• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Another Face of Sparda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volsung

The Fallen One
Yes, this thread may appear silly, but I got a bit surprised when I saw this on my net zapping:

1. This appears to be a traditional picture of Sparda, Eva and the twins.
    artbook23di8.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  2. In this one, he stands up, with his tenebrous expression.
    artbook22jr8.jpg

You may question now why I have so much confidence in say that the man on the photos is Sparda.

Well, when I saw these pictures, there was no subtitle, nor a title, by the way...

Two reasons led me to this conclusion:

1. These images were from DMC Artbook, acessible by the link on end of this thread
  2. More obvious, the white-haired twins lying on the left of the first picture.

Assuming that he is REALLY Sparda, that can have an explication.

Sparda disappeared 2000 years ago from Fortuna to return only on XX century, right?

He lost his powers sealing Temen-ni-gru. Meaning that he could get older.

So, and if this guy were the Sparda of the XX century?

But now, don't ask me what the meaning of the XVI century costumes, I don't know. u_u'

Comment.

Reference: http://www.actionhalo.net/dante/media/index.php?artbook

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Wow. Not sure where you managed to find those pics but I must say that they look pretty sweet. I reckon Sparda definitely looks his best - and toughest - in those pics.

Sparda™

Seen those pics a long time ago. Those are from the DMC1 Art Book.

If Sparda was to be used in a future Devil May Cry, this art could be canon or not. At this point, I think they are just an art.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I saw those ages ago, and even if they are Sparda it doesn't really mean anything. The events still played out the same way.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I would much rather play as that guy than monocle boy. That is a much more realistic version of Sparda. If they actually did ever make a Sparda game I hope they create a Sparda like that. I never saw Sparda actually looking like he does as an extra character I just see that as his image. Kind of like historical distortion.

(Is it me or does he look like Andross from Starfox?)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ See, I am the complete opposite to what you just said...I actually prefer the monocle, to me it gives him that edge of slick coolness. This makes him seem old and he doesn't look in great shape. He should be standing tall with a sword at his side, dressed in dark colours such as purple, black and dark blood reds (Now that to me would look awesome)

Darth Angelo

LordOfDarkness;148681 said:
^ See, I am the complete opposite to what you just said...I actually prefer the monocle, to me it gives him that edge of slick coolness. This makes him seem old and he doesn't look in great shape. He should be standing tall with a sword at his side, dressed in dark colours such as purple, black and dark blood reds (Now that to me would look awesome)

But I would hope that if they ever went back they would keep the smug slick coolness with Dante. And respect the fact that this took place a long time ago in a much more serious epic time.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
darth_angelo45;148683 said:
But I would hope that if they ever went back they would keep the smug slick coolness with Dante. And respect the fact that this took place a long time ago in a much more serious epic time.

I kind of agree, but my point against that is dmc isn't serious :lol:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
darth_angelo45;148690 said:
It used to be :(

Cheer up Sir, it's Christmas time. Okay, well when we look at it logically. Back then when Sparda rebelled against his own kind, it was like an apocalyptic era. So in times like those, seriousness would have been the main theme. And Devil May Cry 1 was serious, and so was 2 (As you said it used to be) So I think Sparda was the most serious out of them all.

Sparda™

I love Sparda. He's my favorite character.

I'll kill anyone who stands in my way just to get a copy of the game when you play as the Legendary Dark Knight.:D

Seriously though, the monocle guy is epic.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
That would be nice, though Capcom should have its hands full with Nero now. They wasted a whole game only to show that he kinda exists and loves Kyrie. They should give us more info about him, then go to the total epicness that surrounds Sparda;)

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Volsung;148625 said:
Yes, this thread may appear silly, but I got a bit surprised when I saw this on my net zapping:

1. This appears to be a traditional picture of Sparda, Eva and the twins.
    artbook23di8.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  2. In this one, he stands up, with his tenebrous expression.
    artbook22jr8.jpg

You may question now why I have so much confidence in say that the man on the photos is Sparda.

Well, when I saw these pictures, there was no subtitle, nor a title, by the way...

Two reasons led me to this conclusion:

1. These images were from DMC Artbook, acessible by the link on end of this thread
  2. More obvious, the white-haired twins lying on the left of the first picture.

Assuming that he is REALLY Sparda, that can have an explication.

Sparda disappeared 2000 years ago from Fortuna to return only on XX century, right?

He lost his powers sealing Temen-ni-gru. Meaning that he could get older.

So, and if this guy were the Sparda of the XX century?

But now, don't ask me what the meaning of the XVI century costumes, I don't know. u_u'

Comment.

Reference: http://www.actionhalo.net/dante/media/index.php?artbook

These are scans from a book I have called Devil May Cry: Stylish and Cool DMC1
It's a concept book BEFORE DMC1's final design when Sparda was actually made. Course we all know from the anime and costumes + later imagery it changed to him resembling Vergil more. They were considering a early gothic concept to the series instead of modern era, it is Sparda, but nothing canon to ever look at.

Darth Angelo

NerosDevil;148943 said:
These are scans from a book I have called Devil May Cry: Stylish and Cool DMC1
It's a concept book BEFORE DMC1's final design when Sparda was actually made. Course we all know from the anime and costumes + later imagery it changed to him resembling Vergil more. They were considering a early gothic concept to the series instead of modern era, it is Sparda, but nothing canon to ever look at.

Although it was in a modern era DMC1 was still quite gothic wasn't it. 1 and 2 seem to be a lot more about the gothic side to the series and 3 and 4 kind of went more to the cool thang (not counting the music).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom