• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"6 Reasons Ninja Theory Will Revitalise Devil May Cry" - IGN

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Are we talking about when an area is closed off until you defeat X number of enemies? If so, I recall bits from DMC 4...er, check out below at about 1.05 in and you'll see a red web wall thing

Yes, that's Dantino is talking about. But these webs or auras blocks doors or paths. So they don't cover walls which is what Tameem is saying. And that's kinda weird.

In DMC 1 door was blocked, u killed enemies the hand blocking the door shatters.
In DMC 3 there was red aura i think.

But they always covered doors.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Yes, that's Dantino is talking about. But these webs or auras blocks doors or paths. So they don't cover walls which is what Tameem is saying. And that's kinda weird.

In DMC 1 door was blocked, u killed enemies the hand blocking the door shatters.
In DMC 3 there was red aura i think.

But they always covered doors.
what tameem is saying is that there are walls that block your path, (as shown above in dmc3 and dmc4) and now there is a reason for these walls to block your path.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Reason huh? What could that be?

From what's shown till now, it looks like the paths get blocked when Dante is dragged into Limbo and demons attempt to kill him. And when you kill all those demons, you are free to go ahead. I don't l
know about you but it's kinda similar to past games for me.

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
Reason huh? What could that be?

From what's shown till now, it looks like the paths get blocked when Dante is dragged into Limbo and demons attempt to kill him. And when you kill all those demons, you are free to go ahead. I don't l
know about you but it's kinda similar to past games for me.
It's not the same for the fact that those web thingy come outta nowhere & for no reason in particular,but in DmC limbo shifts,moves & breaks-up to block your path because it's a living entity,that wants to kill you. In past dmc it's just a road blocker with no reason for it cos in a human world(which dante supposedly lives in)why would his pathway be blocked by web thingy.
PS: has anyone ever wondered why doors are never used as Doors and you actually warp/dissappear through them instead of open them. It was weird & kinda lame to me IMO.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
I can't stand IGN, I never use them. And from what people say, they get 'bought out', so they're not exactly reliable. However, I did like the 'A more cinematic story' and 'Sometimes a big gamble pays off' parts.

Railazel

I still don't feel totally convinced that this is worth the buy. I don't care about DmC's story or gameplay, I'm more focused on Dante as a character since it was Dante himself that had attracted to DMC in the first place. I've seen alot of stories, DmC's probably won't stand out all that much, but if the characters are interesting and Dante still captures the same essence as the previous Dante, then I'll be satisfied. Otherwise, its just not worth it.

Meg

Kinda seems like grasping at straws that IGN uses reasons like "no more warp-doors" and "reason for web things" as reasons why NT is perfect for the job of making a DmC game...

ZeroLove

Kinda seems like grasping at straws that IGN uses reasons like "no more warp-doors" and "reason for web things" as reasons why NT is perfect for the job of making a DmC game...

They are just minor things. There are better examples than just those.

Meg

They are just minor things. There are better examples than just those.
Yeah no kidding. I was simply pointing out that not all of there examples were good ones. (Well, personally I don't think any of their reasons were good, but :p)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Interesting find. Although, it is hard for me to trust IGN anymore since lately some of their reviews are not credible enough for me to trust. I highly doubt all the things that the author mentioned in his IGN post is entirely implementable for a good Devil May Cry game. We just have to wait and see whether this game will be good or not when it is released.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Interesting find. Although, it is hard for me to trust IGN anymore since lately some of their reviews are not credible enough for me to trust. I highly doubt all the things that the author mentioned in his IGN post is entirely implementable for a good Devil May Cry game. We just have to wait and see whether this game will be good or not when it is released.
yeah I am unsure of who to go to for reviews
I really do not like it so far judging by how ridiculous it gets with tameem saying it is a rebirth after he already said it was a spinoff

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
This article seems 2 be really poorly worded n with little thought put into it. Sure it can be argued that these changes r for the better it can also be argued that DMC was fine the way it was. I still prefer Classic DMC.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
This article seems 2 be really poorly worded n with little thought put into it. Sure it can be argued that these changes r for the better it can also be argued that DMC was fine the way it was. I still prefer Classic DMC.
amen brother amen
but really it seems this was written while he was thinking of positives as he went along

Reanbell

Your very own star
A More Cinematic Story

Did they forget about DMC4? That was way more cinematic than the previous games. :/

emotive performances over the convoluted otaku-style plots of some of the previous games

seeing his brawler-style fighting gives us some insight into his character and how he learned to fight on the street.

NO ONE CARES

Why would Dante's journey be any different?

Wow they are missing the point...? It's not that we don't think Dante went through a lot of **** to develop into the character we know and love, but the fact that he looks like a piece of **** loser that's trying way too hard to be a badass. He just looks and acts like a douche bag. And again, if we wanted to see rebellious teen!Dante we would just toss in DMC3 ffs.

Something about a slick, modern, anime-esque character, walking around environments that look like The Vatican while fighting court-jester-style demons has always clashed for me.

pffff if that's the opinion then create a new game, don't destroy something everyone else loves to have YOUR way
alternatively
PLAY A DIFFERENT ****ING GAME

*sigh* that was hurtful to read :c
I mean jegus I can't believe anyone would call that article "good" or "well done"

Wild haired loser.
As much as I'm looking forward to seeing how this game turns out, this article was pretty cringe-worthy. Though, I fail to see how this serves as a prelude to the other DMC games if this is non-canon.

Boy, it is kind of amusing to see people get so riled up about something that shouldn't be taken seriously, ie: this article.

Top Bottom