• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

TheDoctor

The Oncoming Storm
By that logic, man eating guitars exist because we invented the words for man, eating and guitar. Ridiculous.

The reason people are intrigued by those numbers is, to put it bluntly, they are gullible. Someone however many years ago (23?) went:

"I know. Let's pretend the number 23 means something mysterious."

Then he told as many people as he could. They either passed it on or they didn't. The people who were told about it did the same. It's nothing to do with numbers having meaning.

Having said that, I just ate 23 chips and my phone rang! But it was just my friend seeing what I was doing tomorrow. Spooky eh?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
;)

See... Evil Nero's on the ball :p

@TheDoctor: No, but a little ignorant :p

Why won't you face facts. People believe that some numbers have more meaning. And this can't just be brought on because someone said something.

Man eating guitars? Are you smoking something? Just curious by the way, because it must be some heavy **** :p

Tell me then as to why so many people believe in God, or why they believe that the number 7 may be lucky? If you think it's because people are gullible, then you just insulted the entire world pretty much.

EDIT: Okay, so we think differently, I accept that. I understand you think differently over the matter, and I wish to stop arguing about it. I have been immature, and I apologize. But I don't want to ruin this thread by pointless arguing. :)

Evil Nero

Doctor, i see where your coming from with common sense but these things have meaning due to people giving a damn. If humans wanted to eat guitars then it would become a thing.

This thread would have been fun WITHOUT you stern, stubborn comments contradicting people's belief in things.

Play along. let Stephen Hawkings do the job of working out the universe. lets indulge in our own minds for once and enjoy the fruits of theory and speculation.

=]

TheDoctor

The Oncoming Storm
What do you mean face facts? I understand that people believe numbers have some special meaning. And if it means insulting pretty much the entire world, I can live with that, knowing that the rest of us aren't gullible.

Where's the proof that 7 and 13 are lucky or unlucky? Where's the proof that there's a devil whose number is 666? Where's the proof that 23 is mysterious? And I don't mean anecdotal evidence, I mean solid, irrefutable, scientific evidence. That's all that matters.

As for why people believe in God, that is gullibility of the highest order. Those people believe that there's a sky wizard who made the universe but when asked for evidence, can't provide it.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
the answer to everything is 42! lol thats my answer for stephen hawkings lol, but as LoD said god is jsut like 23, 666(which is meant to be 636 now lol) and 7 lol, but doctor does have a point, it is just gullibility, i dont think that 23 has any powers or anything, but it is weird the way they point out so many 23's at the start of the film, but you should watch the first 5-10 mins just to see the opening credits where they point 23 out

EDIT: yes doctor you have the point again, its gullibility of the highest for god, no offence to anyone with that though

Evil Nero

TheDoctor;111262 said:
What do you mean face facts? I understand that people believe numbers have some special meaning. And if it means insulting pretty much the entire world, I can live with that, knowing that the rest of us aren't gullible.

Where's the proof that 7 and 13 are lucky or unlucky? Where's the proof that there's a devil whose number is 666? Where's the proof that 23 is mysterious? And I don't mean anecdotal evidence, I mean solid, irrefutable, scientific evidence. That's all that matters.

As for why people believe in God, that is gullibility of the highest order. Those people believe that there's a sky wizard who made the universe but when asked for evidence, can't provide it.

so a big universe exploded out of nothing in the middle of no where? provide evidence for that =]

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
can we try and get back on topic please? 23 charecters inc spaces without the ! in the bottom of your sig evil, lol
and you spell it beginner

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think your ignorance level has hit sky high.

There is obviously something that makes people believe in God. It's called a bible... And if the bible was actually written back then, then that my friend is evidence ;)

And besides. I am intrigued in the number 23, as are many people, So there's your proof on that.

And maybe people thought... Wow, lucky things seem to always happen on the 7th, or have some link with the number 7... Therefore they decided that 7 may have something to do with good luck.

Some guy didn't just go... Oh my, 7 is lucky out of the blue :p

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Evil Nero;111264 said:
so a big universe exploded out of nothing in the middle of no where? provide evidence for that =]

So a being in the sky created everything we know out of nothing? Evidence for that?

And no, it wasn't created from nothing, the creation of our universe from a scientific standpoint was a series of mass chemical reactions originiating from various lifeforms and bacteria.

Physics, chemistry, biology, there's your evidence, years and years of proven research into the workings of the universe, we've gotten to the stage where we can prove this sort of thing without a shadow of a doubt.

I've got to side with The Doctor here, it's all simple logic, while people do believe in these numbers holding meaning, it's all down to sheer superstition, basically every supernatural event can be explained logically through the use of science, it's illogical and irrational to think otherwise.

There's no meaning to the number 23, infact, half of it comes down to elementary chaos theory, we can't predict the outcome of these sorts of things directly, everything in life is decided by random chance, no higher power or other supposedly greater elements dictate these things for us, so the number 23 may crop up alot, but it's all down to random chance, it's not being singled out as something with higher meaning, put simply, it's just another number which somebody decided to string a conspiracy to for entertainment's sake.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
You do have a point, but they are starting to think that there has been big bangs and big crunches(opposites) and that this probably wasnt the first universe but then there might have been 23 of each lol

sorry i just wana stay on topic 21:02 21+2=23 lol

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Wow... This thread has made me realise that there's a lot of people that don't understand how to have a laugh :lol:

I mean come on... So science may be able to prove it wrong. But the thing is, it hasn't yet ;) So until then, I don't care what u say. Because until I'm proven wrong, I can still potentially be right ;)

Evil Nero

right , for god sake everyone.
Credo, Evidence has to be seen, thats why they call witnesses in a court, no one knows what the hell happened intill someone goes back to that specific time and watches the whole thing in process, rather then relying on "Scientific" evidence which for some reason makes everything true just because some people wrote down some theorys and happen to be the smartest people on Earth.

I couldn't give a crap if it means something but I know that it's because I believe in the number amazing me that gives it meaning.

I'm not going to continue posting in this thread as its annoyed me enough with people emmiting ignorence, including myself, to a number that means something to me to people who think its just a number.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Oh no, I understand how to have a laugh, but this is a matter I'm incredibly adamant upon.

Technically speaking you can't scientifically prove anything, you can only disprove something, and as such, science has brought more evidence to the table than superstition of religion ever has, sure, you may potentially be right, but unless this "God" actually appears infront of me and the rest of those that believe in logic and science, we've got infinitely larger amounts of evidence supporting science as opposed to superstition.

I'm not saying that you're wrong, not at all, I've never been one to hate people for their beliefs, but what irritates me is when people don't consider the other side.

And for the sake of staying on topic.

21:12 - 2x12 = 24-1 = 23. :lol:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I always considered your views, so do not say I didn't ;)

Why can't science and religion be linked?

@Evil Nero: You won't post, but you'll still read it, right?

23 has more meaning than the number 51, admit that :lol:

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Science and religion are two seperate entities, but religion isn't the purpose of this thread, therefore I won't go into it here.

Top Bottom