• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

y the hell was there never a seson 2 of the DMC anime

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Maybe the anime got low ratings so there wasnt a desire by madhouse to do another.

Or the reboot happened and they are mainly focused on that

.Doing an anime for that would be problematic as it might not be in NT's best interest as they are focusing on keeping story underwraps.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The real problem is that they didn't really care what the anime would be about. Their only concern was making DMC, more popular, so that when DMC4 would be out, more people would buy it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
DMC4 took place 15-20 years after 3 so that's too big a time skip.

I thought that the anime came out when 4 was in development or after four was announced, so they could have made another season that tied into the game or bridge the gap. But 4 isn't an in-depth story that you could tie the anime into.

Plus even if you try to bridge the gap between 4 and that's still 7-10 years. The only other thing you could have done was adapt the second light novel where Dante travels to an alternate universe where Mundus won.

Plus there is the fan theory that DMC2 takes place before 4 so you could have done that.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
The anime's sales weren't that big so they said "screw it." Of course if they put more work it it,and fans liked it, then there could have been a season 2. However, DMC is like those Marvel animes; one season and that's it. I'm just mad that there was only twelve episodes and not at least 25. CAPCOM expected people to watch the anime so that they could play DMC4, however DMC4 failed financially and that was that.

Dante47

I'd like not a second season, but maybe an anime bridging the gap between Devil May Cry 4 and Devil May Cry 2. That way, we can understand how much older Dante is in Devil May Cry 2, what happened to Trish, Lady and others, and maybe some interesting stories with Nero.
It might not have done well since there was some backlash and it had poor reception. I've noticed a lot of people on this forum don't like the Anime.

Top Bottom