• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would it be a douche move if NT made a dlc costume of the old design

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
.............what?

Are you asking if they are being "douchelike" by releasing the DMC3 Dante skin?

Because if so, why did you use "would it be" at the beginning instead of "was it"?

Dante47

It isn't, nor "would" it be.
Devil May Cry has always done alternate costumes.
I would love to see a Devil May Cry 2 Dante sometime in the future.

Avenged Sorrow

Dark Slayer
.............what?

Are you asking if they are being "douchelike" by releasing the DMC3 Dante skin?

Because if so, why did you use "would it be" at the beginning instead of "was it"?
Im talking about the TGS 2010 trailer with "crackhead smoking" dante , i really liked the design

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Im talking about the TGS 2010 trailer with "crackhead smoking" dante , i really liked the design

oh, I thought by "old design" you meant the original design from the old games.

My bad lol.

And no I don't think it would be a douche move for them to do so, although I would never use it myself since I did not like it.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I don't know. For me, I wouldn't mind if they did.^_^ Might be a cool addition to the costume collection.

Kammosjuttu

I think I've said it very often already, but I do miss the 2010 Dante --- so, yeah, of course I'd like to see 2010 Dante costume for DmC, even if it won't change the personality and story setting to the level of the debut trailer. The debut trailer was dark, cool and thrilling in my opinion. But even if I miss the initial way DmC was, I like the way DmC is now also. (I've been playing the game non-stop since its release and am still at it).

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
I think it contradicts what they want the Reboot to be recognised as.........a separate universe & not the original.

NinjaTheory has already done one of the biggest douche move ever in the game.
Any costumes of the original Dante just looks like them desperately trying to get more fans of the original to play this.
Too bad for them it isn't working because it's just a costume & it's not the original Dante many actually like.
Psst, he meant the costume used in the 2010 trailer.
even though you have a point.

Dante47

Actually, allowing people to play as the older series Dante is more for the fans who like the reboot and the original franchise, giving them a little satisfying nod to the past. There is no hidden agenda, it's just costumes for your character.

That's like saying the Transformers toys are trying to get the Barbie fan base because some idiot put girls clothes on Optimus Prime.

OniChip

I think it contradicts what they want the Reboot to be recognised as.........a separate universe & not the original.​
NinjaTheory has already done one of the biggest douche move ever in the game.

Any costumes of the original Dante just looks like them desperately trying to get more fans of the original to play this.
Too bad for them it isn't working because it's just a costume & it's not the original Dante many actually like.​

How? The reason they added an old dante costume is the same reason capcom added dmc1 coat and coatless dante in dmc 3

AlchemistFromEden

Actually, allowing people to play as the older series Dante is more for the fans who like the reboot and the original franchise, giving them a little satisfying nod to the past. There is no hidden agenda, it's just costumes for your character.

That's like saying the Transformers toys are trying to get the Barbie fan base because some idiot put girls clothes on Optimus Prime.
oh look, somebody understands the purpose of separate costumes

crush

You might say it's a douche move by putting the classic skin in the DLC pack.
But this is Devil may cry! What do you expect? Of course there will be a classic skin.

Dante47

Exactly it's not going to bother people but i think it's still a douche move because it's 3costumes two original to that character that gamers have to buy.
It should've been setup where the classic skins ( Classic Vergil & Dante) was an unlockable reward with 3 dlc costumes totally original to that character.
You don't have to purchase it. It adds nothing to the gameplay, it's just extra for those willing.

Top Bottom