• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Serious Comparison

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well respectfully, Hideki Kamiya was the one who created Dante and Devil May Cry. Not CAPCOM. I do agree though, CAPCOM is as responsible as Ninja Theory for giving the project to them. I'm mad at CAPCOM, but I'm more angry at NT for creating the actual changes as apposed to CAPCOM who left them off the chain. But as far as you thinking that Ninja Theory hasn't been dissing old fans and the old series ...

---“But, you know, what was cool 12 years ago – I think that was when the first game came out [It actually came out nine years ago for PS2 - JC] – isn’t cool any more.

---“If Dante, dressed as he was, walked into any bar outside of Tokyo, he’d get laughed out."

Tameem and his development team at NT obviously have no respect for the old series, or the people who like it. He didn't even know when the first game came out. And even after that, unprovoked, he started bashing Hideki Kamiya's latest game "Bayonetta," for no reason other than to arrogantly profess himself as greater than the genius who actually created the Devil May Cry series:

---“But in terms of, ‘Do I think it’s cool?’ No, not at all. I think it’s caricatured and over-the-top and very ‘Japanesey,’ and for that absurd style it does that really well, but that’s not what I want.”

I'm sorry I didn't want to start an argument, but when you say something like:

"CAPCOM wants the change and if NT said something not nice capcom would have said something....i mean they are the one who made DMC in the first place :)"

it just doesn't seem like you understand what I'm saying or why I'm angry. As far as my thoughts on the way the new Vergil looks compared to the old version, I think you have my answer.

I hope you don't mind me doing this, and if I offend you, I apologize whole heartedly.

NT had no choice but to change Dante and the DMC world, because that's what Capcom actually wanted for the franchise. NT were just the workers who were told to remake DMC and make it more modern. NT itself isn't to blame, Tammen is actually the sole person people vent their hate to.

now about what he said about this;

“But, you know, what was cool 12 years ago – I think that was when the first game came out isn’t cool any more.

---“If Dante, dressed as he was, walked into any bar outside of Tokyo, he’d get laughed out."

I don't find that offensive because as long as it doesn't have anything to do with my race, beliefs, or standards, I can never find it offensive as a DMC fan. Plus this is just Tammen's opinion of DMC, just like so many others have an opinion over. I do in a sense agree with Tammen, DMC was cool back when it first came out, stylish and all, but DMC2 set it back and with it Capcom lost many fans because of it. DMC3 brought some back but not all their fans, and DMC4 didn't bring many back either. Personally I miss DMC1 and DMC3 as they were the key DMC games story wise and gameplay wise. DMC2 was a set back because of a new team and DMC4 was cheap in my mind because it had nothing to do with Dante, which told me that Dante's story was done with. So yeah, in a way, he's not right, but he's also not wrong. Tammen's intitled to his own opinion just as Kamiya was intitled to his opinion when he ripped on PlayStation All stars. Or Kamiya saying Bayonetta could beat DMC Dante easily.

---“But in terms of, ‘Do I think it’s cool?’ No, not at all. I think it’s caricatured and over-the-top and very ‘Japanesey,’ and for that absurd style it does that really well, but that’s not what I want.”

This, I thought was unfair. Bayonetta's suppose to be this style and over the top. However, again it's Tammen's opinion and he doesn't want it for himself or DmC since he's making DmC more modern. Bayonetta's too over the top to be modern and that wouldn't fit in his "Dark Knight: batman" styled DmC. I'm not a big fan of Bayonetta cause it's a bit stereotypical for me, an otaku, to get into in terms of anime style; One liners, over the top action, lines seem rehearsed, no realness.

Again, If I offended you, I analogize.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

thats true and no one has to feel offended cuz we are all brothers and sisters :p and we are discussing this like grown ups not kids :)......

and im just puting this out of my head....Hideki Kamiya made bayonetta to give capcom a big f*ck you....that he would have made DMC better and all....but thats just my thoughts!^_^

and thank you all for keeping my thread nice and clean :D *i dont want hate in my threads now* :p

KtWtWiS43

I hope you don't mind me doing this, and if I offend you, I apologize whole heartedly.

NT had no choice but to change Dante and the DMC world, because that's what Capcom actually wanted for the franchise. NT were just the workers who were told to remake DMC and make it more modern. NT itself isn't to blame, Tammen is actually the sole person people vent their hate to.

now about what he said about this;

“But, you know, what was cool 12 years ago – I think that was when the first game came out isn’t cool any more.

I don't find that offensive because as long as it doesn't have anything to do with my race, beliefs, or standards, I can never find it offensive as a DMC fan. Plus this is just Tammen's opinion of DMC, just like so many others have an opinion over. I do in a sense agree with Tammen, DMC was cool back when it first came out, stylish and all, but DMC2 set it back and with it Capcom lost many fans because of it. DMC3 brought some back but not all their fans, and DMC4 didn't bring many back either. Personally I miss DMC1 and DMC3 as they were the key DMC games story wise and gameplay wise. DMC2 was a set back because of a new team and DMC4 was cheap in my mind because it had nothing to do with Dante, which told me that Dante's story was done with. So yeah, in a way, he's not right, but he's also not wrong. Tammen's intitled to his own opinion just as Kamiya was intitled to his opinion when he ripped on PlayStation All stars. Or Kamiya saying Bayonetta could beat DMC Dante easily.

This, I thought was unfair. Bayonetta's suppose to be this style and over the top. However, again it's Tammen's opinion and he doesn't want it for himself or DmC since he's making DmC more modern. Bayonetta's too over the top to be modern and that wouldn't fit in his "Dark Knight: batman" styled DmC. I'm not a big fan of Bayonetta cause it's a bit stereotypical for me, an otaku, to get into in terms of anime style; One liners, over the top action, lines seem rehearsed, no realness.

Again, If I offended you, I analogize.

No I'm just so passionate about the old series, I won't take offence to anything you say. Promise!

Mainly, I disapprove of Ninja Theory for pointing out everything I loved about the old series, and telling me that it's not cool anymore, and that it's not what people want to play. Coming into the series as an outside developer, that was just straight up unprofessional of Ninja Theory to begin their romp through an already established franchise by letting all of the fans know how much they think it sucks. Then, unprovoked, Tameem starts bashing Hideki Kamiya, which tells me that he's highly insecure and is trying as hard as he can to make fans forget the previous series was so much fun. Not a good start. On Tameem's part, him picking apart the series, choosing what he likes, and throwing the rest away is a true testament of that.

He's basically doing what Paul W.S. Anderson has been doing to the Resident Evil films. With the wealth of intellectual property present in the Resident Evil games, Paul doesn't even have to think to put the next movie together. He just picks out what he wants, and waits for Capcom to put out another game for him to rip off of. Then when he announces things like "Hey guess what Resident Evil fans?? Ada Wong, and Leon S. Kennedy are gunna be in the movie!" I just smack my forehead. "Hey guess what? Vergil's gunna be in the next game!" I can't stand for that. It's insulting watching Capcom think they can alienate their fans over and over again and we'll come running back for more at the mere mention of characters that made us love them in the first place.

The reason at the end of it is money. Obviously. Capcom knew they'd create a huge uproar by doing the reboot, and it's working famously. Which ... why did they feel the need to do that again? Every installment of the Devil May Cry series, with the exception of DMC2 has been awarded positive reviews, great sales, and a steady and heartfelt fanbase. Tameem and others are trying to convince everyone that the story was dried up, or that DMC4 was a failure. Although I do agree that DMC4 wasnt everything I hoped for, the combat system, the graphics, Bloody Palace, and the introduction of Nero .. they were all such a resounding success. The voice acting was so spot on for that game. Gamers bash DMC4 all the time, but somehow fail to realize what an impressive acheivement Nero was. He's like Dante and Vergil when they were kids. Before Dante turned to good, and Vergil turned bad, Nero has that conflict inside of him. Whether to follow Dante's path or Vergil's. There was such an opportunity to use Nero to explore both Dante and Vergil's flaws. Then take Lady and Trish and Vergil himself, and even Dante. It makes no sense to me that the developers made the reboot because they were at a dead end for the story. If that's true, than I'm at a loss.

What I'm trying to say I guess, is that the story was there, the characters were there, the graphics were there, and for the past decade Devil May Cry and each of it's installments have pushed the genre further and further. If anything, Devil May Cry needed a storyline past DMC2, not an entire reboot to try and pander to the masses and make the most money they can. You never saw Hideo Kojima scrap Metal Gear Solid 4 and decide to reboot his whole series to try and make a quick buck off the shock value of dumping an entire franchise. But whatever. The only one who seems to agree with me at this point is Hideki Kamiya.

