• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Possible Upgraded Movelist for Dante

Railazel

To be clear, this is more like one of those movelists you find in a Fighting game manual, not the list of Actions that are common in a DMC game. This is a way of streamlining the moves spread throughout the franchise using Fighting game- like mechanics. I'll use Rebellion moves.

Here's a symbol key:
- = tap joystick
-- = double tap joystick
--- = triple tap joystick
-> = hold joystick
--> = tap then hold joystick
---> = double tap then hold joystick

Rebellion Combo- DMC 3's standard 3- hit combo: Triangle, Triangle, Triangle
Rebellion Cross Slash- The cross slash of DMC 1's combo B: -Triangle
Rebellion Spin Slash- The spin slash of DMC 3's combo B: --Triangle
Helm Breaker- DMC 1's downward slash: ---Triangle (can be done on both ground or air)
High Time- The standard juggle: -(back)Triangle
Prop Shredder- DMC 3's Style juggle: --(back)Triangle (Prop), (rapid press)Triangle (Shredder)
Stinger- the standard distance attack: -->Triangle
Round Trip- DMC 1's charge attack: (hold) Triangle
Drive Combo- DMC 4's charge attack: Circle, Circle, Circle
Over Drive- DMC 3's charge attack: (hold) Circle

And just as extra:

Dash- DMC 3's Style dodge: -->(any direction)
Air Trick- DarkSlayer Style teleport: -->(any direction)X

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (only if you can explain why I'm wrong) but as far as i can tell.
1. The existing set up is a lot easier to use than your idea and more versatile.
2. Your idea doesn't seem to provide any advantage over the existing set up.
3. The move you call Drive Combo is "Overdrive". the basic move from DMC3 is just "Drive".

Railazel

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (only if you can explain why I'm wrong) but as far as i can tell.
1. The existing set up is a lot easier to use than your idea and more versatile.
2. Your idea doesn't seem to provide any advantage over the existing set up.
3. The move you call Drive Combo is "Overdrive". the basic move from DMC3 is just "Drive".

1. I was inspired by DmC's new setup for Stinger (though I intially didn't like the idea, I kind of got used to it afterwards) and all I'm doing is expanding on that aspect of that gameplay. My setup though isn't anymore easier because it requires more thumbwork but it is more versatile than the current setup because of the advantages it brings.

2. It gets rid of the pause mechanic and makes combos more customizable. The moves are isolated into individual maneuvers, so you can use them at the beginning, middle, or end of a combo.

3. I know that but DMC 3's drive has the extra effect of launching some enemies in the air. If I recall, DMC 4 doesn't have that effect. I just thought it would be cool if Overdrive was a combo and DMC 3's Drive be a revved up form of it. Not that that's the end all use of the Circle button, just something personal.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
1. I was inspired by DmC's new setup for Stinger (though I intially didn't like the idea, I kind of got used to it afterwards) and all I'm doing is expanding on that aspect of that gameplay. My setup though isn't anymore easier because it requires more thumbwork but it is more versatile than the current setup because of the advantages it brings.

2. It gets rid of the pause mechanic and makes combos more customizable. The moves are isolated into individual maneuvers, so you can use them at the beginning, middle, or end of a combo.

3. I know that but DMC 3's drive has the extra effect of launching some enemies in the air. If I recall, DMC 4 doesn't have that effect. I just thought it would be cool if Overdrive was a combo and DMC 3's Drive be a revved up form of it. Not that that's the end all use of the Circle button, just something personal.

1.The idea of being to change any part of the combo sounds really useful but your suggestion about how to do it seems like it would be really awkward and hard to get used to. ( double tapping is inconvenint, triple tapping is insane and you want both to be a core aspect of gameplay) the ability's to use basic moves should be absolutely effortless for anyone who wants to play. The challenge should come from knowing what to use and how to put moves together in the most stylish way possible.

2. Pause combos work really well so it would be a bad idea to get rid of them even if you add in somthing else.

4. Drive still works as a launcher in DMC4.

Railazel

1.The idea of being to change any part of the combo sounds really useful but your suggestion about how to do it seems like it would be really awkward and hard to get used to. ( double tapping is inconvenint, triple tapping is insane and you want both to be a core aspect of gameplay) the ability's to use basic moves should be absolutely effortless for anyone who wants to play. The challenge should come from knowing what to use and how to put moves together in the most stylish way possible.

2. Pause combos work really well so it would be a bad idea to get rid of them even if you add in somthing else.

4. Drive still works as a launcher in DMC4.

1. Double- tapping isn't really awkward since alot of games have used it as a part of their control scheme. Triple- tapping, however, I understand as being awkward and time- consuming. I, originally, wanted to use simultaneous input between the Joystick and Triangle button, like in the old games, but it became complicated when I add in aerial combat as a factor. Even moreso, it required the Lock- on button in order to differentiate between moves and to make sure that you're facing the opponent you want to hit; this, I'm trying to avoid. The only other way I can see this working out is with double- tapping the joystick and pressing triangle at the same time as the second tap but I thought that might be a little awkward for some people. You think it might work?

2. It's not a bad idea to get rid of it. Though leaving it could open up even more possibilities.

3. Ah, so scratch that then.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
1. Simultaneous imput should work in aerial combat without problems.
2. Double tapping works but it is not ideal and it can be awkward for some people.
3.If you want to use the command -back,triangle you would probably need a hard lock on anyway otherwise the game would be unable to tell if you are trying to use a launcher or just trying to use a normal attack against an enemy behind you.
4. Making a game like Devil May Cry without pause combos is possible but there is no reason to take them out and removing a useful feature without a reason is always a bad idea.

Top Bottom