• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A retelling...............

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Chapter-1 The darkness....

It was a dark gloomy day as lighting engulfed the sky. Although the mood was thought to be depressing it in no way effected vergils mood, but it began to play upon his thoughts. Bringing him back to the day his mother died,a memory all to clear. There he stood as the rain beat down upon him masking his tear's. His hands where covered in blood, blood the image would haunt him for the rest of his days.
The kindness that had once dwelled in his heart was gone as quick as the rain ended. Death.....power Vergil looked apon Yamato clad in shadow and darkness. Darkness, power his resolve as cold as the skin of the corpse that lay before him. Power, Vergil thought to him self with out it I couldnt protect her. Vergil rose his eyes to the dim light above, power without it can protect nothing let alone myself.

Liveing this belief Vergil had honed his skills never excepting limitations always becomeing more powerful. For what he asked to himself to sit in library.He grumply rose from the old dust covered chair and proceeded to replace a book, but was interupted by a voice.

"Are you looking for the book of ancient legend"?

"The on that tells of the demon warrior Sparda"
Vergil respond confidently.

"Thats not what im looking for now leave me"

He returned the book to it's shelf makeing an attempt to leave.

The mans face still shrouded in darkness by the dim light he responded.

"A demon who impregnated a human female who then bared twin sons"

Like a clap of lighting Vergil drew Yamato from its Saya and pointed it at the man in the darkness. Speaking in a reluctant voice.

"Leave me I wont tell you a third time"

This display of speed did little to impress the unknown man as he approched Vergil running his figure down the blade he said.

"Humans inherantly fear evil, but some can be sudduced by evil"

Time seemed to slow as the word escaped this mans mouth. Again bringing him to the day his mother died. Although he hated demons he soon lusted on there power. Becomeing sure the only way to acheive power was through evil. His inner thought was broken by the man telling him his name.

"I am Arkham"

Apon the new view a large pulsateing growth could be seen. An image the most would have found appauling intriged Vergil. He slowly and stlylishy deposited Yamato into its Saya.

"my name is Vergil"

"Vergil what is it you seek"?

"Power"

"The power of sparda"

"well you have come too the right place"

Arkham explained to Vergil many things about his reasons for studying the black arts but from pieces missing Vergil Knew he was hideing something from him.

"How did you know I was a son of sparda"?

Vergil interrupted in a demanding voice.

"My study of the Black arts has lead me to learn many things"

The way he responded to the questions made him very untrust worthy. It mattered little what threat could a human pose. Moments latter the mans attire caught Vergils eye. He had seen it before it was a priests uniform.He quickly redirected his attention to Arkham now standing behind him.

"This library have you ever been to chapel"?

"no"

"Frankly I dont know how you got back here it is a restricted area"

"............"

"come i have something to show you"

Arkham lead vergil to a large alter and behind it a crusified man. The statue tested his patience. Vergil responed sharply.

"Why do stand me before this false profit"!

"you have something against him"?

"................."

"destroy it"

The action fancied Vergil's taste. A loud sound echoed through the chapel.

"I told you to destroy it"

"I did"

The statue in a flash of light slide into pieces. Revealing a door. Follow me, arkham whispered as he proceeded forward. The door burst open with the dust and stench of 2000 years. Below waited stairs that seemed to go on forever. Along the way little conversation was made except vergil childishly asking are we there yet! The bottom chamber was surprisely well lit by blue torches that surrounded the walls. Another stair case ahead. Vergil shot more stairs! His remark completely ignored by Arkham said.

"You need the amulets"

"Dante has the"...............

"I know"

Vergil proceeded up the stairs. When he reached the landing he whispered under his breath
It begins..........

I want you to rate

Tell me what you think

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Okay, just make sure it all mkes grammatical sense, I spotted one or two occasions where it didn't.

Is that okay?:cool:

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Bringerofchaos;79324 said:
I did editing anything wrong? Also should i continoue?

i believe you should continue...the story is great,but there is one catch...Chapter 1 is same as the DMC 3 SE opening for Vergil.When you get to Play Vergil,the same cutscene is the same with your story...however,it is good.Rep+ to you,meow...:)

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Thanks much i will continoue i used that as a spring board to explain how he got where he was. Where as the game just poofed him there.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Chapter2-The Temen ni Gru

The corridors of the dreadfull palace presented a sickening smell, but his objectives before gave him little time to waste. After traverseing large piles of rubble he came to a door way covered in a supernatural light, he steped into the frame not fully commiting his wait until he knew the glowing floor was solid. The ride up was short and sweet giveing Vergil time to think upon his objectives when something caught his mind, He had no idea where he was going.
This thought triggered a flood of others but calm thinking helped him realize the small worn map Arkham had given him, He shoved his hands in his pocket drawing the paper absorbing the knowledge that he was all to close to his destination. The elevator stoped, comeing to the end of a large arena lined with torches and at it edges even larger poles with hooked ends. There in the center stood metallic armor with a flowing purple cape. At it's side a gigantic sword engulfed in purple flam.
Vergil approached the figure with the confidence he had know his whole life, but in a blink of the eye it disappeared in a cloud of purple flam. The knight reappeared behind him with a slash of crimson flam,Just as yamato met with the sword sending the knight back.

"Your efforts are fruitless and sloppy" said Vergil confidently and cocky.

This remark sent the knight into a deep growl.

"come on"!

"Just try to keep up"

The fight started slow contradicting vergil's hopes, they circled each other weapons at ready when the knight swung his sword at Vergil closeing the ditance between them instantly. The slash motioned as an upper cut scapeing against the metal floor, this action proved to only be an after image the Knight was really behind him, With seconds to spare Vergil slamed his fist into the ground appearing behind the now vulnarable knight satisfied with the thought his enemy was to slow to hold a candle to him. The slash erupted with a force that could split stone. The knights left arm and horn went sailing to the ground, vergil respond returning yamato to its saya.

"your to slow I told you" vergil respond returning yamato to its saya.

The smart remark did little to effect the knight, fumbleing back in sheer agony, but it was soon revealed that the knight was not falling back but prepareing a stance. He croutched low to the ground blade at his side he let out a series of grunts twiching the weapons handle three times. From his hands came hundreds of transparent blade moveing at sonic speeds that went crashing into Vergil. The room now feeled with dust and no remains of Vergil,the knight was satisfied resting his sword on the ground.
Until a voice comeing from his side echoed.

"Sweet dreams"

The knights helmet slide from it shoulders as Vergil returned Yamato to it saya, Vergil paused to look around, the realizaton of the situation came to him like a burst of wind. There was no way out the elevator had been blocked by rubble. Confused by this Vergil drew the old map from his pocket and saw that he was in the right place. He turned his vision to the gleam of light now comeing from the corpse of the knight, a black cloud floating above it's body. To Vergil's surprise it flew right at him landing on his chest then sinking into it, just as a pillar rose from the ground upon it written.

"He who wishes to pass must offer the crest of Nelo angelo".

The name lingered in his head as if he already knew it, Yamato began to glow with purple smoke, Vergil senseing his new power drew and returned yamato to it's saya at a incredible speed sending out countless slashes of pure darkness the attack flying right into the pillar, satisfied Vergil directed his gaze down to his hand the lifted his eyes whispering Judgement cut, then clenching his fist. The arena began to shake as rubble fell from the ceiling all seeming to miss Vergil.

Vergil was plunged into darkness as the room accended. The sun broken threw the darkness like a child being born from the womb. There the son of sparda stood over looking a destroyed city. He thought to himself.

"power, give me more power"

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Chapter3- The encounter

It is said that twins hold a special bond, a bond that goes far beyond the limitations of physical form. Vergil could hear the beat of his heart, the pulse in his veins, he could almost hear his words. Dante, Vergil thought furiously slideing yamato partly from it's saya gazeing into his reflection his eyes closed as arkham appeared behind him a book in hand.

"you will have to do beter than that to try to sneak up on me" Vergil responded coldly returning Yamato to his side as Arkham approched him.

"Isnt the view magnificent" Arkham shuddered in a twisted tone.

"Soon the world shall know of the power of the demons"!

"you know all to well thats not my purpose for being here" said Vergil resting his hands on Yamato.

"Im well aware of that" Arkham said annoyed slightly.

Vergil turned his head towards Arkham and said.

"does he have the amulet"?

"Yes, he has cept it in perfect condition".........

"That is good, soon my power shall be in my reach"Vergil annouced turning his head foward and closeing his eyes.

"Any way did you give him the invitation"?

"Yes I did he should finishing up now"Arkham whispered bowing.

Arkham exited his bow heading down the stairs behind vergil. Vergil ultimately concluded he must have left because of the gathering storm clouds in the sky, after all he is human to them rain is almost deadly, how pitifull. The strong storm winds blew Vergil hair as he desparately tried to pull it back, until finally it acted right. He hated the thought of looking like Dante but at the same time longed to be like him, he was always the favorite of my mother and father, Vergil thought looking at the lighting claping in the distance, he quickly closed his eyes feeling them begin to fill with a sensation that he hated. Why did I care for her so, she never loved me, and my father why, Vergil recalled the days when his father would tell him stories of his battle's, but would go silent when vergil would say passionatly I want to be just like you.

The past he loved to hate would never leave him until he gained enough power for something he cared about to never be lost again. Tears swelled in his eyes as the rain started to fall, Vergil looked towards the sky and thought to himself you never judge me and your always there when I need you. Vergil lowered his head as he felt a presence he could never forget approach behind him, he turned to face his own reflection, Dante.

"You showed up" Vergil said slightly amused.

"I wouldnt miss this party if it ment the world" Dante cracked slaping his left hand agaisnt his chest.

"Im flattered" Vergil joked

" Im sorry to be the one to tell bro this isnt much of a party no food, no drinks, and the only babe just left"!

" Im sorry brother I was so eager to see you I had little time for preparation for the bash"

" That doesnt matter now, so how about a kiss from your little brother, or better yet a kiss from this" Dante yelled throwing Ebony in Vergils face lighting cracking in the sky illuminateing Dante and Vergil.

" So this is what they call a heart warming family reunion"!

Vergil flicking Yamato from it's saya "you got that right"!

Vergil erupted forward with a volly of near invisable slashes from Yamato, Dante dodgeing them all while leting out exuasted gruts, landing on his feet.

"you've gotten better I remember when you would wet your bed then cry" throwing himself forward locking blades with Vergil.

"Well I remember when you thought you could fly and jumped from a three story window"!

"Very funny" Dante jumped back weapon at ready.

Dante sailing forward with a slash that seem to cut air itself, vergil jumping to Dante side avoiding the stinger as if it was nothing unleashing a slash at dantes back, but he had seen it comeing and blocked it just in time. As Vergil shot back with a powerful kick to the face landing perfectly, bone cracking upon contact as they both jumped out of harms way catching there breath.

"Why do you refuse to gain power, the power of are father sparda"!

"Father, I dont have father I just dont like you"!

Silence wraping itself around the arena. They fought furiously in near pitch black light only the pale moons glow and the heavens judgement lighting there faces.The silence broken by Dante and Vergil jumping at each other, putting there heart and soul into there weapons cutting as such speeds the rain stoped dead in it tracks when faced with the sheild of slashs. Landing into a lock pushing the rain out. Now forced into a deadlock the first to give way would surely pay for it. There dante and vergil stood stareing each other in the face teeth grinding in pain, vains pulseing with blood , their swords resonated with a other worldly heat and force. Vergil saw an oppurtunity and took it, thrusting his sword up useing the hand guard as a brace sending Dante's sword in to the air.

Countless thoughts flew into Vergil mind but one had the true solution, he had to show dante the price of weakness.......death. Locking eyes with him just before thrusting Yamato into Dante's chest.

"follishness Dante, foolishness might controls everthing and without power you can protect nothing, let alone yourself. Vergil uttered twisting then pulling Yamato from Dante face masked by his silver hair. As Dante was falling backwards to the ground Vergil reached for Dante's amulet, snatching it from his neck cutting Dante's hand as he made an attempt to reach for vergil. Vergil looked on the amulet in his hand and raised it to his forhead pulling his hair back, then turning and jumping into the darkness.

Rate 5/5

Tell what you think

Request something if you want

Give advice

Should i keep going?

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Chapter4-Life after death

After separateing himself a great distance from Dante, Vergil sat down to rest holding his chest in pain, Dante had landed a powerful blow to ribs. Trying to stand his legs imediately buckled under him, but fear soon griped vergil's heart realiseing he was falling over the side of the Temen ni gru. Something about the fall calmed vergil the wind whiping agaisnt his hair he soon drifted off it a deep sleep.

"Hurry Vergil or you will be left behind" echoed a voice as vergil rubed his eye's innocently.

The sun glared down on Vergil, it was a bright summer day when he has a approached by a boy 10 years of age or so.

"Come on Vergil, ill race you to the car"! screamed Dante

"Im tired, tell mom to carry me" Vergil moaned resting his head back on the bench.

"Well I guess you dont wont to go to the amusement park" Dante whispered sarcastically.

"Cool" Vergil shouted jumping from the bench like a spring was on his but.

Vergil ran towards the car full speed paying no attention to his breathless brother behind him, landing right in front of the car so fast it bewildered his father who had tryed to say something. Dante soon followed wineing that Vergil cheated.

"You two are little freaks" Sparda cracked rubbing his hair.

"Honey dont use such language around the kids" Shot Eva in a shocked voice.

"Just get in the car" moaned Sparda mean mugging Eva.

Eva turned with an annoyed expression on her face sitting in the passenger side, Sparda navigateing to the drivers side, and Dante and Vergil the back seat.

"Make sure the doors are locked and you all buckled up" Eva motioned to Vergil.The ride to the park was rough, because Dante and Vergil wouldnt stop playing in the back until they finally arrived at the destination. By now the sun had set and the sky was filled with stars makeing the parks light's glow very nicely. They walked though the large gates of the Amusement park.