DragonMaster2010

What I'm trying to say I guess, is that the story was there, the characters were there, the graphics were there, and for the past decade Devil May Cry and each of it's installments have pushed the genre further and further. If anything, Devil May Cry needed a storyline past DMC2, not an entire reboot to try and pander to the masses and make the most money they can. You never saw Hideo Kojima scrap Metal Gear Solid 4 and decide to reboot his whole series to try and make a quick buck off the shock value of dumping an entire franchise. But whatever. The only one who seems to agree with me at this point is Hideki Kamiya.

I hear that.

Even though I do like the reboot, I still hate Capcom for more then one reason. They've been doing a lot of that for awhile. From canceling the latest Megaman, to letting Resident Evil become something different from the games, to the DMC reboot. Don't get me wrong though, I actually liked the Original series, but what I didn't like was how much it changed. DMC1 was what I'd call a masterpiece, then Capcom decided to be dicks and do their own DMC; DMC2. It failed so then do DMC3 which was a success. then DMC4 comes and this was what made me mad; Dante didn't change all that much from DMC3, Nero was, like you said, a good character, but was presented not so well, and back tracking. DMC has always suffered that curse of bad story writing but has gained the gift of good gameplay. I just wish Capcom didn't dig themselves in such a deep hole and be able to at least try to fix the story itself. However Dante's story would have been done by at least DMC3.

Past: DMC3
Present: DMC1
Future: DMC2

So yeah, Capcom is dead to me, but that doesn't mean I won't get DmC.^_^

VoR-SaL

how do you mean?:/
i mean vergil in dmc3 was serious, strong, egoist, selfish, rigid, angry, hungry of blood... the new nero looks weaker, more amenable... nevertheless we know nothing about new vergil... only a video a couple minutes... and we'll see who is artsy.:devil:

Agility

"Known"
I'm not saying that the old series needed to die. But it needed to not be active any longer. They couldn't even make the novels canon. Though they tried their darndest. If it were about money and doing numbers, then they would've just made DMC 5. But, they want more people to recognize DMC.

People left Capcom or were fired from Capcom. That's why games are rebooted. Like Ninja Gaiden 3, Perfect Dark Zero, Goldeneye, Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider, etc. In truth people complained about DMC 4 being stale and it freakin was! That was it, there was nothing else for them to do. Four years pass nearly five and the release of a new one surfaces. It's usually 3 years apart. They sat down and went over everything they could for that long!

They came up with nothing. They didn't know what else to put into DMC that hasn't been done in other games. DMC paved the way and now it can't even go against those that imitate it? That's like getting old and watching someone do what you have already done and are still doing and WINNING more at it.

I still own DMC 4 and I did play it last year. It felt good playing as NERO.

Agility

"Known"
i mean vergil in dmc3 was serious, strong, egoist, selfish, rigid, angry, hungry of blood... the new nero looks weaker, more amenable... nevertheless we know nothing about new vergil... only a video a couple minutes... and we'll see who is artsy.:devil:

I think the worst thing about this is that Nero could have been at the helm of DMC 5 if people hadn't complained about him. Capcom was really pushing for Nero, which is why he had a cooler sword, cooler personality, cooler moves, and oh hell yeah Johnny Young Bosch!

If people would have kept their mouths shut, I bet we would have a DMC game that has online co op. Either be Nero or be Dante. Whichever one you wanna do. Once you two beat the game on normal you unlock Trish and Lucia. Beat the game on DMD (Devils Must Die) and you unlock Vergil and Sparda. I seriously would have loved LOVED to play with my brother, friend, or girlfriend through a game like that.

All I can hear my brother saying is "I lost the combo!!! Get him! Get him before he falls!" Then, you know me, I like Nero so I'm going to use Snatch, uppercut, combo into Buster for additional combo time and when the guy comes down my brother uses Stinger at the perfect time to finish him off. Overkill, I know, but that's how we roll. You should've seen us in Shaolin Monks.

Now my Gf playing...uhh I dunno. I think she'll just sit back and shoot while I handle the dirty business. No, I'm certain of it. But I'll get that ***** a cannon. ******* love cannons. Please don't tell her I said that.

VoR-SaL

I think the worst thing about this is that Nero could have been at the helm of DMC 5 if people hadn't complained about him. Capcom was really pushing for Nero, which is why he had a cooler sword, cooler personality, cooler moves, and oh hell yeah Johnny Young Bosch!

If people would have kept their mouths shut, I bet we would have a DMC game that has online co op. Either be Nero or be Dante. Whichever one you wanna do. Once you two beat the game on normal you unlock Trish and Lucia. Beat the game on DMD (Devils Must Die) and you unlock Vergil and Sparda. I seriously would have loved LOVED to play with my brother, friend, or girlfriend through a game like that.

