• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your favorite character

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
This is a thread to post who your favorite character is and why.

The character: Despite many of my post on this forum, my favorite character of all time would have to go to Deadpool.

The reason : Well, first and foremost, there really isn't anything TO dislike about Deadpool. he's funny, he's badass, and he is a god damn free lance mercenary, at first read of one of his comics, that is three HIGHLY REDEEMING features a character could have. but there is another thing that I found interesting about Deadpool. He is one of the few characters who doesn't let the fact that he is an antihero get in the way of his personality. Most anti-heroes just hate the world and hate its inhabitants, but Deadpool isn't like that. He fights his battles, he does mercenary work, and does comedic relief while still managing to look like a bad ass.

ZeroLove

The character: Zero from the Megaman series, mostly of the Megaman Zero franchise where he is the main protagonist.

The reason: He's a cool, calm and collected hero who is a hero for all the right reasons. Though he's a Reploid and comes off as emotionless and cold he has a heart and a soul. He protects the innocent and fights for a just cause. He isn't some mindless soldier or a careless egotripper, he does these things because he wants to.
To add to it, he looks cool and has a cool armoury of weapons to choose from, his Z-Sabre being the coolest of course, as it is his main weapon and he can do tons of stuff with it. One of Capcom's best productions ever.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
The Character: Solus
images

The Reason: Solus is the superhuman we all secretly want to be. He is immortal, He is Badass, and he kills without mercy. Only one person can destroy him, (physical objects cant hurt him.) That person is Derrick Cole.
Even Derrick has trouble fighting him.
images

Solus's main purpose is to carry out the work of Nexus:(an organism living inside the earth.)
Only Derricks T'lan power can destroy him.
images

Solus is badass.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I have 5 actually.I can't really choose my most favorite so i'm just gonna post all of them.

First and foremost is
Vergil:

Reason: He is calm,cool,collected,badass,a japanese sword wielder who uses battojutsu and silver haired character.Although,he is mostly cold,he can still show his feelings of how he love his mother and probably his brother,dante.
He also has some cool one liners and have some serious sense of humor.

Himura kenshin/Battousai:
Rurouni+Kenshin+Himura-Hitokiri+Battousai-upclose.jpg

Reason: He is the strongest manslayer during the chaotic days of japan who fought for his country and end the tyranny by the tokugawa shogunate but due to some unfortunate accidents and the growing conflict within him,he becomes a wanderer to atone for his sins.Even though he lost his motivation to kill,his motivation to live and to atone for his sins becomes his very reason.Although carrying a reverse-edge sword,he can still beat his opponents in a flash.

Nanaya Shiki/Satsujinki(Shiki the killer):
lunar_legend_tsukihime_v02_142.jpg

Reason: He is just your typical highschool boy who wants to live in peace.Although a big secret lies within him.He is the heir of the strongest demon hunters,the nanayas.His body is mostly average although with the help of mystic eyes of death perception,everybody calls himself the god of death.He can see the lines and the points of death in the world or any living thing, and by cutting or thrusting these points and lines,the latter will die immediately.

Saber(Alias) - King arturia pendragon(Blue) and King Nero claudius caesar augustus germanicus(Red)

Nero:
141219.jpg

Reasons: She is sexy,cute,strong,arrogant,loves to be popular and most of all lovable lol

Arturia:
132557.jpg

Reasons: She is actually the legendary king arthur.She is a strong warrior no doubt but deep within she's nothing but a little girl who wants to save his country.She reminded me a bit of kenshin because both have a ****ty ending which i don't want to tell lol

Archer(Heroic Spirit Emiya):
130141.jpg

Reasons: In order to save hundreds of people in front of him,he made a contract to the world to become a counter guardian to save them.He will also protect the earth every time there are some evildoers.He is cynical,sarcastic,badass and full of GAR and UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS nuff said.

Now please excuse me.....

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
As cliche as it is, my favorite character is Dante and here's why.

1. He is half-human, half-demon. That is SOO cool! He is not just a cliche anime human character who can do stuff no human can do with no reason. Dante has a reason he is not fully human. In real life I'd be SO happy to find out I'm a human/demon hybrid! The power, the background, it makes you a god among humans and that appeals to me a lot. (Ya I'm weird. What of it?)

2. Dante has long white hair. I've tried to grow out my hair but its too inchy! Long white hair makes you stand out and that is what I want, to stand out and have all focus on ME! (Yeah I like attention, what of it?)

3. Dante wields two guns at the same time. People fear those who hold guns so again the power thing. (I want power, what of it?)

So my favorite character is the Demon Hunter himself Dante! ^_^

Meg

How did I not see this sooner?

Character- Hold Caulfield from Catcher in the Rye

Reason- Because he's amazing! He's a brilliant kid that is suffering over the lose of his little brother. He sees the way society works and doesn't like it. He struggles with the idea of growing up because he doesn't want to become like the phonies he sees around him. He treasures innocence and wants to preserve it in children, especially his little sister, but secretly knows he can't. And this tears him up on the inside. I freaking love him. He's a great character I can see some of myself in. ^_^

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Lelouch.jpg_thumb.jpg

Lelouch Vi Britannia.

Reason: Well, the more I watched, the more similarities with myself I saw. They even made an episode in which he had a regular life, and his attitude there was copy/paste of mine. He realizes the world is full of lies. He adopts many personalities to create the necessary bonds with people in order to succeed in what he's doing, a different persona with friends, a different persona with co-workers and a different persona with his family. Something we all do, which I found awesome. When he had no reason for revenge, his life was empty, he had no real goals, and didn't really care about anything, except trying to have a little fun, here and there <= meaning of life. But when the fate of the world passed by him, he seized it, trying to make the world a better place, and not to be a tyrant or something like that. The fact that he appears as an arrogant, uncaring bastard to others (others=characters in the series, not viewers) rules as wellXD

Though like Sieghart, I have lots of characters as well (we even share Archer as a favorite, lol) but I tried to keep it simple.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Now this is quite something.

Yeah. I was discussing it with some friends, which were skeptic about me saying that, because obviously I'm not a genius tactician in a war (lol) - which isn't really the similarity I was talking about - , but when they saw this episode they reconsideredXD

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Yeah. I was discussing it with some friends, which were skeptic about me saying that, because obviously I'm not a genius tactician in a war (lol) - which isn't really the similarity I was talking about - , but when they saw this episode they reconsideredXD

Haven't have really watched code geass for the long time.Though it's one of my favorite anime of all times.What episode is it?

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
Q1HU8C8IaS0

Dante(DMC)
1.He's badass, awesome,stylish, good looking...you all know XD lol
2.His power seems to grow stronger and stronger even just a bit through out the series
3.Finally is caring, despite all that and he seems to genuinely care for humanity, some demons who are willing to change.He's fearless,the only thing he fear might be losing himself and his friends.Basically his sensitive side

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
The character: Spider-Man

The reason: Where should I start? Spidey, unlike a vast majority of the super-heroes, is just a regular dude. Sure, he does have some enhancements, but none of them is too over-the-top. The thing with Spider-Man is that, unlike most super-heroes, he actually deals with real life issues, both as Spidey and as Peter. Everybody wanted to be Spider-Man when they grow up, and that is because he's such a funny, smart and good person. He's also, as I've already mentioned, not over-the-top, thus giving us hope to become like him one day.

Over the years, Spider-Man has faced many enemies and real-life issues, e.g. Gwen Stacy's death. He's also dealt with a lot of other problems that we can relate to and that we deal with on a daily basis.

I think that's enough reasons for him to be my favorite character. Sure, he may not be as badass as Dante or Wolverine, or not as smart as Batman, or not as powerful as Super-Man, but he is still, in my opinion, better than all of them when it comes to character.

Top Bottom