• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

And Wonder Woman is......

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
1386182420_gal-gadot-lg.jpg

This lady......ummm Gal Gadot? Who is she? Oh, all she really has are those Fast and Furious movies under her belt.

..................was the casting director smoking crack? Wonder Woman is an amazonian princess. If we're talking about what person should play her it should be someone who was like Xena Warrior Princess in her prime.

My personal pick would be Jaimie Alexander who is known for playing Sif in Thor. Sure Sif is basically like Marvel's Wonder Woman but still come on.
Lady+Sif+(Jaimie+Alexander).jpg

But the one thing that really annoys me about this whole thing is...........

WONDER WOMAN DESERVES HER OWN GODDAMN MOVIE AND NOT TO BE JUST PUT ON THE BACK BURNER IN THIS BATMAN/SUPERMAN FLICK.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
1386182420_gal-gadot-lg.jpg

This lady......ummm Gal Gadot? Who is she? Oh, all she really has are those Fast and Furious movies under her belt.

..................was the casting director smoking crack? Wonder Woman is an amazonian princess. If we're talking about what person should play her it should be someone who was like Xena Warrior Princess in her prime.

My personal pick would be Jaimie Alexander who is known for playing Sif in Thor. Sure Sif is basically like Marvel's Wonder Woman but still come on.
Lady+Sif+(Jaimie+Alexander).jpg

But the one thing that really annoys me about this whole thing is...........

WONDER WOMAN DESERVES HER OWN GODDAMN MOVIE AND NOT TO BE JUST PUT ON THE BACK BURNER IN THIS BATMAN/SUPERMAN FLICK.

while i agree probably not enough of a wonder woman fanbase out there to actually get a good selling movie out of her. female lead charatcers have a harder time then anything especially when they are playing the stereotypical male role

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
while i agree probably not enough of a wonder woman fanbase out there to actually get a good selling movie out of her. female lead charatcers have a harder time then anything especially when they are playing the stereotypical male role
The thing is that's totally not true and it totally mirrors the video game industry and a lot of things in our media. Higher ups thinking that female fronted movies, games, etc. won't sell because they have a female lead. The creepy cull of female protagonist.

Wonder Woman has been around for decades and has just a big a fanbase as other DC heroes. Hell, she's pretty much the most popular female heroine like ever.

DC as of late hasn't been giving their female characters proper treatment anyway. They hyper sexualized a lot of them to ridiculous extents (see Starfire) and are just basically borderline misogynist. The hell is wrong with them? They had a public contest to have someone draw a 4 panel attempted suicide scene for Harley Quinn and one panel had to have her naked in a bath tub.

........wut

And also overall, DC/Warner Bros. just don't have a plan. It's like watching a chicken with it's head cut off. I want to be excited for the Batman/Superman movie but I freaking can't. It's probably gonna totally suck and I HATE DAVID GOYER. He was the main reason why Man of Steel blew.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
The thing is that's totally not true and it totally mirrors the video game industry and a lot of things in our media. Higher ups thinking that female fronted movies, games, etc. won't sell because they have a female lead. The creepy cull of female protagonist.

Wonder Woman has been around for decades and has just a big a fanbase as other DC heroes. Hell, she's pretty much the most popular female heroine like ever.

DC as of late hasn't been giving their female characters proper treatment anyway. They hyper sexualized a lot of them to ridiculous extents (see Starfire) and are just basically borderline misogynist. The hell is wrong with them? They had a public contest to have someone draw a 4 panel attempted suicide scene for Harley Quinn and one panel had to have her naked in a bath tub.

........wut

And also overall, DC/Warner Bros. just don't have a plan. It's like watching a chicken with it's head cut off. I want to be excited for the Batman/Superman movie but I freaking can't. It's probably gonna totally suck and I HATE DAVID GOYER. He was the main reason why Man of Steel blew.

lol this problem happens with a lot of things the main thing is fans having a say in what goes on in movies games and such..just doesnt happen

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I think they picked her because she's Israeli and must be therefore "tough".

