• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Yamato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
You beat the Hard mode thus unlocking Legendary Dark Knight mode with Sparda. Sparda has it from the beginning of the game.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
It is the exact same storyline with Dante so you take the same weapons with the same ways. Just that in the beggining Sparda has Force Edge, Yamato, Luce&Umbra instead for just Force Edge and Ebony&Ivory:)

hamshanks

Apprentice of Doom
sweet.

does sparda look like he does in DMC3? and do luce and ombra look different than ebony and ivory? ive never seen luce and ombra

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yup, Sparda looks exactly like he does in DMC3 (along with the demonic shadow etc:lol: )
Luce and Ombra look like a bit old-fashioned Ebony & Ivory with no real difference;)

hamshanks

Apprentice of Doom
k, thanks, i guess i'll have to beat hard mode then, lol

you know what i always thought was really unfair to dante? sparda used yamato and the sparda sword. he gave vergil and dante keepsakes, yamato and rebellion... hmm, why wouldnt one of them get sparda sword? it seems unfair to dante to just get another sword when his brother has a sword his father used. i know that it would be impossible, but why not give vergil just another sword aswell?

another thing, why wasnt yamato as powerful as sparda sword? they were both sparda's swords, you'd think they'd be equally powerful

just one more thing (i promise), if yamato was sparda's sword, why wasnt yamato sealed away in the demon world with sparda sword?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well, Sparda(sword) was so incredibly powerful that Sparda(person) used it as a mean to seal the demon world along with his powers and also by dividing the key(amulets) into two parts. In order to be sure that the sword won't be taken by just anyone he created the ritual part and made Sparda into Force Edge so that only someone with the same blood could actually find the true Sparda(sword).
Yamato must be the sword that Sparda was using in his human form.Also since Sparda is a knight/samurai he had it as his simple weapon, maybe because of its usefulness that it may change to something suitable for every demon that holds it(it transforms into Sparda in DT when holded by Sparda and into that huge sword when Possessed Vergil becomes Nelo Angelo in SE).
Rebellion was actually a sword more similar to Sparda(sword) since it had a special condition in order to awaken completely(Dante's blood). IMO that shows that Sparda's gifts to his family were quite equal. Eva got the two amulets...the key to the demon world. Vergil got a sword that the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda once used. And Dante got a sword that like Sparda(sword) needs some special condition in order to unlock its true power, which seemed to me that he really believed in Dante.
As for Sparda(sword) it was the sword that suited Sparda (person) when fighting in his devil form in full power. That shows that this isn't something to be given for a present so he left it in underworld. He may have thought that only the most capable should be granted its power.
Yamato wasn't such a powerful sword that needed to be sealed. It was just a sword that Sparda used^_^

hamshanks

Apprentice of Doom
ok, that makes a lot more sence now... one more question though... all demons seek power right? (with the exclusion of dante and sparda) so if the sparda sword was in the underworld, why didnt any demons take it? they wouldnt have been able to use its full potential, but they still would have been granted a lot of power. but it just stayed in the same spot for 2000 years...

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well, I am not sure that every demon wants power. For example, every archdemon we have seen until know only wanted to conquer/invade the human world. And their servants just did their biding without complain or swowing their desire so much. The ppl who wanted power are only Arius(who was a human), Arkham (almost the same with Arius) and Vergil who just wanted to feel the unimaginable power that allowed Sparda to banish so many demons before. (That's why the "Give me more power" thing that Nero says is connected so much with Vergil IMO).The sure thing is that demons want to wreak havoc and have their way with everything but I think that each demon has different goals/desires.
About the Sparda sword: Well we notice that the place where Arkham finds Force Edge consisted of a great deal of challenges. (a.k.a. the mission with the bosses, since practically most enemies in the Temme-ni gru where Sparda's guardians, although they were not very pleased with that, but we do come with a battle with them in that stage before the stage where Dante&Vergil send Arkham for a trip to the human world. That may mean that this place was incredibly difficult to be accessed. Also, you have noticed that in these stages we travel using a large version of Perfect Amulet, which we use as a gate to go from one place to another. I think this is due to the fact that this "demon" world is only a part in Sparda's amulet/memories so youd'have to have the Amulet in order to find and access the Force Edge. Well the last thing is just a theory but it's also very possible since the place is full of traps (like the stage in which you can only fight the enemies' image in the mirror). But in DMC1 the place is a regular demonville:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom