• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would anyone like to read this?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's a story I'm just starting work on. I'm putting the prologue here. If you want to read more, then please, tell me here. If not, don't say anything. I'm not going to post a story here if no one cares.

Dirt Digger
By
Storm Silves

Liam frowned, looking up at his mother. "But why, mommy?" He said, utterly confused at what she'd just told him.

"Mommy can't say why she has to leave..." Liam's mother said, a half-smile on her scaled, snouted face. She brushed some of her blond hair out of her eyes, sighing. "Apparently, some of the government men want to talk to me." She bent down and ruffled Liam's brown hair. "It'll be okay, I promise."

Liam shook his head back and forth, making a small swooshing noise from his snout. "But mommy, I want to go with you..." He said quietly.

"I know." Liam's mother said, her eyes filled with sadness. "But it can't happen."

There was a rough banging on the door, and Liam's mother turned to it. "Give me a minute!" She shouted, and the incessant banging stopped. "I have to go now." She said, standing up. "Goodbye, Liam." She turned to leave.

Liam yelped and grabbed his mother's long, strong tail. "No, mommy..." He said hoarsely, in tears.

With great emotional pain, Liam's mother pried him off of her tail and ran out the door, not another word spoken, leaving Liam to cry alone...

Or so he thought. A man, human, in a business suit at that, walked inside, scooped Liam in his arms, and started walking. Liam, too emotionally exhausted to do anything else but weakly scratch at the man, couldn't break free from his grip. "We have a good candidate." He said as he walked out into the dusty outside world, the sun barely shining, the color of rust on nearly everything.

"It better be a good one." Another man in a suit said. "Last one you picked flunked out of the procedure."

"I'm sure of it this time." The first man said. "The alien's healthy enough. He'll survive the change."

The second man examined the still sobbing Liam, then nodded. He motioned for the man to get in the car. The first man did so, strapping himself in, then Liam. He snapped a hand around Liam's throat. "If you don't stop crying, I'll break your neck." He threatened. That merely made Liam cry louder. The man rolled his eyes and cupped a hand around Liam's snout, stifling his sobs. He looked out the window at the scenery that was whizzing past. All rust colored, nothing to look at but dust, rust, and shattered buildings. "It's amazing that the human race can even survive anymore..." The man said through clenched teeth.

Ten minutes later, the car stopped in front of a surprisingly pristine looking building. Liam had never seen such a great looking building, and it awed him. He wasn't able to look for long, because again he was scooped up into the first man's arms, who brought him inside. Liam's ears perked up at the sound of screaming and moaning. He swallowed hard, afraid. The man smiled darkly at Liam. "You're gonna be a Dirt Digger." He said, then handed Liam to a doctor. The doctor carried Liam to a brightly lit room, then strapped him into the single chair in the middle of it.

What's a Dirt Digger? Liam thought, confused. As if in answer, the chair propped itself up, then flattened so that Liam was laying on his back. A machine that looked like a casting mold lowered onto him. Liam had just enough time to breathe in once before an extremely warm, viscous, reddish liquid filled the chamber and his lungs. It ran down his throat, then felt as though it solidified in his organs. He tried to scream, but no sound came out. The mold moved away from him, and he was thrust out of the chair.

"I knew it'd work." A voice said. Liam couldn't see. The liquid had closed over his eyes. He tried to speak, and again no sound came out. Just a grunt.

"Don't bother talking." Another voice said. "It won't work."

Liam wanted to cry. He had no clue what had happened, but he had a feeling he'd soon find out. He felt himself being lifted, and though he knew his limbs weren't stuck, he couldn't move them. He felt himself being strapped into another chair (he could tell it was different due to the shape) and tried to breathe in, but nothing happened. He knew he was breathing, but his lungs didn't expand. A needle stabbed into his left pectoral, carving what felt like a small triangle into both him and whatever suit he was wearing.

"Congrats." A voice said menacingly. "You're now a Dirt Digger."

WingsofaButterfly

DANTE!!! *Tackles*
AWESOME! It has great potential! Is it a fanfic or an original story? Cuz i have two awesome websites for you if you want to post it somewhere else. ^^

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Nicely written. If you can do that over a single picture, than what about a Gallery of them? Brilliant potential, keep up the good work. I want to know more about these Dirt Diggers.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
If you want to know more, PM or VM me. I'll be happy to tell you what you want to know while I work on it.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
That's quite sad :( (when his mommy left)
You're a great writer Storm. I would love to read more of this.

Top Bottom