• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Your Extremists

Exejpgwmv

Every group, big or small, has it's own little minority of extremists that just takes things a little too far.
They're not always violent, but they're just extreme enough in their beliefs that it makes the average onlooker gets turned off from most of the group.

The extremists of the group I associate myself with the most are almost exclusively on the non-violent side; Atheism.

I've noticed this trend of atheists being overly aggressive towards religious people and themes, even towards concepts of domesticating religion through internal reformation. Often claiming religion "needs to be destroyed/abolished", often just insulting people instead actually proving them wrong, which makes the community look worse.

So, what about your extremists?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
in high school, I switched from being a hardcore anime fan to being a hardcore American comic fan to now being in the middle as both have their merits and drawbacks.

a good story is a good story no matter where its from, after all.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Pretty sure there are writer extremists who go as far as petitioning against SM and stuff like that. Horror extremists who call you a fake horror buff because you don't like/read Stephen King, or who end up stabbing their friend in a madeup creepypasta ritual to have slenderman's babies. Or something of that sort.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Political extremists from any side. Forums are a bit different, since the whole point is to discuss. As long as you're not relating every single discussion to the same subject matter I don't mind it.

IRL I just can't escape it. I used to apply a little bit of logic until they shut up, but these days I'm just tired of it. Each one only gets replaced by two more. Spending time with those people eventually feels like I'm walking on eggshells to avoid the thing they're itching to preach about.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Militants in the special needs parenting community - yes, I get it. Your kid is your world and you have to speak up for them and blah blah blah. But seriously, there is just no need to go stomping all over people just because you feel your kid is worth more than anyone else's.

Maybe I'm just too different - don't get me wrong, I'll advocate for Jake as and when he needs it but not like that. And he isn't my world, none of my kids are. My world was here before them, they do not define me nor give me reason to live. Sure, I love them and all that jazz, but I was here first and I am very selfish.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I guess for me it'd be the type of client who goes ape over something and decides they want me to kowtow for the things customs, plane delays or postal systems do. Which I have no control over, and they know it.

Another would be the sort of art critiquers who think you shouldn't be doing any style other than realism, or one that they personally like, or those that see X popular person on DeviantArt is making more money in one month than they do in a year and think - they can't possibly deserve that income and I need to comment and let them know they don't. The jealousy on there toward some artists simply because of their popularity is palpable. For an artist in general there's this idea that you don't deserve a living, and that you should be doing it for fun and not money. I get a lot of strange emails where people say they're totally interested in a piece of art I have for sale, but need to tell me in the next sentence how ridiculously expensive it is like I'm going to lower my head and say "you're right, this thing that took materials and time and work to make just isn't worth its value, I'll lower the price".

Like I wonder when they're buying a house do they say "I really want this house, but it's so damn expensive!" And the estate agent will totally lower the price on the house out of embarrassment. Yeeeeeeeah.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Every group, big or small, has it's own little minority of extremists that just takes things a little too far.
They're not always violent, but they're just extreme enough in their beliefs that it makes the average onlooker gets turned off from most of the group.

The extremists of the group I associate myself with the most are almost exclusively on the non-violent side; Atheism.

I've noticed this trend of atheists being overly aggressive towards religious people and themes, even towards concepts of domesticating religion through internal reformation. Often claiming religion "needs to be destroyed/abolished", often just insulting people instead actually proving them wrong, which makes the community look worse.

So, what about your extremists?
Dude, I'm right there with you, except that in my case it's Christians.

I know this one sanctimonious, arrogant, extremist who preaches tyranny but claims it's not because bull****. He goes around giving people misinformation and makes up his own really convoluted and inconsistent interpretation of the bible and accuses people who no longer go to his church of just been too dumb to realize how great his preaching is.

Then you have all these other jackasses who act like they've never picked up a bible. They are an embarrassment to the rest of us and whenever someone wants to show what's wrong with people of faith they bunch them with the rest of us. I have zero affiliation with those nuts and I would appreciate not been piled in in the same group as them.

La Femme Fatale

Her Royal Nonsense
I guess for me it's militants in the Opracracy movement. I can admit that Oprah might not be a deity or demigod but a lot of us can't. To me, she's more of an archangel or the only human I'd willingly pay taxes to and she can probably change the weather too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom