• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your favourite Final Fantasy summon?

ZeroLove

I have been a fan of Final Fantasy since me and my friend played through Final Fantasy 7. I have never given myself time to play through any of the past FF games (1-6), but have played all FF games from FF7 and up within the original series plus some spin-offs.

One of my favourite things about Final Fantasy is the awesome summons there are in the series, like Ifrit, Shiva, Bahamut and Ramuh. My all time favourite is Shiva who is the beautiful, graceful ice queen who dances around and wreaks havoc on her foes with immense frost magic. I ahve problems with picking my favourite incarnation of her, but it would either be Final Fantasy X (10) or XI (11).

Shiva.jpg
Shiva_%28FFXI%29.png

I am heavily disappointed at her not being in FF12, though Mateus was kinda cool, he was nowhere near as awesome as Shiva is, and the Shiva Sisters in FF13 were laughable, but then again I was never a fan of the whole transformer theme the summons had in that game.

What is your favourite Final Fantasy summon and why?

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
I had to use the FF Summon wikia for references ^^ Shiva's best form is FFX just cos of her awesome hair style, she's cute in Revenant Wings too:
ff12rwespershiva.jpeg

Bahamut. I guess its just to be expected though. When I used to play a new FF game I would always be waiting until I got Bahamut. Big wicked looking dragon and usually one of the most powerful summons. I really didn't like its FFX version. This is its Crisis Core design:

tumblr_lfxh6k0Uiy1qcca84o1_400.jpg

Fenrir from FFXI!
1.He looks awesome.
2.I think Amerterasu nicked her design from him ^^
3.Big ass Norse wolf=Win.

FFIX_-Fenrir.jpg

I'm gonna stop since I really can't decide on one. :/

ZeroLove

I know right, there are so many! I've just always had a weak spot for Shiva. I guess I dig the whole cold b!tch thing. ;P

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
My favorite is Bahamut from FFX. The whole attitude he had (since he crossed arms etc.) said "I'm awesome, you know it, I know it, even Auron knows it" was all the moneyXD

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
My favorite is Bahamut from FFX. The whole attitude he had (since he crossed arms etc.) said "I'm awesome, you know it, I know it, even Auron knows it" was all the moneyXD

THIS, so hard.

FFX2_bahamut_artwork.png

You can't look at that and say he isn't awesome.

EDIT: It's even more amazing when you realize his Fayth is a child. That's one badass dragon-kid-spirit-thing!

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
I like a lot of summons from Final Fantasy series, so I just pick one of the coolest summons that I like in FF games, which is Odin from Final Fantasy VIII.

FFVIII_Odin_Summon.PNG

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
Ah fudge!
Hopefully this one'll work, it was working when I posted it :/

RW_Shiva.JPG

The arm folding thing that Bahamut from X did was awesome but it was a lil to pretty for me and I that gold wheel just annoyed me. I like me dragons to be powerful and gritty! Not as if it just had its wings preened.

Danteredgrave

"I make the angels scream and the devil cry"
Ifrit :) his overdrive his very eye-catching, and in the French version I don't know why but they translated "hellfire" with "divine comédie" (divine comedy)... It's just awesome xD

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
THIS, so hard.

EDIT: It's even more amazing when you realize his Fayth is a child. That's one badass dragon-kid-spirit-thing!

That was pretty awesome ^^ I remember thinking which Aeon will he be, when I found out if was Bahamut, I was :O Ya'll making me wanna play FFX now!

The Choco/Mog Summon! Just 'cos it was pretty random!

crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii-20080313075332457-000.jpg

That moggle is cute!

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
361px-Dark_Anima.png

Dark Anima, or Anima, but preferrably this guy...
There are cheats to get the aeons in your fighting party as well...

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
More FF XIII odin version awesomness XD:

Lightning-Odin_Valhalla.jpg

Odin_ffxiii.png

Lightning-Sleipnir_Valhalla.jpg

Only one summon what I liked in FF XIII and XIII-2 XD.

ZeroLove

More FF XIII odin version awesomness XD:

Lightning-Odin_Valhalla.jpg

Odin_ffxiii.png

Lightning-Sleipnir_Valhalla.jpg

Only one summon what I liked in FF XIII and XIII-2 XD.

I also liked Hecatoncheir, but that's because he was the only Eidolon that actually fit the whole Transformer theme as he was clearly inspired by Rikku's Machina Maw special dressphere in Final Fantasy X-2.

Hecatoncheir.png

Ffx2-machinamaw.jpg

Odin looked cool in his humanoid form, but then he transforms into a horse? Okay, so Odin rides a horse, so it makes sense, but his horse which name is Sleipner has 8 legs in the mythology and has always had 6 legs in the Odin summons of past FF games. So why a normal horse? It is such small things that annoys me.

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
I've always liked Diablos from FFVIII. He looked awesome and if you got him to level 100 he'd kill all enemies with 9,999 HP and below in one hit, except for bosses.

GFDiablos.png

Top Bottom