• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Windows 8.1 question...

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
...is it a mandatory update?

I've contacted Microsoft and they have no idea...

I REALLY hope it isn't.

Thankies for any help :3

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Windows 8 is gross. I'd downgrade if I could but I'm stuck with it at the moment with this new laptop. 8 really is more beneficial if you use it on a tablet.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium

Aww, but I like Windows 8 :( (apparently I could be the only person in the world that does lol).
I better download it then before Microsoft decides to make money from it ...*cries*

Windows 8 is gross. I'd downgrade if I could but I'm stuck with it at the moment with this new laptop. 8 really is more beneficial if you use it on a tablet.

I had to upgrade from Vista to 7, best £45 I ever spent...
I'm on a new laptop, but I'm pretty sure the damn thing is faulty. Every restart stops the keyboard from typing. I wish I had a Windows tablet...

I got a feeling Windows 8 has hidden spying programs that give data to US.

I just do :p
'
Perhaps i am to paranoid.

I've never thought of that (and I'm a pretty paranoid person lol). Mind you, nothing would surprise me these days...:/

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Yeah, I did. I upgraded that laptop to Windows 7 and had extra memory installed but it still didn't fix the problem (it just had this thing of being repaired then going back to being slow and glitchy). So with the amount I was spending on it I just decided that it was time to buy a new one, and earlier this year I bought this new laptop and sold the other as scrap.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I knew it. I told the guy at the shop that windows 8 is ****. I'm so glad I stuck with 7.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I knew it. I told the guy at the shop that windows 8 is ****. I'm so glad I stuck with 7.
That's why I'm making my windows 7 laptop last as long as I can. I do not want windows 8. I have tried it and I do not like it. I think the interface is better suited to a tablet PC and not a laptop. I also don't like the programs it comes with and the way you navigate to get to programs. It's a hassle and intrusive.Aside from that, there are known compatibility issues with windows 8 and certain programs.

If I really have to get a new laptop in the future, I will be downgrading to windows 7 manually and do it myself. I don't care how difficult Microsoft is making it to downgrade manually; there is no way I am paying £90 for them to downgrade it for me. Why should I pay for a downgrade when it is Microsoft who messed up?:mad:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Yeah, I did. I upgraded that laptop to Windows 7 and had extra memory installed but it still didn't fix the problem (it just had this thing of being repaired then going back to being slow and glitchy). So with the amount I was spending on it I just decided that it was time to buy a new one, and earlier this year I bought this new laptop and sold the other as scrap.
You know that's why i hate buying a branded PC you don't get an OS backup CD to re-install it in another computer you just get it pre-loaded and if you want to do a re-install you just have to buy a new one.

So make sure at least you make a Backup for your OS for the future.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
You know that's why i hate buying a branded PC you don't get an OS backup CD to re-install it in another computer you just get it pre-loaded and if you want to do a re-install you just have to buy a new one.

So make sure at least you make a Backup for your OS for the future.
I seem to remember that they used to give a backup OS disc in case the computer needed a complete restart. Anyone know the reason they stopped that? :/

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
The classic reason that companies like this give of someone pirating the OS.:/ So, yep, that would be a control measure. But it is a very inconvenient one
Yeah but... as you've probably guessed -- they don't care. :/

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yeah but... as you've probably guessed -- they don't care. :/
They don't, or else they would listen to consumer worries about Windows 8 being a hassle to use. They know they can sell anything and the public will take it because the majority of people are only aware of, or comfortable using either Windows or MAC to run their computers.
They don't think of LINUX or UNIX, so consumers only have a limited choice of 2 OS. Maybe if there was more competition, Microsoft would have to listen to consumers to continue getting sales, instead of making anything and knowing consumers will buy because they have no choice.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Maybe if there was more competition, Microsoft would have to listen to consumers to continue getting sales, instead of making anything and knowing consumers will buy because they have no choice.
Makes me look forward to their inevitable crash. "Poor employees" who'll end up out of a job be damned. They knew who they were working for, so I have no qualms about them suffering as a result -- they're the ones who supported the machine, after all.
I can be a cold bastard sometimes.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Makes me look forward to their inevitable crash. "Poor employees" who'll end up out of a job be damned. They knew who they were working for, so I have no qualms about them suffering as a result -- they're the ones who supported the machine, after all.
I can be a cold ******* sometimes.
I feel sorry for the little guys, the manufacture workers on minimum wage, component makers and peple lower down in the company. But I have no smymapthy for the board of directors or people high up because their choices mess up so many people.
Also, if Microsoft went bust, it would have a major impact on the economy. Microsoft invests in things all over the world from vaccines to charities. If those things are hit, then it causes so many other problems. Plus, something even worse might take Microsoft's place.

Top Bottom