• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your video game year in review?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
So guys, what is your video game year in review? Maybe a list?
BEST GAMES OF THE YEAR
1. Journey
2. X-COM:Enemy Unknown
3: The Walking Dead

Worst games of the year are obviously those terrible military games but let's not even mention those.
Although I do have a special mention.
Biggest Let Down of the year:
Resident Evil 6

So what about you guys? To me it wasn't much of a year and 2013 really holds everything I'm interested in. DmC, Grand Theft Auto 5, Injustice:Gods Among Us, Ni No Kuri: Wrath of the White Witch, and Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I have only one game of this year in Interests and It was Dishonored, maybe Im becoming more addicted to stealth games after mine first playtrough on 2011 of that new Deus Ex. For games what are upcoming Im waiting for DmC for PC or I will get also PS3 version when it in Poland gets cheaper, for PC I have mine PC preordered XD, also Im waiting for PS3 version of Metal Gear Rising Revengeance well this game is for me an DmC but with cyberpunk themes instead an Urban Fantasy:).
For me also good news was that some MMO developer gets his hands onto making GITS SAC themed MMO, what makes me can't wait for that thing trailers. For year downfalls in gaming I have none for it :)

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
2012 was a fairly mediocre year if I'm honest, at least when you compare it to 2011 with Dark Souls, Deus Ex and The Witcher 2, though it wasn't without its good games.

I do however find it hard to declare a game as my absolute GOTY like Human Revolution was last year, so instead I'll just give a top 3.
In no particular order.

1: X-Com: Enemy Unknown.
2: Borderlands 2.
3: Planetside 2.

Can't really think of a "worst" game of the year either, but I suppose my biggest disappointment, so to speak, would have to be Guild Wars 2.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game, sunk a lot of time into it, it's just...Wasn't all I was hoping for by any stretch.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Pretty good year, with some nice surprises like The Walking Dead and Sleeping Dogs. There are few games that I am quite disappointed this year, but I still enjoy those games to a certain degree. No particular Game of the Year for me this year, since there are many good games that I have played this year.

Will be looking forward to lots of games next year, such as Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, DmC: Devil May Cry, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, The Last of Us, Dead Space 3, Tomb Raider, and many more.

Some of my 2012 games reviews:

Games that I thoroughly enjoyed this year

The Walking Dead - 9.0/10
Assassin's Creed III - 9.0/10
Darksiders II - 8.5/10
Sleeping Dogs - 9.0/10
Max Payne 3 - 9.3/10
Mass Effect 3 - 9.5/10

Games that I enjoyed despite some minor issues

Hitman: Absolution - 8.5/10
Prototype 2 - 8.3/10
Asura's Wrath - 8.3/10
Tales of Graces F - 8.5/10
Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland - 8.3/10
Darksiders II - 8.5/10

Games that I am thoroughly disappointed even though I enjoyed playing these games to a certain degree.

Devil May Cry HD Collection - 8.0/10
Lollipop Chainsaw - 7.5/10
The Amazing Spider-Man - 7.5/10
Resident Evil 6 - 8.0/10
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 9.0/10
Dragon's Dogma - 7.5/10

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
It was a pretty good year :)

Games I liked:

Devil May Cry HD Collection. Just classic DMC ported to current consoles. Good fun with great combos. Better than DmC :troll:
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Same as aforementioned DMC HD.
Dragon Ball Z Budokai: HD Collection. Wow, Budokai 1 and 3 are so much better than Ultimate Tenkaichi it's not even funny.
Halo 4. About as good as Halo 2, probably.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Haven't played the campaign, but the multiplayer works pretty well.
Borderlands 2, though it could've been a lot better. The Borderlands atmosphere and humor just isn't there.
Street Fighter X Tekken. It could've been much less annoying, though. Street Fighter has become too ridiculous, and the characters look and act like they're retarded.

Games I hated:

Soul Calibur V. Worst SC yet, I think.
Resident Evil 6. Too many quick time events, cheap deaths, awful writing and badly done emotional moments.
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations. You just don't create a game that plays exactly like the previous installments, with the same story, but a few more characters. Not for the full price, at least.

I haven't played all the games I wanted to play, of course. I don't know if Mass Effect 3 or AC III are any good. I've only played a demo of XCom, but it seemed interesting.

Frazz

General gamer
Enjoyed:
DMC HD
MGS HD
Disappointments:
The Darkness 2 (good but little replay value)
Resi 6

Top Bottom