All I can hear my brother saying is "I lost the combo!!! Get him! Get him before he falls!" Then, you know me, I like Nero so I'm going to use Snatch, uppercut, combo into Buster for additional combo time and when the guy comes down my brother uses Stinger at the perfect time to finish him off. Overkill, I know, but that's how we roll. You should've seen us in Shaolin Monks.

Now my Gf playing...uhh I dunno. I think she'll just sit back and shoot while I handle the dirty business. No, I'm certain of it. But I'll get that ***** a cannon. ******* love cannons. Please don't tell her I said that.
sorry i misswrote :(. "the new vergil" instead of "new nero" i mean vergil in the new dmc 5 xD. sorry guys :/... Furthermore i cant say new nero is weak cuz I've finished dmc4 so much that i cant remember the count. i m keen on nero..... :) my complaint is about the new INNOCENT /baby-face xD/ VERGIL. he looks amenable, no? ahh cmon man... vergil cant smile he must be serious, ruthlesss. NO MERCY N SLICE' EM ALL!! yeah this is Vergil

DevilsAdvocate1234

I hear that.

Even though I do like the reboot, I still hate Capcom for more then one reason. They've been doing a lot of that for awhile. From canceling the latest Megaman, to letting Resident Evil become something different from the games, to the DMC reboot. Don't get me wrong though, I actually liked the Original series, but what I didn't like was how much it changed. DMC1 was what I'd call a masterpiece, then Capcom decided to be dicks and do their own DMC; DMC2. It failed so then do DMC3 which was a success. then DMC4 comes and this was what made me mad; Dante didn't change all that much from DMC3, Nero was, like you said, a good character, but was presented not so well, and back tracking. DMC has always suffered that curse of bad story writing but has gained the gift of good gameplay. I just wish Capcom didn't dig themselves in such a deep hole and be able to at least try to fix the story itself. However Dante's story would have been done by at least DMC3.

Past: DMC3
Present: DMC1
Future: DMC2

So yeah, Capcom is dead to me, but that doesn't mean I won't get DmC.^_^

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, (especially with Dante's man-boy attitude in 4, that should have been his cocky but serious personality in 1), but I'll never get into DmC. It's just too derivative, and the original series had so much richness to delve into, I don't doubt for a second that somebody at Capcom decided to save a buck by dumping everything to reintroduce a more marketable profitable vehicle rather than sitting down and writing a good script. Dante's story may have had some conclusion by 1, but it had so much opportunity to continue that just don't buy that "the story's dried up" excuse. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, they operate on statistics and profit margins, not passion. Actually, the idea that they would take the time to write a great continuing script for a new Devil May Cry because they love the series sounds more ridiculous by the minute.

DragonMaster2010

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, (especially with Dante's man-boy attitude in 4, that should have been his cocky but serious personality in 1), but I'll never get into DmC. It's just too derivative, and the original series had so much richness to delve into, I don't doubt for a second that somebody at Capcom decided to save a buck by dumping everything to reintroduce a more marketable profitable vehicle rather than sitting down and writing a good script. Dante's story may have had some conclusion by 1, but it had so much opportunity to continue that just don't buy that "the story's dried up" excuse. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, they operate on statistics and profit margins, not passion. Actually, the idea that they would take the time to write a great continuing script for a new Devil May Cry because they love the series sounds more ridiculous by the minute.

Trust me, I fear that too. Capcom just lost their passion, and I feel if they really sat down and thought about it, they could re imagine the story and improve it from where it was. I mean if you look at most of those fanfics on Fanfiction of DMC5, they're actually pretty good ideas, so I don't see why Capcom can't think of anything.

Agility

"Known"
sorry i misswrote :(. "the new vergil" instead of "new nero" i mean vergil in the new dmc 5 xD. sorry guys :/... Furthermore i cant say new nero is weak cuz I've finished dmc4 so much that i cant remember the count. i m keen on nero..... :) my complaint is about the new INNOCENT /baby-face xD/ VERGIL. he looks amenable, no? ahh cmon man... vergil cant smile he must be serious, ruthlesss. NO MERCY N SLICE' EM ALL!! yeah this is Vergil

Yes! That's the good thing about this DmC. How would you change such a generous man into a cold hearted killer? The guy is trying to save all of mankind, if anything Vergil is MORE of a hero than Dante is.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well respectfully, Hideki Kamiya was the one who created Dante and Devil May Cry. Not CAPCOM. I do agree though, CAPCOM is as responsible as Ninja Theory for giving the project to them. I'm mad at CAPCOM, but I'm more angry at NT for creating the actual changes as apposed to CAPCOM who left them off the chain. But as far as you thinking that Ninja Theory hasn't been dissing old fans and the old series ...

---“But, you know, what was cool 12 years ago – I think that was when the first game came out [It actually came out nine years ago for PS2 - JC] – isn’t cool any more.

Tameem and his development team at NT obviously have no respect for the old series, or the people who like it. He didn't even know when the first game came out. And even after that, unprovoked, he started bashing Hideki Kamiya's latest game "Bayonetta," for no reason other than to arrogantly profess himself as greater than the genius who actually created the Devil May Cry series:

I'm sorry I didn't want to start an argument, but when you say something like:

"CAPCOM wants the change and if NT said something not nice capcom would have said something....i mean they are the one who made DMC in the first place :)"

it just doesn't seem like you understand what I'm saying or why I'm angry. As far as my thoughts on the way the new Vergil looks compared to the old version, I think you have my answer.
A few things.

Most importantly is that NT didn't make Dante like that because they wanted to, they did it because they Capcom told them to and on more than one occation they mentioned that they wanted the make Dante much more reminecent than what we've come to know but Capcom said that they wanted something 'shockingly different.'

NT isn't 'blameless,' ofcource, but Capcom is more responcible than your giving credit for.

Back when DMC4 was first announced they revealed that Nero would be the new character that would be played, not Dante. Infact, they specificly said Dante wouldn't be pleyable and it wasn't till a few monts latter that they announced him as playable. During the time between there were alot of questions been asked; 'Why?' 'where's Dante?' 'Da' F*%k is wrong with you?' and so on. Producer Kobayashi responded by saying that 'A new DMC for a new generation of councils deserves a new protagonist, please give him a chance.' He also mentioned that this new protagonist was geared twards bringing in a new and younger audience, that they wanted to try out a new story for a new audience. He also said that tehy eliminated anything that might be scary of have a horror feel to it so as to attract a broader female audience. I think he actually said that they wanted to create a DMC that would sell more, if I'm not mistaken.

Bottom line is that this DMC was created with the idea that they needed to make money. That is I truelly hate about Capcom, their blaten money driven agenda. There is nothing wrong with wanting to make a profit when you're on an industrie that spends millions on a single project but rather than wanting to make good games you just want to make games that make money is where I take issue. They literaly have a strategy where they make alot of crap games to make more money, a quantity over quality mentality that just grind my gears.

The only one who seems to agree with me at this point is Hideki Kamiya.
Well, your not alone. I still am very passionate about DMC as well.

There are a lot of flaws to the current state of the original franchise, namely the lack of continuety and the writing, but I find that those things are hardly unfixable and that infact with some improvements there'd be no issue.

I've had a hard time understandding why they needed to change Dante and the series considering that he is hardly the most extravagant looking character and, infact, happens to be one of the most iconic ones, specially since it seems that they only changed his look and nothing else. They why change him at all?

KtWtWiS43

A few things.

Most importantly is that NT didn't make Dante like that because they wanted to, they did it because they Capcom told them to and on more than one occation they mentioned that they wanted the make Dante much more reminecent than what we've come to know but Capcom said that they wanted something 'shockingly different.'

NT isn't 'blameless,' ofcource, but Capcom is more responcible than your giving credit for.

Back when DMC4 was first announced they revealed that Nero would be the new character that would be played, not Dante. Infact, they specificly said Dante wouldn't be pleyable and it wasn't till a few monts latter that they announced him as playable. During the time between there were alot of questions been asked; 'Why?' 'where's Dante?' 'Da' F*%k is wrong with you?' and so on. Producer Kobayashi responded by saying that 'A new DMC for a new generation of councils deserves a new protagonist, please give him a chance.' He also mentioned that this new protagonist was geared twards bringing in a new and younger audience, that they wanted to try out a new story for a new audience. He also said that tehy eliminated anything that might be scary of have a horror feel to it so as to attract a broader female audience. I think he actually said that they wanted to create a DMC that would sell more, if I'm not mistaken.

Bottom line is that this DMC was created with the idea that they needed to make money. That is I truelly hate about Capcom, their blaten money driven agenda. There is nothing wrong with wanting to make a profit when you're on an industrie that spends millions on a single project but rather than wanting to make good games you just want to make games that make money is where I take issue. They literaly have a strategy where they make alot of crap games to make more money, a quantity over quality mentality that just grind my gears.

Well, your not alone. I still am very passionate about DMC as well.

There are a lot of flaws to the current state of the original franchise, namely the lack of continuety and the writing, but I find that those things are hardly unfixable and that infact with some improvements there'd be no issue.

I've had a hard time understandding why they needed to change Dante and the series considering that he is hardly the most extravagant looking character and, infact, happens to be one of the most iconic ones, specially since it seems that they only changed his look and nothing else. They why change him at all?

I'm with you man. No i agree, Capcom is directly responsible. If I haven't made that clear in earlier posts, than I'll just say now, Capcom is to blame for enacting the reboot. It's easier for me to hate on Ninja Theory when they behave as disrespectful to the old series and fans and they have with handling the new series. Also with them making all the announcements, it's hard to forget who's backing them in the first place. At any rate, the main problem we all agree on is why there was the need to reboot in the first place.

Literally today, I looked it up and the Devil May Cry series actually won a Guniness World Record (Videogame Edition) for best selling Hack and Slash game in 2010. Not only that, but specifically aimed at Devil May Cry 4, it sold a total of 2.4 million units as of 2010. The original Devil may Cry had 2 million units sold after it's release. These numbers have no doubt grow even more so since then, but up until recently, the series has continued to be supported by fans and sell very, very well, accruing high game scores from all major publications.

Monetarily, it makes no sense that the DmC reboot was enacted for money problems. If anything, maybe Itsuno's team was tired or out of ideas. The thought again makes no sense at all to me. Despite the team trying to gear DMC4 to a broader audience and making Nero the main character, the funny thing is that it actually worked. I loved Nero, and was so excited to see the next game where him and Dante would be able to meet again.

At any rate, if Itsuno was TRULY out of ideas, why not .. maybe .. go back to the man who actually CREATED the whole series? Kamiya's been in the dark for a franchise HE created that's made Capcom millions of millions of dollars, redfined the hacknslash genre, and become one of Capcom's flagship titles. Stupidity. Utter stupidity. If there's anything Capcom is underestimating, it's fan support. Instead of throwing all the fans under the bus in an attempt to reach a different audience, keep the same ones you have and expand from that.

KtWtWiS43

Trust me, I fear that too. Capcom just lost their passion, and I feel if they really sat down and thought about it, they could re imagine the story and improve it from where it was. I mean if you look at most of those fanfics on Fanfiction of DMC5, they're actually pretty good ideas, so I don't see why Capcom can't think of anything.

That's what I'm saying. The anime for example is SO important to me for the Devil May Cry universe. Besides tiny bits of DMC4 which had Trish and Lady in the same scenes, the anime showed Trish and Lady in the same universe, coexisting. Thus, the bridge between DMC1 and DMC3 was effectively made into one whole continuity. And the best part? It works! All of the characters play so well off one another. They all could exist effectively in the same universe and it's a pity Kamiya was never brought back, or hell, that writing a decent script wasn't an option for Capcom, apparently.

Was the series' overall story flawed? Yes. But it could've been fixed. Devil May Cry wasn't the sick dog that needed to be put down like Capcom and Ninja Theory and detractors keep making it out to be. I don't know what it's going to take now. Capcom is throwing everything into this reboot. They're even making the new Devil May Cry movie that was announced be based on the DmC reboot. If the reboot does well, this is the Devil May Cry that mainstream media will know. If it does terribly, the series will probably be left to die on it's own. Hopefully, DMC can pull a Prince of Persia and leapfrog over the ****ty reboot that they had and move on with the series. Even if the games that came after that werent nearly as good, Ubisoft wasn't stupid. They let the Prince of Persia reboot buried in the dust. Or sand, more appropriately. The same should happen to the DmC reboot, in my opinion. Either that, or rename it something else and change all the character's names. Because if there's one thing I know, it's not Devil May Cry

VoR-SaL

Yes! That's the good thing about this DmC. How would you change such a generous man into a cold hearted killer? The guy is trying to save all of mankind, if anything Vergil is MORE of a hero than Dante is.
hmm. so do you mean vergil in devil may cry 3(SE) used to have a good hearth?... goodwill..?:blink: or do you mean "Vergil should have been a generous and gracious man from the beginning; so, that new innocent image in DmC5 has fit to Vergil very good and better than he used to be in DmC3"? ?
If i misunderstood anything or made a grammar mistake, please make me notice.... English isn't my native language, I'm from Turkey ...

Top Bottom