• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

2 New Metal Gear Solid Games

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
There will be 2 new Metal Gear Solid games that will be coming out in the future, which is shown in E3.

The first one is Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, which will features Big Boss as the main character.This game will be exclusive in PSP, and will be released in 2010.

Plot

The game will be set in 1974, ten years after the events of Snake Eater, four years after Portable Ops, and just two years after Les Enfants Terribles. The setting is Costa Rica and depicts the rise of Outer Heaven. An unknown military force has deployed weapons in the country, and has hired Big Boss' army, Militaires Sans Frontieres, to help them.

The second one is Metal Gear Solid: Rising,which will features Raiden as the main character.The game will be available in PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. No release date is confirmed.

It is noted that this may be not the same 'Raiden' that we known from MGS2 and MGS4, because of his different eyes color,since Raiden has blue eyes, while in this image,it is shown that he has brown eyes.

Images from previous countdown to E3 at Kojima Productions website.

Don't know what the masks are for...

To me,the two MGS games will be awesome when they are finished.:)

P.S - I haven't heard any news about any new Devil May Cry game... This is saddenning...:(

Sparda™

It is the same Raiden, but the eye color has changed. The reasons are unknown.

Personally, I am looking forward to MGS Rising, as It is also for PC, finally.

Keaton

Premium
I'm very excited about this announcement, I feel like I missed out on MGS4 - but, now that these are available to me I'll definatly be putting these down on my Wish list ^_^

Durante

Dead
Niiice im definently buying both games sad that i can't i play mgs4 since no ps3 at home :D,seems weird that Kojima made up his mind and decided to make further games since he said no more mgs lol

P.S mgs is starting to have one eyed main characters xD Big boss One eye,solid snake one eye (mgs4) Raiden one eyed xD

Tawsie

Give Me More...
Solid Snake in MGS4 didn't have one eye, he had two. He had the Solid Eye equipped which acted as his Soliton Radar, Night Vision and binoculars.

Sparda™

Tawsie;175881 said:
Solid Snake in MGS4 didn't have one eye, he had two. He had the Solid Eye equipped which acted as his Soliton Radar, Night Vision and binoculars.

Exactly.

Even Raiden has two eyes, no matter he is shown to have the other hidden.

Durante

Dead
Tawsie;175881 said:

I actually know that no need to take me for a dummy.. I mean't they hide each of their eye

Durante

Dead
i didin't said that they do it on PURPOSE i've only said that hey hide it wether it's because of the design or other reasons.. :sleep:

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Another game about Raiden?

I only played a little of snake eater then MGS2 and liked Raiden better.

SIgn me up!!!

The other one, not so much.

Sparda™

Durante;175892 said:
i didin't said that they do it on PURPOSE i've only said that hey hide it wether it's because of the design or other reasons.. :sleep:

Right...:rolleyes:

What you said in the original post was that they are one-eyed...Now you are saying something else...

The only one-eyed character is Big Boss. Period.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;175917 said:
I thought Solidus was one eyed too? Or he was faking it. Been a long time since I played MGS2.

He had a more accelerated aging process despite being made afterward his other 'brothers'.

I think he was faking It rather than having his eye injured, or maybe that eye became losing functionality.

Either way, Big Boss remains the only one to be one-eyed and remain so.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Sparda™;175902 said:
Right...:rolleyes:

What you said in the original post was that they are one-eyed...Now you are saying something else...

The only one-eyed character is Big Boss. Period.

I think he was joking, lighten up dude.:lol:

Durante

Dead
Sparda™ no need to take so hard on me after all your not the only one who played mgs,yes solidus did loose his eye it was showed in mgs2 scene aswell
But what i meant on the joke (which you did not understand) that they all looked like one-eyed

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Rising is going to kick ass!!! MGS, No longer a Tactical Espionage Action, but a Lightning Bolt Action game starring Raiden. Now Metal Gear has my full attention.

Sparda™

MochaCub;175946 said:
Rising is going to kick ass!!! MGS, No longer a Tactical Espionage Action, but a Lightning Bolt Action game starring Raiden. Now Metal Gear has my full attention.

It is still a stealth action game.

The tagline is made to match Raiden's name.

Top Bottom