• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

World Of Darkness (MMO) by WhiteWolf

IncarnatedDemon

I am surprised VampireWicked: Your username should suggest your into Vampires.So why havent you made a thread about it :p

World of Darkness is a mmo with GREAT amibitions. On top of it's being produced by WhiteWolf who made Vampire Masquerade, they have even confirmed that they will look at Vampire Masquerade (Bloodlines) what to do.

wod.jpg

World-of-Darkness.jpg

A merger between Crowd Control Productions and White Wolf Publishing was announced at the annual Eve Online fanfest in Reykjavík, Iceland, in November 2006. As part of the deal, it was announced that White Wolf would be adapting the Eve Online intellectual property into an RPG, and CCP explicitly stated "There will be a World of Darkness Online", referring to a massively multiplayer online role-playing game. According to news at the time, work had already begun on the "WoD MMORPG" and full time production was to commence within the year and launch in four to five years.[9]
As of January 2008, full production of the WoD MMORPG was scheduled start March 2009 after the Eve Online expansion was finished according to CCP.[10] Official confirmation that the game is currently in development surfaced in Aug 2009 on the official CCP web site.[10]
The game will be based on Vampire: The Masquerade and will "focus on player politics and social interaction". According to Senior Producer Chris McDonough there "is no release date" set.[11]
In October 2011, CCP announced that they would be significantly reducing the staff for the MMORPG, choosing instead to focus on the existing EVE Online universe. There are still no details about launch dates.[12]
As of a February 2012 interview at Ten Ton Hammer it is reported there are still at least 60 dedicated developers on the MMO and the project is still moving forward.[13]

Right now World of Darkness project seems to be vague. They seem to be struggling to finance the project to completeion.

Also the game developers are thinking of adding PERManent death in World of Darkness. Meaning if you die once your dead.
I am VERY VERY glad of this, because it goes well with Vampire Masquerade.

What is Vampire Masquerade?
It's a code for vampires in "World of Darkness" serie (World of Darkness was a reference to all WhiteWolf gothic games, but now it's also reference to the mmo thats in development).

Code states that you must not let humans know of your existence as vampire nor perform any vampiric acts in front of them or be caught doing something vampiric.
If you break the law, you will be hunted by your kindred (vampires), but also by human bounty hunters.

If your into Vampire games or games with gothic world and interesting chat dialogues between npcs: then believe me...
Vampire Masquerade Bloodline : YOU MUST CHECK it out.
It's not a 10/10 game or even 9/10 game.
But it's really a fun game.

A cutscene i liked (i love the wolfs).

IncarnatedDemon

World of Darkness turns out the lights.
In a few MMOs different events happen depending on whether it's day or night. This won't be the case in CCP's new Vampire MMO, World of Darkness. According to a Destructoid interview with World of Darkness' senior producer Chris McDonough, the vampire MMO will feature permanent night.
"The gameplay that surrounded making the transition [from night to day] was very convoluted," he said. "What could players do during the day? And how long did it last?"
He continued, saying, "People want to play their vampire and, you know, it's the World of Darkness. That's really what it's about. That's the mood and tone."
The permanent night cycle will be a new gameplay mechanic not seen in an MMO before. World of Darkness will also feature real-world city locations like London, Paris, and New York and will have sandbox philosophies and political systems.

IncarnatedDemon

lol Probably because it's a PC title, if it was a console especially PS3 or PS4 i'd be all over it.
However i will post any information i find about it here in your thread :)
Awesome thanks :)

There is this thread on WhiteWolf's forums, a writer working with WoD, posting his or hers work so far:
Lots of info about different races and locations

I am pretty eager to see how this project goes. I have played a mmo before but i am not to big on multiplayer as a next gen single player Vampire game from WhiteWolf sounds much more fun.

But we'll see how the mmo goes.

IncarnatedDemon

Definetly is a project worth paying attention to.

I strongly recommend playing Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines to get a idea of what to expect.

Anyway if the project is boring i will just not be interested in it, as i said i think single player experience would be better.

IncarnatedDemon

World of Darkness fan site World of Darkness News reports that “a source close to the WoD project” claims the game underwent a big reset in 2010.
According to the report “the information given at The Grand Masquerade (TGM) in 2010 is no longer on the table unless it was re-verified past 2010″.
“The source told us focus and direction has shifted quite a bit since the panel in 2010, and that many aspects are either changed or off the table completely. Thus the info released in that panel should no longer be considered valid unless those same aspects were re-announced, re-verified at interviews, panels post TGM 2010.”
The only specific example that the source could provide was specific support for LGBT groups, which seems like an odd thing to remove.

SOURCE

IncarnatedDemon

A summary of content of the game that has been revealed. If your curious about the game, check it out:

Plus a interview:

If your into gothic themes then you need to keep an eye on this game.
The developers are well known for their gothic games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom