• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Another far fetched idea I had to share (minor spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
I've marked this in spoilers, but if you've been up to date with general DMC4 news and trailers there shouldnt be anything offensive. I've mentioned lots of different things I've seen in trailers, and rumours I've heard, so I thought I'd say just in case.

OK so I've had this completely random trail of thought, and as far fetched as it is, and probably completely untrue, I thought I'd share it anyway.

So I came up with a thought, what if Berial is Beowulf?

Now, this might sound completely outrageous, and it is. Beowulf is dead as far as we know. But lets just say for arguments sake, somehow he lives. Say maybe his soul got revived, or when he bacame a Devil Arm some of him was sent to the demon realm, or something.

Right, so I hope you've read that before I get people sending men in white suits after me.

== STUPID IMPOSSIBLE THEORY BEGINS ==

Basically, I'm thinking that Berial could be Beowulf, but changed. First off, let me explain the similarities that made me consider this in the first place:

1) I read that Beowulf was confined by Sparda for 2000 years. Berial, when he meets Nero, also claims that he had been sealed for 2000 years.

2) Aesthetic similarities - Their bodies are both of similar shapes (I'm aware theyre not the same), and both have lines flowing with their energy going through them. Also, both of them can create wing like energy behind them - Beowulf created wings of light, while Berial has firey wings behind him. Also, their demenour and voices are very similar.

Right. So thats that. Now for the theory behind the change.

So lets say Beowulf somehow ends up in the underworld after he is defeated in DMC3 - maybe the Devil Arm only comprised of a small part of his soul, or something else.

Now, say Beowulf hears of an elemental being, one with the power of fire. Possibly Ifrit, while I'm running away with this anyway. So Beowulf defeats this entity, and claims its power, fusing him with the energy, transforming him into Berial.

The reason I say this, is because Berial introduces himself as "Conqueror of the Fire Hell!"

So, Berial gets back out of the demon realm (as some effect of Agnus' actions), and fights Nero as seen in the demo.

Then, Berial tells Nero that he reminds him of a certain 'him'. Dante from DMC3, maybe? They do look alike after all, and Nero is particularly like Dante was in DMC3, personality wise.

Also, I've heard that the DA Dante obtains from Berial is Gilgamesh, a very Beowulf-esque DA, thats supposedly somewhere between Beowulf and Ifrit, ability wise.

So thats it. Probably sounds like a whole load of rubbish, but I hope you enjoyed it anyway.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Of course all of this can't happen and probably the bosses look alike since they were created by the same guys, but the theory is very well made;)

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Lol well I did say it was far fetched :p

Although they were created by the same team, I think they could very well at least be family of some kind. Looking at their body structures, the arms are very similar, and the legs look almost identical.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Devil Leon;65649 said:
Lol well I did say it was far fetched :p

Although they were created by the same team, I think they could very well at least be family of some kind. Looking at their body structures, the arms are very similar, and the legs look almost identical.

Maybe they had some other connection. Family ties? Same kind of demon? It could work.

Devil May Die

I give my respects to Devil Leon for having such a good imagination and I do see where this theory is going and it's possibilytis but all the same I agree with Tony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom