• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Great Theory of Nero

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
I have been looking and searching after enjoying lots of DMC4 gameage, I went looking for answers to Nero's existence and I found this:
Nero Theory

In the top right hand corner of this article it gives use a theory of Nero and how there are a few pieces of evidence which are quite compelling.

It basically says in a nut shell that when Vergil became a "full" demon is humanity was given up and thrown away which gave birth to Nero. Then when Dante defeats Nelo Angelo, it trys to fuse with its former self but only manages to equip itself to his arm (Probably after all the fighting Nelo had done had made him extremely weak and was unable to reclaim the reincarnation of his former host).

Keaton

Premium
Nel0 Angel0;72847 said:
I have been looking and searching after enjoying lots of DMC4 gameage, I went looking for answers to Nero's existence and I found this:
Nero Theory

In the top right hand corner of this article it gives use a theory of Nero and how there are a few pieces of evidence which are quite compelling.

It basically says in a nut shell that when Vergil became a "full" demon is humanity was given up and thrown away which gave birth to Nero. Then when Dante defeats Nelo Angelo, it trys to fuse with its former self but only manages to equip itself to his arm (Probably after all the fighting Nelo had done had made him extremely weak and was unable to reclaim the reincarnation of his former host).

Nice idea, but there isnt that much ingame evidence to support it. Also, Virgil never became a full demon he was only a corrupted puppet to Mundus. +Rep though its a cool idea :D

Sparda™

This theory is too weak. Not enough supporting material. In fact, there is more evidence that Nero is Sparda.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
Dante Aseroth;73187 said:
This theory is too weak. Not enough supporting material. In fact, there is more evidence that Nero is Sparda.

your theory intrigues me... explain

Sparda™

pinky750;77044 said:
your theory intrigues me... explain

First, Nero was confirmed by Capcom to resemble both the sons of Sparda, Dante and Vergil.

Second, his outfit made of blueish and reddish colors, confirms both the colors of the sons of Sparda.

His Red Queen sword, resembles a metallic non-demonic version of the real Sparda sword.

He bears the blood of Sparda, etc. etc....

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Heres the truth the large sword caried by neloangelo is the demon form of of yamato just as sparda got humongous at the end of dmc1.Vergil at the end of dmc3 fought mundus to the end but was trick mundus said i can give you power vergil just at a lose agreed seeing death was apon him.Not knowing that he would lose his freedom when he was bound to the armor.Mundus after that controled him like a puppet.The reason why he took of his helmet(or tried)is to show dante that hes vergil and to say set me free.Vergil knowing apon his death the amuuletwould be set free and that dante could finish the job he started.Vergil disapeared until agnus created the hell gate where yamato was found.Vergil essnce or spirtual form was still floating around the sword when it was tooken.No longer haveing a host vergil paniced going into the nearest host,nero.This explaining his white hair dna controls all includeing hair color vergil dna fuse with nero simalar to spiderman.now look closely at nero arm it resmbles a armor cracked armor ans its in the shape of neloangelo pointy at the end.the cracks saying that vergil has broken free and in a way saying he now controls whats left of the armor.Alos in it interesting that vergil is right handed makeing it logical for him to possess his right arm.This is also the arm nelo angelo used to shoot fire balls.Now heres the bread and butter first in the begining of dmc4 neros devil bringer appears dead or colorless but as soon as dante crashes the party it comes to life showing it has some awareness and showing vergil personality remebering dante.Now the butter when nero was near death yamato came to him to save him.Now the question you all are asking why did vergil do this, simple if nero died hed be a ghost again.Also another question why did vergil chose to stay with nero? I believe that over the course of neros possesstion vergils views change on power.Now seeing when he was with nero he was unstopable.yamato allowed him to manifest completely as the rest of his demon powers was in it.Since were shareing the same body vergil shared neros thoughts so over the course of the game he proably changed his views on power.Yamato calling out vergil as a demon form because vegil is mostly a demon now the nelo angelo armor did that.Dont forget vergil is dead there by that being the reason he a appears as a ghost.If vergil was so powerful why did nero lose to dante.Because he was overdoseing on vergils power. In no way saying it was an easy fight dante did get out of breath.Finally why did dante let nero keep yamato?Simple dante saw it as vergil had found peace and that someone would keep vergil on a leash.....and that vergil would want his sword and so nero would lose any power.......Wanna know the name Devilmaycry!