"Ok kids we meet back here, I have to go pay the admission"

"Your going to let them off on their own" Eva said concerned.

"Dont worry honey there practically grown men let them have some fun" Sparda said reusureing Eva.

"There ten"!

"When I was 100 I was already fighting demons" Sparda shot back.

"Well what ever, just dont talk to strangers, ok"?

"Ok mom" Dante and Vergil both yelled at Eva.

Dante and Vergil laughed and ran through the crowds of people untill they came to a silmotanious stop at a stand. There on the stand rested two guns, one black, one white.

"Hay you, yeah you, you wanna play only a buck.

"Crap, Dante we dont have any money"

"Yeah, yeah we do" Dante shoved his had into his pocket pulling out a wad of money.

"Where did you get that" Vergil laughed.

"I jacked it from this guy when we bumped into him, sucker"

"Nice one dude"

"Hay, are you kids gonna play or talk"?

Dante and Vergil's marksmenship put the crowded in awe, they were hitting every target perfectly, twisting and turning there bodies to make it look even cooler until they finally went back to back and said at the same time JACKPOT!Eva and Sparda arriveing just in time to see everyone stareing at them.

"Come on Dante and Vergil its time to go" Eva moaned looking at Sparda as he held he held his stomach.

"Why mom we just got here"!

"Your father ate to much Cotton Candy and he has a stomach ake"

There fun time came to an abrupt end, but they were soon again entertained as sparda told them stories of his battles. Dante and Vergil looked extremely happy, untill Vergil shouted I wanna be just like you. A silence befell the room as Sparda's smile faded his look soon drifting off to the kitchen door as Eva brought out her hoom made pizza and sundays. Their meal was interupted as a sudden uneasyness came over everyone in the room, soon the house was wraped in flam an other worldly flame the seem to embody sadness and dispare. Crimson arms at ready the keepers of hell unleashed judgement from the weapons, a lump growing in Vergils throught as blood stained golden hair fell to the ground. The fire now had consumed the house, but it felt oddly cold in the site of this grizzly presentation. Soon the rain fell revealing his brother in the distance. A unspoken conversation was held between the two as Vergil saw Dante holding a skull shaped sword.

Nothing more could be said as Vergil reach for Yamato the errie moon light reflecting of it's saya. Vergil rose to his feet, foot steps echoeing behind him.

That day Vergil goal became clear
power..........

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
What does evryone think I decided to do another chapter because on the weekend I will be help lord of darkness on a fanfic.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Chapter5-Daddys little spell

A dim yet eerie light met Vergils vision as he struggled to open his eyes, there above him the light was nothing more then the moon shineing through an oddly shaped design in the ceiling. Vergil made an attempt to lift his head but was imediately cut down by a overpowering tear of pain that shot throughout his body. Vergils head slamed to the ground,his blood spewing from his mouth he had fallen from the very top of the Temen ni gru, a cold sweat now trickled down his face.

Vergil lifted his right arm getting himself up slightly but his attempts to stand was further thwarted as a indescribable pain riped up his rib cage.

"Are you ok"? a calm voice broke through Vergil's heavy breathing.

Vergil's blured vision soon redirected it self to the to the familar voice, it was Arkham.

"How was your trip" Arkham cracked with an expressionless stare.

"mrgghdghd"Vergil grunted lowly his voice barely audiable.

"Just sit still" Arkham whispered motioning his hand in a circular motion above Vergil gazeing into his small black book .

To a unexpressed awe Vergil's wounds and bones were healed. Although it didnt seem true Arkham was very powerful. Vergil rose with a quickness turning around to dust his coat off, he was definately imbarrassed.

"I would have been just fine you know" Vergil stated blankly at the floor.

Arkham completely oblivious to Vergils words now stood in front of a door way bowing his head telling Vergil to proceed. The temprature slowly got warmer and warmer as they decended lower and lower as if going into the bowls of Hell. The globes that lined the wall offered little to their purpose, the stairs were horrible lit a few times Vergil could even see Arkham fumble on the way down. The rest of the way was no less forgiveing as they turn a circular corridor.

The path went on like this to they came a a door which was opened by arkham for Vergil to stroll right past him. The next hall was filled wall to wall with statues holding swords crossed over there chest, stares eminated from the statues with such force it could shatter stone. Seeing a fight with such numbers was not neccesary he slowed down Arkham soon followed. The hall end at another door that was entered imediately, now in a slighty rounded room with a oversized door to there right Arkham approached the door his handed stretched outward towards.

The bars that crossed the door slide apart one by one until the door was completely open. The door slide then finally stoped with a thud.

"It has come to my attention we have a uninvited quest, go take care of it" Vergil stated sharply makeing his way it the heavy shadow of the door it closeing tightly behind him.

Top Bottom