Either that, or she was boned on the casting couch...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think they picked her because she's Israeli and must be therefore "tough".

Either that, or she was boned on the casting couch...
That's rather presumptions to say she got the role just because she slept with someone. Maybe they liked her acting in other movies? Maybe she was the only one who agreed to the contract? Who knows.
Just because she's a woman, doesn't mean she had to sleep with someone to get a movie role.:facepalm: I thought people were past that kind of thinking.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I thought people were past that kind of thinking.
Ok, that last part was put in as a joke. I saw her role in F&F, and I got no impression from her at all. It was only now that I remembered that she was in that movie.

As for the Israeli thing... I stand by that assumption. They're tough. Most of them have a... battle-hardened mentality, from my point of view.

Their showers can be no longer than four minutes. Per day. That's the rule of thumb in most households over there.

I am neither for nor against her having this part. I wouldn't have picked her, but then again, I wouldn't have picked Ben Affleck, either.

Caville can hold his own as the Last Son of Krypton. I don't hold up much faith for the other two, though. 1 out of 3 possibly good performances isn't something that I'm really looking forward to, to be honest.

I'm just going to avoid this movie. I liked the Man of Steel, but it's not enough to make me watch this.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ben Affleck and Cavill are fine. While I wouldn't have thought of Ben as my first choice he is not a bad actor and is also a great director.

And I'm just like the nostalgic critic when it comes to Man of Steel. Sure it's like the best DBZ adaption ever but, it's a p!ss poor Superman flick that doesn't understand Superman whatsoever.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Sure it's like the best DBZ adaption ever but, it's a p!ss poor Superman flick that doesn't understand Superman whatsoever.
I'm going to have to take Angry Joe's side. It's not perfect, but I think it's good enough.

The only other "realistic" way to have done this is through Smallville, and it took 10 years for CK to put on the cape. Eventually, you're going to have to break your suspension of disbelief somewhere along the way.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
They are comic book superheroes. Who the hell wants realism?

Man of Steel is pretty much an insult to everything Superman stands for. DC/Warner Bros. have no plan and Marvel is just making victory laps at this point.

At least DC still makes great animated movies.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Glad you brought up the animated series. Batman had moved really slowly when it came to plot, slowly stretching our suspension of disbelief when it came to these things. Why, you could even say that Nolan was directly inspired by these slow story beats.

Even the friggin' Hub network agreed with EvilSwa (one of the makers of these tas parodies) and "copied" his vids.

Superman: TAS is merely an extension of Batman: TAS, imho. Much how MoS is an extension of the Nolan trilogy.

So... I guess you can say, blame the "realism" on the TAS version of these heroes. That's... just my conclusion.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
MoS

Hub Version:

Sorry about the triple post, it was the only way to display all the vids.

Railazel

If you want my two cents, I'm not like Ms. Gadot as a choice either. She doesn't have the look of a warrioress. From a purely facial standpoint, yeah, she would look good as Wonder Woman but she is too skinny to give off the "amazon" look that people want to see.

First of all, female warriors tend to be firmly- muscled. Lean and skinny, sure, but their legs appear very strong and the muscles in their upper body would be well- defined. Gadot doesn't have that athletic look to her. Hopefully, she would get it by the time the movie comes out or else she would seem to be playing the wrong role.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
to be honest...wonder woman really only joins the outside world to aid in large scale events. so i'm wondering why she wasn't in metropolis when black zero attacked. but oh well. i really would have preferred if she was not placed into the DCcU until the JL movie. but its all cool. the whole thing with her being too skinny: bull. she can bulk up, and even if she's "too skinny" after that, then ok. not everybody is gonna be bane sized. this isn't a book illustrated by tim sale. and besides, in the comics currently (jim lee style anyway) she's about the same as gadot and just as strong as captain marvel and can beat aquaman in hand-to-hand combat. so she can handle herself. i won't say gadot can't act, because FF is really just about fast cars and stunts and even good actors like walker, ludachris, and diesel were kinda weak in those films. so i'll wait and see. i just hope she isn't used too much in the film and waited out to be full forced in JL

Top Bottom