• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

An easy question to answer.

Who did you save?

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
2. While all life is precious, human life is more valuable (sorry pet lovers).
I choose neither because --

-- I'd be too irresponsible to take care of a pet and --

-- my grudges last for years, so this would be one less person to hate.

But I still like animals like cats, rabbits, and sugar gliders more than people, so there's that.

------------------------------------

*shrugs*

Besides, seeing how bad life is nowadays, the neighbor is probably getting the better end of the bargain, anyway.

------------------------------------

I'm just a ray of sunshine, aren't I? :D

Exejpgwmv

(I will occasionally do this.)
I find that peoples answers vary based on how they use the words: Hate and Love

Some use "Hate" to simply mean large annoyance.
Others use it for more extreme things such as: Before leaving your residence you found out he was a serial killer, rapist, sexual trafficker, or.... etc.

Some use "Love" to simply mean a good companion.
Others use it for more meaningful things such as: The pet has been loyal to you for many years, saved your or the life of someone close to you, or.... etc.

Also, remember guys, this a hypothetical questions.
The point is to imagine that you are in this situation and then decide what you would do.

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I'd save my pet(s). *shrugs* Don't really know any of my neighbors well enough to put my life on the line for them and, realistically, the few that I like live so far down the street that, by the time I noticed them, they'd be SOL. So, if it was for a neighbor I hated, combined with my misanthropic world views? Pfft! "STILTS-Y! MOMMA'S COMING TO SAVE YOU! D:"

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I didn't say your life would be in danger, just that you could save him/her.

I know. ^^; I just naturally assumed that if someone else's life in on the line and I go to save them then that puts my life in danger, as well. >_> My apologies if I took it too literally. =)

If Jak's "super-hitler" then I'm "super-goebbels".

And I'm Batman. :cool: My work here is done. *ninjas out*

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Neighbour, even if I dislike them for x, y or z.
Not saying that human life is more valuable.
But I'm a realist. Chances are, my beloved pet would hightail the f outta there and/or will follow my command. They're more attuned to nature.
Humans, especially the really selfish and arrogant type, are downright stupid. They don't listen to reason or instinct at the best of times. There's a 70% chance the human would get hurt/die vs 30% chance a pet would.
You do realize that by the time one person has died someone has already been born into the world right?
And for every one born, there are 10 aborted and 10 abandoned to die. This excludes natural abortions and ectopic pregnancies and stillbirths. Add onto that how many people die every day, in war and crashes and murders, I think the human race is doing a brilliant job at eradicating itself.

Exejpgwmv

Neighbour, even if I dislike them for x, y or z.
Not saying that human life is more valuable.
But I'm a realist. Chances are, my beloved pet would hightail the f outta there and/or will follow my command. They're more attuned to nature.
Humans, especially the really selfish and arrogant type, are downright stupid. They don't listen to reason or instinct at the best of times. There's a 70% chance the human would get hurt/die vs 30% chance a pet would.

And for every one born, there are 10 aborted and 10 abandoned to die. This excludes natural abortions and ectopic pregnancies and stillbirths. Add onto that how many people die every day, in war and crashes and murders, I think the human race is doing a brilliant job at eradicating itself.
That isn't enough to eradicate us :p

Remember, things used to be much much worse.

Top Bottom