And making an action hank n' slash for a stealth espionage franchise. I've seen some high heaven fury from some of the long time MG fans over it. No, not just Solid Era even, I mean like straight out just "Metal Gear" old school era.

Well as an MGS fan and not the Nintendo ones I was initially excited cause all I could think back to was playing as grey fox and having that chance. However the sheer amount of quick time events and over the top nature of the game really threw it off for me. Like go back and look at kojimas version then look at platinum's version its completely different.

Im worried now because they took interest in Darksiders 3 and since story is never there strong point I fear they may ruin it or just make it a mess like bayonetta.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
That's not blasphemous, that is being misleading. Plus, she was intended to be as a parody. If she was a good parody is another matter though. To me she was just so hilariously oversexualised I just laughed at it.

Bayon was clearly never intended as a "parody", she was intende dto be a damn wet dream fetish with legs. Kamiya even commented on how much attention was paid to her backside and how she was suppose dto be "modern sexy". that's not parody, that's she unintentionally was a parody of herself.

KojiPro was already making Rising to be an action game with smaller focus on stealth from the start. They couldn't figure out how to make the gameplay work in grand design so they hired Platinum Games (who are famous for making solid combat system) to help them.

Yes, they're famous for constantly remaking DMC over and over and over, like Kamiya just can't get past it whenever making an action game. To the point Baynetta outright ripped of DMC as a whole repeatedly. Baldar was even voiceed by Liam "Sactus" o' Brian and got obsorbed into a giant ass statue GOD.

Agent47_89

Well as an MGS fan and not the Nintendo ones I was initially excited cause all I could think back to was playing as grey fox and having that chance. However the sheer amount of quick time events and over the top nature of the game really threw it off for me. Like go back and look at kojimas version then look at platinum's version its completely different.

Im worried now because they took interest in Darksiders 3 and since story is never there strong point I fear they may ruin it or just make it a mess like bayonetta.

The stories in MGS are **** except MGS1 (maybe MGS3 but I've never played that), and there's more than it's fair share of over the top stuff in the series. And there's costumes for MGR anyway.

Blacknerd

The stories in MGS are **** except MGS1 (maybe MGS3 but I've never played that), and there's more than it's fair share of over the top stuff in the series. And there's costumes for MGR anyway.

You miss my point and no the stories in MGS arent **** as you say. They all had good stories 2 was the only one with the most out there characters. Your talking to someone whose played and beaten every last MGS game so im not going there with you. Your also missing the point of how truely over the top MGR is compared to MGS. Its purposely being over the top because they wanted it to be that way.

A simple costume doesnt make me want to play the game. What do you take me for? Those assholes who wont play DmC until they got there "classic dante skin" I know of the the grey fox skin but at the same time its only a minor cosmetic change and he is still raiden. Grey fox as a cyborg ninja was one of the first of his kind and did not have the full body use for weapons like raiden. I.e. the heel attachment used for blade wielding.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Yes, they're famous for constantly remaking DMC over and over and over, like Kamiya just can't get past it whenever making an action game. To the point Baynetta outright ripped of DMC as a whole repeatedly. Baldar was even voiceed by Liam "Sactus" o' Brian and got obsorbed into a giant ass statue GOD.
That is simply not true at all. Bayonetta is the only game made by P* that is remotly similar to DMC and when you look more closely on the mechanics, you'll see how different Bayonetta is from DMC3/4.

And who cares if they have the same voice actor from DMC4 to voice Balder. He got a powerful voice and it suited Balder.

To be fair, MGS had its own fair share of over the top moments here and there.

Blacknerd

That is simply not true at all. Bayonetta is the only game made by P* that is remotly similar to DMC and when you look more closely on the mechanics, you'll see how different Bayonetta is from DMC3/4.

And who cares if they have the same voice actor from DMC4 to voice Balder. He got a powerful voice and it suited Balder.

To be fair, MGS had its own fair share of over the top moments here and there.

Im talking over the top in the sense of raiden effortlessly throwing a metal gear in the beginning. Loads of explosions and all the craziness on that end. Yes MGS has some crazy moments but they arent every other seconds or purposely done in every cut-scene.

Jerry Wirerammer

When you say "good as bayonetta" youre refering to the combat right? Cause everything else was god awful, even for that style. I reaaaaaaaaaally tried to like it but.... yea.

Yeah I was talking about the combat, but I do love Bayo, from the opening credits right through to the dance number at the end :)
Funny enough though, the way you feel about Bayonetta is how I feel about MG. I really tried to get into the MG universe, over several games, but it just never clicked for me. If I do pick this up I doubt i will be watching the cut scenes ;)

Agent47_89

You miss my point and no the stories in MGS arent **** as you say. They all had good stories 2 was the only one with the most out there characters. Your talking to someone whose played and beaten every last MGS game so im not going there with you. Your also missing the point of how truely over the top MGR is compared to MGS. Its purposely being over the top because they wanted it to be that way.

A simple costume doesnt make me want to play the game. What do you take me for? Those assholes who wont play DmC until they got there "classic dante skin" I know of the the grey fox skin but at the same time its only a minor cosmetic change and he is still raiden. Grey fox as a cyborg ninja was one of the first of his kind and did not have the full body use for weapons like raiden. I.e. the heel attachment used for blade wielding.

You're telling me MGS is not over the top with psychic enemies, people who deflect bullets with mind power, fighting with 25 metal gears, Mount Gearmore, a universe where anybody can come back to life regardless what condition there were in before and anything can explained away with 'nanomachines'? Remember the scene where Raiden fights the geckos in MGS4?

And yes the stories are crap only MGS1 (and maybe MGS3) were any good and even it has some odd moments. MGS2 had the decency of having actual gameplay to cover its cutscenes while MGS4 went full blown crappy movie with interactive moments.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda

I did look at the mechanics, there are differences, but a lot of similarities because it's the same team. Bayo is pretty much P* remaking DMC with a different lead, to the point bayo was stealing lines of Dante's wholesale, have a number of his moves...AND BALDAR WAS THE EXACT SAME CHARACTER AS SANCTUS. For f**ks sake, Jeanne was Vergil with bewbs even. It's even a joke in the fandom that Jeanne and Vergil hooked up and that was Nero, as implausible for ages and timelines as it is.

Blacknerd

You're telling me MGS is not over the top with psychic enemies, people who deflect bullets with mind power, fighting with 25 metal gears, Mount Gearmore, a universe where anybody can come back to life regardless what condition there were in before and anything can explained away with 'nanomachines'? Remember the scene where Raiden fights the geckos in MGS4?

And yes the stories are crap only MGS1 (and maybe MGS3) were any good and even it has some odd moments. MGS2 had the decency of having actual gameplay cover its cutscenes while MGS4 when full blown crappy movie.

Calling MGS story bad yea im not arguing story with you.

The more I read your post the more inclined I am to ignore you but I wont due to not wanting to be that guy.
Im goign to explain myself. MGS's use of some over the top scenarios is not over used like it is in MGR. Those scenes are used in epic moments. Epic in senses like Transformers 1 where when things do get real its something to behold. But they arent used every moment. Raiden fighting the geckos was awesome and showed the power of new cyborg tech in the cyborg soldiers. However this scene was long and drawn out in the sense of he was putting effort into it. Then shortly after he was beaten by vamp. Then there was him struggling to hold a ship to stop snake from being crushed. Then there is grey fox stoping liquid snake from killing snake in the metal gear rex.
Those moments are used sparsely and not all the time like MGR has.

Top Bottom