In all ways this is mine!:lol:

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
I like it. But only one thing. Nero is a good person and Virgils not. But maybe that's what the way Dante and Virgil reunited. This time Virgils not under Mundus and not evil but inside Nero.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Yeah but with the arm thing it says in the book that Nero's shoulder was injured which gave birth to the DB as if just some random small time demon stabbed him and transformed his arm. But hearing the "power give me more power" would suggest that the arm is Vergil :wacko:

This isnt fair >_< throw us a bone Capcom its like an episode of lost.

Niruz

BringerOfChaos, excellent theory and it's pretty much what I've been thinking rep+. And I believe that in DMC5 we'll see a darker side of Nero as he starts succumbing to the voice inside his head echoing for more power, since Vergil is regaining more of his own powers after getting stronger from using Nero.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Maybe it does not have anything about Virgil. If you remember. His Holiness made Nero's arm. But that again could be that His Holiness discovered Virgils power and fused it with Nero. I don't know. DMC5, time will show.

Sparda™

You are all thinking that Vergil is inside Nero. Very bad idea! Not to be harsh on you guys, but don't get confused by the hovering ghost which appears and mimics the moves of Nero.

The Devil Arms in Devil May Cry have souls of their own, like they are living beings. The sword just releases its soul towards its possessor...

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I'm gonn'a throw this out to all you who take Nero's speak of "I heard a voice" literally and saying "It's Vergil!"

It's probably him being figurative. Often when one says "I heard a voice", they mean that they realized something, or felt something they could not decribe. We've seen that the Devil Bringer EATS Devil Arms(shown after the Nero stage boss battles). It's hungry for energy, and it gets that power build up by consuming Devil Arms. The one exception was Yamato, which appears to act as a medium and stabilizer for the DB. We saw its reaction to Rebellion when they touched; explosive reaction of energy. Oh, and the manuel does not say that the Devil Bringer appeared after Nero's 'bout with demons when protecting Kyrie. It merely says he was injured in the shoulder. Thus, demon wound was NOT the origin of the Devil Bringer. It's quite clear he's been hiding the DB for a long time.

And Aseroth brings up a good point that I have been trying to make known; the Devil bringer Aura mimics NERO'S movements, not controls him or acts on its own. The Aura is HIS tool. If it were Vergil, it would act on its own in the cinema cutscenes, and it does not.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Oh I presumed that the point to that little story was to give us an idea of where the DB came from not just some random pointless story. Was it supposed to explain the sling?

Niruz

Strifer where does it say that? As far as we know he just got attacked by a demon a few days before DMC4 and then when he fights Dante the arm "awakens" and transforms. :huh: Also Dante Redgrave doesn't he have a normal injured arm at the intro movie, and then when he fights Dante it activates and becomes a bit bigger aswell?

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
This is all because vergil chooses to work with nero.The voice nero heard was vergil realizeing completely he was an arm and saying that he wanted ore power basically saying i need yamato_Once the arm awakened it started to grow in power,Remember when i said they shared the same mind vergil new nero was about to die and yamato as stated has a soul bgan to reform it self in the presence of it's former master then vergil called it to him explaining why it flew into the devil bringer and not the other arm.The reason vergil mimics nero is since vergil is vurtual an after image of the devil bringer so it essentually this if i held your hand and you punched i would punch.So bottom line what im getting at is vergil is not incontroll as the dominate mind if he was he would be in controll of neros body.This all explains why neros db seem dead until dante appears if it was all yamato that wouldnt have occured.This could be a plot device for a the fifth game vergil/db because of certain dramatic events gains ful control of nero the arm spreading completely over his body.An alternate way of think about it is, as i said vergil and nero shared the same mind meaning vergil view may have changed on power seeing how nero fought for kyrie vergil always doesnt mimic nero sometimes vergil does things that nero is incapable of doing with a large sword potentialy berials devil triger db grab.When he does mimic him he proably just sees it as fit to....one last thing to think about look at the text and color that vergils ghost is a very light blue now look at the color of neros skin that is possessed by the devil bringer.There the same color now look at his arm see round part on the back side of his hand at the beginning it was there and it now appears as a crack.This is stupid but thinkabout it a chicken egg coverd in a shell when heat is put on it that heat being dante and combat and in vergils case cockyness.it begins so crack and something new comes forth.Is it possiable for this egg to one day hatch and a new mind be born?Also note the change of color in his are......color ofteh shows mood when it was red it quite posibly could have been vergil showing fustration btu when nero got yamato it remained blue as if content and lieing in wait.You decide...

Top Bottom