• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WTF is... DmC: Devil May Cry?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Aaahhhh, TB. Ii miss the days of BluePlz! on WoWRadio...good old Cynical Brit, I'll have to watch this when I get a chance.

Nessy

My god do I hate TB, very painful on the throat.

No, but seriously, I hate TotalBiscuit, crap commentator, crappier gamer (as can be seen from this incredibly generic review). He commentates on games he has absolutely no idea about, what is the point of having someone casting a top level professional SC2 match at MLG when he doesn't even know the name of some of the units, or any basic openings? He just screams like an idiot.

Here's a video of a QL match be casted, 2GD gets sick of hearing TB screaming from the other side of the stage so decides to copy him.

I can see why a lot of people like him, but some of the stuff he says would make anyone hate him, like him turning up at MLG and then publicly complaining when he wasn't allowed to shoutcast (which he just expected to do), and then boycotting the event.

Don't suppose there are any quakers or sc players out there?

Roxas

He is just so bad at the game. I have nothing against TotalBiscuit, but he's just awful. lol
Anyway, he does bring up valid points, but nothing that I didn't already know. :lol:

Nessy

So, you hate a man you don't know for being bad at videogames?
Seems legit.

Firstly, many people hate people they don't know, have you ever met Hitler?

Secondly I stated many reasons why I dislike him, him being childish, him ruining tournaments, him acting like because he is well known that he should be treated differently (showing up at MLG and expecting to be a shoutcaster, who wouldn't hate someone with a personality like that?).

Nessy

I really hope you would see the big difference between a video game commentator and Hitler.

I hope you realise that you are clutching at straws.

Points is you were commenting on me hating someone that I didn't know, and I (let's be honest) demolished you with a logical argument that you didn't see coming.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I hope you realise that you are clutching at straws.

Points is you were commenting on me hating someone that I didn't know, and I (let's be honest) demolished you with a logical argument that you didn't see coming.
And now you're arguing with someone you don't know. Just keep it civil. ^_^
And your argument was not logical, it is your own opinion that this review guy is childish and whatever else you said in the post.
Secondly, you brought up Hitler. Hating Hitler is one thing, but hating a random guy on the net who has not perpetuated atrocities on a global scale is something completely different. That was illogical and clutching at straws.

You do know there is a law on the internet about mentioning Hitler and Nazis on a forum.

Read this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Nessy

I was going to make my comparison to him hating someone a little less renowned, but then I thought it was simpler and easier just to go with Hitler, everyone loves to hate Hitler.

Either way, even if I had never heard of TB before, I reserve the right to hate anyone that I want to hate, for any reason I deem, whether it be for him putting on a fake accent for reviews, for being a bad person, or for recycling, it really is my choice.

8BitHero

Scrub
My god do I hate TB, very painful on the throat.

No, but seriously, I hate TotalBiscuit, crap commentator, crappier gamer (as can be seen from this incredibly generic review). He commentates on games he has absolutely no idea about, what is the point of having someone casting a top level professional SC2 match at MLG when he doesn't even know the name of some of the units, or any basic openings? He just screams like an idiot.
TB purposefully plays as many games as he can to get a general understand of what the community is up to. I've heard him plenty of times on The Gamestation Podcast talk about fighting games. He even stated he is crap at them BUT, he checks to see what the community are up, what events are going on (Like EVO) etc. He may be crap at certain games but he does it to learn to the game and community. Plus, for games like X-Com, Tribes and Starcraft 2, he would body a lot of people. Also no, he NEVER commentates on games he doesn't know about. Recently he was at a Starcraft 2 event where he did a great job talking about the meta-game and strategies in games. You would never find him commentating on games like DMC because he doesn't know much about the series.

Here's a video of a QL match be casted, 2GD gets sick of hearing TB screaming from the other side of the stage so decides to copy him.

OK so, you managed to find a video of TB being loud to somehow prove your point
1) So what? He's commentating.
2) It wasn't serious. In the U.K we call that banter!
3) The top comment from YouTube is of his 2GDs friend

Pataaar

Lmfao it seems none of you actually know 2GD at all if you think he was serious.
I like TB, but James is a ****ing legend and always will be.
He was just screwing around.

But no, lets go further. Let's ignore the 3 facts and say that 2GD WAS IN FACT calling out and he WAS ruining the tournament. You've found ONE, ONE(!) video of TB stepping out of line. You found ONE video in which TB was a douche. SO effing what!? He has commentated on numerous events, made THOUSANDS of videos and not one other event has had this. So you're going to look at this measly 0.1% of career and talking about that as if it represents him as a whole. As you, you're willing to use the minority statistic to represent the majority of a person.

I can see why a lot of people like him, but some of the stuff he says would make anyone hate him, like him turning up at MLG and then publicly complaining when he wasn't allowed to shoutcast (which he just expected to do), and then boycotting the event.

Don't suppose there are any quakers or sc players out there?
You're basing what he says of such a small amount of his overall gaming career on trivial crap. When was this Boycott at MLG?

Nessy

It was in 2011 or in 2012, everything I said was true, and I have known 2GD from back when I was a Quake4 player and I met him at i29, I also have known who TB from back in WoTLK in WoW. I know a lot about both these players.

For a start TB has himself said that he shoutcasts games that he knows nothing about, he classes himself as a "play-by-play" commentator, meaning he just says what he sees happening, without understanding it, how can you argue that? If you know anything about that competitive scene you would know that THAT is his place.

Here are a few other things you can find out about him if you were just to google it, these are FACTS:

• He threatened to take legal action against machinima for entitling a video "WTF is Dark Spore", as if he has some sort of Monopoly, and of course the chances that Machinima having heard of TB is pretty low, so that's another action I find pathetic.
  • TB criticised Idra as a commentator saying that Idra did not know when to call "GG" early, and that Idra wouldn't be able to "fool the fans" into believing it was still competitive. He also claims that Idra "Doesn't have the training" to be a good commentator. Lets compare Idra in TB: Equal training, except Idra is one of the best western SC2 players in the world, and TB is a random guy that got into shout casting due to his youtube popularity.
  • Doesn't cast games he doesn't have a clue about? Well here he is casting quake. Anyone that has put more than 5 minutes into playing quake could have casted this better than him. Maybe a lot of you can't tell that this is awful, but any it makes any quake player cringe, but listening to it, it's pretty obvious that the extent of his knowledge is knowing the abbreviations for the weapons. He doesn't even commentate on item delaying or anything:

Also the video he is commentating on there has the best Quake Live player in the world ever playing, this isn't a joke match or anything.

I'd like to mention that I am not the only person who dislikes him, there are a lot of people that like him, and the reasons I have summed up here are just a few, as after learning his personality I try to stay away from his videos as much as possible.

Top Bottom