• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Z axis/rotation

Trilithon

Hey all.

Just wanted to say.. only played through the first 3 missions, on the mouse/keyboard but I decided to plug my ooooold Mad Catz controller in and I have a slight problem.

When I move the right stick to move the camera, it doesn't quite do as told.

When I move the stick up, it pans right.
When I move the stick down, it pans left.
When I move the stick left, it looks up.
When I move the stick right, it looks down.

It is really frustrating and I have no idea on how to fix it. Maybe in some .ini file? I looked through a bunch but it was quite hard to figure out for me and i'm out of luck and need help.

Anyone? :)

Baha59

Same problem here, + the controller wont let me use start and select shiat, and also cannot redefine controls >.<

Trilithon

I'm so sorry but..
Bump!

The problem is still occuring and i've been scouring the .ini files but they are way too confusing.
Help greatly needed and appreciated!

Kicik

I have this problem too... I don't know how to configure .ini files. Pleaseeee, can somebody help us ?

Nessy

I'm using the madcatz currently (onza broke) and I don't have any problem, try reinstalling the drivers, otherwise GOOGLE.

JohnySAN

Hello, i looked at *.ini files and found how to fix this.

in DMC Devi May Cry\DevilGame\Config\DefaultInput.ini find these lines

Code:
Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightX",            Command="NT_STICK m_vRightStick_Raw DeadZone=0.2 Vertical=0 Min=0.1 Max=1.0")
Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightY",            Command="NT_STICK m_vRightStick_Raw DeadZone=0.2 Vertical=1 Min=0.1 Max=1.0")

and reverse vertical values on them. rewrite to:

Code:
Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightX",            Command="NT_STICK m_vRightStick_Raw DeadZone=0.2 Vertical=1 Min=0.1 Max=1.0")
Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightY",            Command="NT_STICK m_vRightStick_Raw DeadZone=0.2 Vertical=0 Min=0.1 Max=1.0")

Kicik

JohnySAN rlly thanks u are the best!! <3 it is working!

but i had to change this value in "My Documents\...\DevilGames\Config\DevilInput.ini" too. So if someone has this problem and after done what JohnySAN suggested, change same lines in up file...

I repeat JohnySAN u are best :) i love, u thanks man ;d

Trilithon

JohnySAN: Thank you so much. You're a lifesaver! Very appreciated and i'd stay here to appreciate you some more for the fix but I have a game to play with my now fully functioning controller! :D

Trilithon out.

heyvin

You are really a lifesaver man! I've been searching for this like a whole century but no hope. The game's getting more awesome now. Thanks a lot, dude!!!!!

Top Bottom