• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your strongest memory in your gaming history?

Terrutas

So as the title suggests, what's your strongest gaming related memory?

Mine's from DooM, I was playing the freeware version at the time and I got to the final level. You know the one where you kill two barons and then you step into hell?

I remember the first time I got there, the music and atmosphere just overwhelmed me( I was around 5 years old or so.) and I was so scared to go on I shut the game off.
I never forgot that feeling, my uncle would sit right next to me and laugh every time I did so.

So please, share yours! :D

Playing Final Fantasy VII

Was my first game, taught me how to read, got me into games, got me into the jrpg genre, made me a Final Fantasy fan, used to always beg my uncle to show me his Final Fantasy VII figurines when he was living with us. ah, good times.

Will always be my favorite game due to how memorable it is from start to finish. No I don't have nostalgia goggles I admit the field 3-D models have aged pretty bad, but other than that it's a solid 10/10 game for me. Might put it on my PSP now just to play it again.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Getting Pokemon Leaf green for my Gameboy Advanced that was my first game ever xD I still remember calling my MC "Marry" ehehe I still do now

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Dying over a hundred times to post game Vanitas in KHBBS. I have never sucked so badly in a game before.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
You mean Vanias' sentiment? That guy was so hard. :<
I'm not sure what his name was but he looks a lot like Vanitas. I stopped playing the game because I could not beat him :( That was the only time I have ever truly rage quitted from a game.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The intro theme to the SNES Donkey kong 2 and playing Super Mario as a kid.

Playing Croc and Spyro with friends. And my first experience with Tomb Raider....I got scared of the dinosaur. In retrospect, it was not as big as my child self remembered it to be:p

Next strongest memory was playing Final Fantasy VII when I was 11. My reaction to my Dad buying me the game was basically WTF is this:lol: But I really got into it a week later and that was what got me hooked on Final Fantasy.

Terrutas

I'm not sure what his name was but he looks a lot like Vanitas. I stopped playing the game because I could not beat him :( That was the only time I have ever truly rage quitted from a game.
If you're interested, I can help you! :3

Just pm me, and I'll tell you how.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014

And if Terrutas is no help, then I can help ya out. :p

My strongest gaming memory... Playing Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits, and watching Darc, the Deimos protagonist, get his Drakyr wings ripped off. Not cleanly cut off, no, they were YANKED off. His screams of pain are still very clear to me, and that's what cemented, in my mind, that Darc deserved every bit of satisfaction his revenge would bring him. And I'd help him with that goal.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Thanks for the offer Terrutas and Darigion but sadly, my PSP has died on me. I was playing on the hardest difficulty on my first playthrough and KHBBS was my first ever KH game and I absolutely fell in love with it but not being able to beat Mr.Vanitas' Clone after numerous tries, even at level 99, was too much for me.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I have another strong gaming memory.

Those goddamn extra worlds in Super Mario Sunshine with those goddamn jumps. Made me rage so hard.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Too many to choose from D: I'll just go with my scariest memory from BloodRayne

I was about 8 (I think, can't be far off though) and had gotten to the part where the Daemites (The fleshy head slug things) were being hyped up with some right scary atmosphere, that was instilling fear alone. Then came the parts where you would first see them.
It's where you chase after a car that one of the Nazi targets are on, with that garage door being closed and them being killed. After that you go into the room they where just slaughtered in (now empty) and you have to find a way into the next room; at which point there is an explosion, shattering some glass windows, along with some sadistic and evil laughs and a voice saying something along the lines of "Why don't you come and play?". That was it, I turned my PS2 off and just sat there, eventually building up the courage to go back in and do it. Boy, that was an intense moment that could never be outdone by anything now.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
-I was playing Splinter Cell 3 Co-op with my brother and everything was going fine. Suddenly my brother runs off in to the next room while I'm hiding the bodies and sets off an alarm by accident. I start making my way towards the door to try and shut the alarm down when my brother, who I didn't know was on the other side, kicked it in freaking out making me fly like a rag doll across the room right in to 5 guards who ready to kill us both. It was just absolutely hilarious.

-Playing Mario Party 2 with my friends got really serious. It turned in to a game of monopoly. Everything started getting tense. After I purposely stole my friend's one star he attacked us and somehow Mario Party turned in to a paintball war.

-The Psycho Mantis boss fight from Metal Gear Solid for the first time.

-Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament at my house with about 20 people I actually won.

Those are just a few. I could just go one with the funny video game experiences I've had.

FrostFire

Nymph of Shadows
The devastation when my game boy advance sp screen mysteriously broke, and the happiness when I bought a new blue one

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Here are just a few of my strongest gaming memories:

Playing Super Mario Bro. on the NES. Back when I was just seven or eight, I'd play with my older cousin. Good times.

Playing Pokemon Yellow on the Gameboy Color. It was a birthday gift so I was freaking exstatic about getting a Gameboy and Pokemon Yellow. The hours I wasted just trying to catch, train and battle was alot.

DreamCast: Playing Power Stone 1&2 Skies of Arcadia and Evolution: The World of Sacred Device. Heh I remember waking up and playing those games all day long. Miss my DreamCast. TT_TT

AlchemistFromEden

i have many great gaming moments that allude my understanding of why those things seem to happen only to me, but one of my proudest moments was beating the final boss of ff13 on my first try in literally less than a minute

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
1. ACCIDENTALLY wiping my Pokemon Yellow game which had a LEVEL 100 PIKACHU...
2. Xbox 360 getting the Red Ring of Death while playing the Devil May Cry HD Collection and losing a Gamerscore of over 10,000

Top Bottom