• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A quick summery of the horrible DmC reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Meg you dont seem very mad when u wrote this, its very professional.
also "very" one sided which is fine for people who dont like the game and want to get excited about bad news.:confused: He didnt say anything about how much more visually stunning this game is which is a very appropriate change. The backgrounds have more life in them, and the colors are so beautiful too, but thats my opinion. The enemies bleed and leave blood stains all over the place now which has never been in dmc. And also, how do you rip off a combat system that you've created. I find the new controls to be a step up from previous games, as far as i know. Dmc4 was "ripped off" of dmc3 and it seemed like they just added everything that was in DMC3 into the palm of your hand. Its a great addition to high level players and so was DMC4 for the pc, but i'm an average player and it usually takes me 20 hours of gameplay for me to beat a hack and slash game. so all the convenient styles were, half the times, a handicap to me because of a missed button. Same for the weapons in dmc4, they just piled it all in there, and creating the worst weapon change. Even bayonetta stayed away from 3 weapons to change. It can be easy to learn but the possibility of selecting the wrong weapon was at its highest in dmc4. And the styles were good in dmc3 because it didnt require you to used the D-pad in combat. Which will leave you open if you ever change styles. I would only change styles in dmc4 while i was jumping or in the middle of a combo, i hate when games make you take your hands of your characters movements, especially a fast paced hack and slash like dmc.In DmC, the new stances dont just change what weapon Dante has, but it changes how he traverses through the game and other "style" abilities.
the whole half&half thing sounds pretty crazy to me. It seems pretty important in Dante's quest but maybe NT has a plan, who knows?.
the DT in DmC is crap.... i mean.... why? I think if you manage to kill everyone within the given time you'll get something special but thats all speculation. Because other than that.... whats the point.
As for the 30fps vs 60fps, i've watched side by side comparisons and barely noticed anything change, but there was a change none the less. As for DmC, to me the combat still looks fun. And DmC is a work in progress so, maybe it will get some more touch up before the release.
And the enemy "finishers"
From the TGS 2011 stage demo the very first enemy dante attacks, he kills him with in 4 hits. And while he fights the rest of them, its almost like the enemy's are wearing armor because it take the guy forever to kill the next two enemys and kills them without using a finisher. I'm thinkin the finisher must be optional. So if you feel like killin them without trying in style.... do a finisher.
And the aerial combat looks nothing like Heavenly Sword. In heavenly sword it would cut to a new scene where Nariko and the enemy were in the air all of a sudden and then you had to dial a combo in to finish it off or the both of you fall in a very awkward way. DmC seems pretty much the same as DMC4 but with Nero's ability to keep an enemy close to you, and have Dante's attacks with weapon switching, all seamless. And i never learned or wanted to ever learn "jump canceling" Personally, i dont know how to jump cancel in any game... i dont think i ever needed it since i've beat the game.. right? But as for DmC, i dont know if jump canceling will be in it. Dunno if bayonetta had jump cancel... but Dante in the DmC has a jump very similiar to Bayonetta's so.. maybe there will, maybe there wont. but i couldnt care less about that.

so there are some good things about this game
dude seriously summerise i like going through all the cmnts to get evryones views but MAN when someone writes this long uuuhhhhhhhhhhh :(. especially LoD he writes alot :p. anyway gettin off topic.
its just another one of those rants but has some good points

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
im still a little skeptic about it but every time i see new footage, it gets better. I've never had anything bad to say about the game, cept DTmode, and a lot of the footage that's been given to us is all basically the same thing. Capcom is playing it really safe, and from dramatically changing the main character to giving out no info on why he is that way, kinda ticks me off. But all in all, I'm a dmc fan, and I am anxiously awaiting more juicy info to dissect.

DeamonslayeR

im still a little skeptic about it but every time i see new footage, it gets better. I've never had anything bad to say about the game, cept DTmode, and a lot of the footage that's been given to us is all basically the same thing. Capcom is playing it really safe, and from dramatically changing the main character to giving out no info on why he is that way, kinda ticks me off. But all in all, I'm a dmc fan, and I am anxiously awaiting more juicy info to dissect.

yeah dude whats with the dt man it sucks A$$.and yeah capcom is playing it real safe they think a little to much info can lead to dissapointment little by little is best

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
at first i thought the dt was a mini game. and now i think its the easiest way to kill an enemy. but it looks stupid and why would everything stop and just float around?
i wish he would just have white hair and be a little over powered with a different move set from his human form.

DeamonslayeR

dude its not even efective as seen in the trailers the guy hits the enemy 10 times and when the dt mode is over its still alive i was like what the f*** is that for?o_O

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
^^ your right! it does take just as long to kill a guy. Maybe the DT was put together to hush the people who were heart broken by Dante's new look and as a joke. Because the whole DT thing looks like a joke.
I hardly ever go into DT mode, unless im playing dmd, but in DmC i dont think i'll be DTing at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom