• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A random question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothic Onimusha

Darkness Oni
When Arkham had both amulets & Force Edge he received Sparda's power. However; in the original when Dante had those 3 items he got Sparda (the sword). Whats with that?

Kakashi

aka Bindshooter1
first Arkham was a Human as you saw he didnt controll that power ... and i think the only one that can activate this power is a person with the some blood what would be in this case dante
but i dont know why Trish can use sparda

sparda666

The Devil Reborn
i guess to WEILD IT u dont need anythimg but i think that Dante
didn't get the Sparda form cause he had no rage or feelings in him
inlike Arkham who waz mentally insane for power.

ShadowNinja X7

I think Dante got the sword because he has spardas blood in him, and only he or Virgil can really obtain the true power of their father.

As to Trish wielding it, maybe she really is Dantes mother/wife of Sparda, and is yet to be reveled in DMC4?

sparda666

The Devil Reborn
NO..mundus created her..probably has all the memmories but just clone...hehe..stolen identity 3...

Gothic Onimusha

Darkness Oni
I just found this: The enchanted sword that Sparda used to defeat Mundus, and that Dante used to defeat Mundus a second time. It is the true form of the Force Edge, the claymore that was Dante's default sword in the first game (Devil May Cry). He obtained it by combining Force Edge with the Amulet that Nelo Angelo (who was actually Dante's twin Vergil) dropped when the Angelo was defeated for the final time. Vergil's amulet had been the second half of the Amulet that Dante carried. Together, they formed the Perfect Amulet which allows passage into the demon world and also combines with the Force Edge to unlock the Sparda blade. Sparda grants its wielder the powers of the Dark Knight himself. However, not everyone can wield the Sparda sword, and those with evil in their hearts, or those not possessing the blood of Sparda in their bodies, such as Arkham from Devil May Cry 3 may transform into something completely different after being overwhelmed by Sparda's power.

Alastor

The only thing that confuses me is that the sparda costume in dmc3 turns the rebellion into the force edge like it does the dmc1 costume, not into the sparda sword. But i suppose its just a costume, not the actuall character.

Vince

Well after telling my cat to feed the fish.... I tought about it.....
and the answer came to me like an apple falling on my head
Well dante doesn't have anything special while he is in the human world... but when you fight mundus he have superpower!!!! Arkham was in the demon world while fighing dante and virgil!!! So the place must have something to do with sparda's power!!

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Gothic Onimusha said:
I just found this: The enchanted sword that Sparda used to defeat Mundus, and that Dante used to defeat Mundus a second time. It is the true form of the Force Edge, the claymore that was Dante's default sword in the first game (Devil May Cry). He obtained it by combining Force Edge with the Amulet that Nelo Angelo (who was actually Dante's twin Vergil) dropped when the Angelo was defeated for the final time. Vergil's amulet had been the second half of the Amulet that Dante carried. Together, they formed the Perfect Amulet which allows passage into the demon world and also combines with the Force Edge to unlock the Sparda blade. Sparda grants its wielder the powers of the Dark Knight himself. However, not everyone can wield the Sparda sword, and those with evil in their hearts, or those not possessing the blood of Sparda in their bodies, such as Arkham from Devil May Cry 3 may transform into something completely different after being overwhelmed by Sparda's power.

yey..................i knew that for 2 years........................and Dante must go to the Underworld when he gave the Perfect Amulet and activate the Sword of Sparda

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Dante got Sparda's power too but it wasn't awakened until mission 22 in DMC1. I think that whoever performs that ritual with the amulets and Force Edge in the underworld summons Sparda's power to them but it only awakens to the strongest of emotions such as Dante's "care" for Trish and hate for Mundus or Arkham's lust for power.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Alastor;2808 said:
The only thing that confuses me is that the sparda costume in dmc3 turns the rebellion into the force edge like it does the dmc1 costume, not into the sparda sword. But i suppose its just a costume, not the actuall character.
Funny you should mention that. Just for the records there's a huge argument going on about who the legendary dark knight is some like you think he's sparda, others think that he's an older Dante. But, given that force edge turned to sparda after being endoued with the power of the amulets I'm going to have to take a wild stab in the dark here. I think that after Mundus was defeated Dante saw no reason to keep all of that power so he left the amulet in the demon world, where his brother fell, complying to supposedly his brother's dying wish (remember at the end of DMC3):O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom