• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

your fave romantic movie

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
so i'm doing tricky term again..

for me the term romantic isn't stiff, it has wide meaning and isn't always the happy lover overwhelming stuffs, a lonely dark cold scenery of a lake is romantic for me..

and i'm loving the word 'romance' and the word 'loveless', so for me the ideal form of romance is often the mix of two, ofc in an art-sy way, i wouldn't want to live that way..

1. Basil
Basil_DVD.jpg

2. Let me in
Let_Me_In_Poster.jpg

3.melancholia
Intro-poster_melancholia-poster-collection_1_top10films.jpg

4. The Road
MV5BMTAwNzk4NTU3NDReQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDg3OTEyODI@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

5. Deception
poster-39054-Deception_poster.jpg

6. The New World
The_New_World_poster.jpg

that's all i can think of right now, i remembered some animes but can't tell which

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Die Hard.

Boy did John McClane sure love to shoot him some bad guys up in the Nakatomi Plaza.

Him and his wife weren't exactly on the best of terms, but she certainly was grateful to have him there inside the building, kicking ass and all.

"What was it he said again? Oh yes, that was it...Yippee Ki-Yay, motherf_cker!".

berto

I Saw the Devil
so i'm doing tricky term again..

for me the term romantic isn't stiff, it has wide meaning and isn't always the happy lover overwhelming stuffs, a lonely dark cold scenery of a lake is romantic for me..

and i'm loving the word 'romance' and the word 'loveless', so for me the ideal form of romance is often the mix of two, ofc in an art-sy way, i wouldn't want to live that way..

1. Basil
Basil_DVD.jpg

2. Let me in
Let_Me_In_Poster.jpg

3.melancholia
Intro-poster_melancholia-poster-collection_1_top10films.jpg

4. The Road
MV5BMTAwNzk4NTU3NDReQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDg3OTEyODI@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

5. Deception
poster-39054-Deception_poster.jpg

6. The New World
The_New_World_poster.jpg

that's all i can think of right now, i remembered some animes but can't tell which
The New World and Melancholia. I must say, I'm impressed but don't know if I'd call them romantic. I understand your definition of the genre, or the word, but romance in the traditional sense is the idealized, not the liaison of two people in love. You don't really think The Romance of the Three Kingdoms is some kind of emperial love triangle, right? That use of the term was popularized by the French. Still, if a lonely dark cold scenery of a lake resonates with you as ideal or romanticized you wouldn't be wrong then.

Me, when I talk about Romance, though, I do mean liaison of love. I'm actually a romantic. I do not, however, like garbage, phony, hollywood romances that follow BS rules that only apply to it and have no real world basis. Pandering garbage like that angers me, it actually angers me.

So here are my romantic movie choices.

From China:
220764.jpg

spicy-love-soup.jpg

Spicy Love Soup:
This is a very rare title I saw ages ago on an independent channel. An anthology of stories involving different types of love stories such a young man about to meet his future in laws for the first time but ate something real bad the day before and constantly has to go to the bathroom, a man who is forced to take children's toys home to test them out so he and his wife make a game of it, loser has to clean the house, adding a new depth to their relationship that wouldn't exist otherwise, and a man and a woman who fall in love but she flees, maybe from cowardice, maybe she just didn't love him anymore; only she knows.

super

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Just a sheerly imaginative film about memories and a dysfunctional relationship.

5060034570011_l.jpg

Amores Perros:
A film set in Mexico city where the lives of several people from different walks of life, that only have the fact that they're dog owners in common, intersect when an accident changes all their lives.

6194839139.jpg

All About Women

This Chinese film tells the story of 3 very different women dealing with men. A successful and very intimidating businesswoman who's impressed by no man, a rocker/boxer/internet novelist with an imaginary boyfriend that she thinks is all too real, and a scientist that literally freezes at the touch of a man who just created a pheromone that literally causes immediate and overwhelming feelings of love. Not a great movie but a fun comedy that would never be made in hollywood.

Twilight_Samurai.JPG

The Twilight Samurai

A story about a simple man with simple desires living in a time and place that doesn't look kindly on that. A skilled swordsman who simply wants to watch his daughters grow and work his garden is constantly berated about been more ambitious, to seek a higher position that will earn him more capital. When he saves his best friend from a dual that almost killed him a high ranking official offers him the opportunity to advance in status, a status that might earn him a title high enough to marry the girl he loved all those years ago and just walked into his life.

Dr%C3%A1cula,+de+Bram+Stoker.jpg

Bram Stoker's Dracula

Francis Ford Coppola's gothic film about the Romanian knight who transcended death to for the woman he loved. I don't really have to go too much in to this one, I take it.

There are so many more but I think this is enough.

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
The New World and Melancholia. I must say, I'm impressed but don't know if I'd call them romantic. I understand your definition of the genre, or the word, but romance in the traditional sense is the idealized, not the liaison of two people in love. You don't really think The Romance of the Three Kingdoms is some kind of emperial love triangle, right? That use of the term was popularized by the French. Still, if a lonely dark cold scenery of a lake resonates with you as ideal or romanticized you wouldn't be wrong then.

i'm glad you understood my take on romantic based on the lake thingy, yeah, i actually adore the more supposedly ideal definition of romantic, but oddly enough, this is romantic based on merriam webster

Full Definition of romantic

1. 1 : consisting of or resembling a romance
  2. 2 : having no basis in fact : imaginary
  3. 3 : impractical in conception or plan : visionary
  4. 4 a : marked by the imaginative or emotional appeal of what is heroic, adventurous, remote, mysterious, or idealized b often capitalized : of, relating to, or having the characteristics of romanticism c : of or relating to music of the 19th century characterized by an emphasis on subjective emotional qualities and freedom of form; also : of or relating to a composer of this music
  5. 5 a : having an inclination for romance : responsive to the appeal of what is idealized, heroic, or adventurous b : marked by expressions of love or affection c : conducive to or suitable for lovemaking
  6. 6 : of, relating to, or constituting the part of the hero especially in a light comedy
ro·man·ti·cal·ly play \-ti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

See romantic defined for English-language learners

Examples of romantic

1. She had romantic feelings for him.
  2. He had a romantic relationship with a coworker.
  3. His brother was having romantic troubles at the time.
  4. She won't discuss her romantic life with the press.
  5. Why can't you be more romantic?
  6. He has some romantic notions about life on a farm.
  7. She had a lot of big romantic dreams of becoming an actress.
  8. Beethoven was the first great Romantic composer.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/romantic

so i think everyone will hit the spot with this term

Top Bottom