• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

3,1,2,4??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

It's not speculation. You guys need to study more DMC in order to avoid posting nonsense...

Dante was 19 by the time of Devil May Cry 3. DMC4 is 10 years after DMC3. Simple math - how old is he in DMC4? 29! Bingo!

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Sparda™;189395 said:
the demonic agent in his DNA makes him look 30 years younger than average humans.

Has that been confirmed by Capcom as well? Most of us know about his age in 3 and 4 isn't this more about how he ages long term and his age in DMC2?

Sparda™

Devil May Cry 2 was said by Capcom to be set in the far future, probably the last part of the series. Dante could be 50 as well, who knows. But his appearance is like someone in his early 30s.

Sparda™

Trish67;189421 said:
What is the proof of that?

Then, how would your intelligent mind explain his young appearance in Devil May Cry 2, when It has been confirmed by Capcom that the game is set very far in the future.

He's a half-breed. He has demonic essence inside his blood, in his DNA. Sparda retained his youth even after God knows how many millenniums. Dante has the same slow-aging agent in his DNA, but of course half the power that Sparda had.

It's just logic, really.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Sparda™;189417 said:
It's not speculation. You guys need to study more DMC in order to avoid posting nonsense...

Dante was 19 by the time of Devil May Cry 3. DMC4 is 10 years after DMC3. Simple math - how old is he in DMC4? 29! Bingo!

DMC1: Dante lost his mother twenty years prior. If you're saying dante was 19 in dmc3 how in the hell is dmc4 set ten years after if the timeline is 3,1,4,2? :huh:

Sparda™

Vergil'sB*tch;189434 said:
DMC1: Dante lost his mother twenty years prior. If you're saying dante was 19 in dmc3 how in the hell is dmc4 set ten years after if the timeline is 3,1,4,2? :huh:

Welcome to the fact that half of what's said in DMC1 has been taken off as It contradicts the already established storyline put by DMC3's release.

Sparda™

You didn't get It.

The story in DMC1 is not totally canon. Devil May Cry 3 revealed facts which contradicts what DMC1 shows. Eva and Vergil didn't die 20 years ago. That wouldn't make sense.

Somewhere at the 9th birthday of the twins, they received their amulets from their mother Eva. Now, adding 20 years, Dante would be 29, which is exactly the age he has in DMC4. But that can't be true, since DMC4 happens several years after DMC1.

Vergil is shown to be alive in DMC3, so what was said in DMC1 about him and Eva being dead 20 years ago doesn't stand. Vergil is 19 years old in DMC3.

Sparda™

Vergil'sB*tch;189438 said:
Okay i get it now. But why would Capcom do that? It just doesn't make sense.

Devil May Cry 1, being the first game of the series, was released back in 2001. That time, Hideki Kamiya was the director.

Devil May Cry 3 is set chronologically before Devil May Cry 1, but, after the release of Devil May Cry 2, Capcom felt It needed to return back to its former glory, and so made up the story we all know.

Also, let me welcome you to the company which likes to screw up storylines, Capcom.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Sparda™;189439 said:
Also, let me welcome you to the company which likes to screw up storylines, Capcom.

TBH thats something i never knew. I never played a game by Capcom until i played DMC.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Capcom just plain suck when it comes to making sense of their storylines. God only knows what the hell is going on in RE these days.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
clairavance;189412 said:
I have a theory.

Maybe Capcom doesn't care how old Dante is. Why sweat the details? It's just a game, right? Maybe they're more focussed on just keeping him looking good. Because really, who would want to play an old guy with wrinkles and a hunched back?

um...i would...a hunchback of notre dame game would be ****ing amazing if u get to assassinate ppl

Sparda™;189417 said:

u have no proof of his age...there is none WHATSOEVER....it's all speculation

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
GamblingGambitCloud;189448 said:
um...i would...a hunchback of notre dame game would be ****ing amazing if u get to assassinate ppl

HAHAHAHAHAHA... LOL!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Sparda™

GamblingGambitCloud;189448 said:
u have no proof of his age...there is none WHATSOEVER....it's all speculation

Take some lessons of Devil May Cry's storyline, then come here and reply properly, please.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Everything about the series is pure speculation.
I doubt Capcom could work out Dante's age either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom