• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will there be another Great Depression

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah due to some inconvenience I don't keep up with the news and how economy and the government is doing anymore.

However, I did look at some articles about impending crash or the strong possibility of a crash.
http://moneymorning.com/ob-article/schiff-us-will-win-currency-war.php?code=118408
http://moneymorning.com/ob-article/schiff-us-will-win-currency-war.php?code=118408

You think it might happen and if so like when? My teachers have mentioned this before but they said it won't be as bad the Great Depression what do you guys think?

Even non-US residents/citizens can discuss their thoughts.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
We are already in one, (if you live within the US)

It just doesn't appear to be as nearly as bad, due to the fact that we now have a form of welfare. Back then our society did not have welfare or food-stamps, so many died from hunger or from the cold during the winter, simply because they could not afford these things.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
We are already in one, (if you live within the US)

It just doesn't appear to be as nearly as bad, due to the fact that we now have a form of welfare. Back then our society did not have welfare or food-stamps, so many died from hunger or from the cold during the winter, simply because they could not afford these things.

Oh.....hmm...never thought about it like that. I live in the US it sure doesn't feel like it. Nobody I know are having trouble maintaining jobs or any much financial problems.

BLACKSWIPE

Oh.....hmm...never thought about it like that. I live in the US it sure doesn't feel like it. Nobody I know are having trouble maintaining jobs or any much financial problems.
Believe me, I also live within the US.
If you go to many major city or even smaller cities, you will know that many families are having difficulties. Corporations are now finding better profits by outsourcing their job force to other countries, there they have no unions and they only have to pay their workers cents. This leads to many here in the US to losing their jobs, and not being able to support their families, and difficulty finding new work. Things are NOT as happy as they seem here in the US.

DanteStyle

但丁是我的
Things are NOT as happy as they seem here in the US.

What happens when they decide to eliminate the option of welfare, or make it near impossible to qualify for welfare? People would go mad with stress and hunger and civil war would be on your hands. Unless they manage to pass the bill to have all firearms removed first. A starving nation controlled by military authorities. (This would be the worst case scenario)
But the US government are too proud to become the next Congo.

They'll act the superhero and install the new monetary system, where you don't need money or a card but just a little device that you swipe every time you make a purchase. It doesn't cost you a thing. Every month the government grants you a gracious amount of, let's say, points. Like welfare.(I could go deeper into this but I'm trying to keep this short)
And if you're working, you still get your salary on top of that. Living the dream, as they say.

Then there will be some major crash in the economy (again) that was completely unforeseen(again?). Thousands of people will be out of business, even more will be unemployed. Until, eventually, it gets to the point where more and more people will become reliant on the monetary points system. Until, finally, Obama proclaims the point system as the New Age of the economy, and money, coins, credit cards, banks - they all fade into the past as some neanderthal way of living. First in the US, and then he'll force the same system onto the countries which the US have alliances and trades with. Because, come on, it's AMERICA. You don't say no to America, do you? Not unless you want them (or some other country in allegiance to them) to nuke your own country.

Once it's all in full swing, Obama will start cutting back on the gracious part and appoint a fixed amount of points to civilians - just enough to still allow for comfortable living. And then he'll cut it back some more. Maybe most points will go to charities - organizations that do a greater good. Maybe the government will become 'tight' with the amount they give their country vs the amount necessary to keep up trades and services with other countries. Whatever excuse people will eat up, will do.

The fact is that America basically does control the world. It's close buddies with the Vatican, the Vatican I'm sure are close buddies with the Queen, and everyone else don't matter because they don't have as much power and influence as these three do. America doesn't need money to survive. It doesn't need money to do anything. It's got the military powers that be at their whim. It's won the global popularity reward.

This is worse than the worst case scenario because I for one do not and will not pledge allegiance to America. EVERRRR.
Ever since Bush said 'if you are not with us, you are against us', America lost a fan. I can't imagine how many countries rushed to secure alliance with America after that threat (which, logically, was a legit and genuine threat to start WW3 if countries didn't roll over and submit).
If I had my own little country I would revolt. Well, I'd revolt without one anyway.

Anyway, basically, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where America is headed. I'd wager there will be a zombie apocalypse yet. And giant man-eating people. Oh, and aliens. No country in the world has been better conditioned to lie down and get effed by what is to come like America has.

BLACKSWIPE

What happens when they decide to eliminate the option of welfare, or make it near impossible to qualify for welfare? People would go mad with stress and hunger and civil war would be on your hands. Unless they manage to pass the bill to have all firearms removed first. A starving nation controlled by military authorities. (This would be the worst case scenario)
But the US government are too proud to become the next Congo.

They'll act the superhero and install the new monetary system, where you don't need money or a card but just a little device that you swipe every time you make a purchase. It doesn't cost you a thing. Every month the government grants you a gracious amount of, let's say, points. Like welfare.(I could go deeper into this but I'm trying to keep this short)
And if you're working, you still get your salary on top of that. Living the dream, as they say.

Then there will be some major crash in the economy (again) that was completely unforeseen(again?). Thousands of people will be out of business, even more will be unemployed. Until, eventually, it gets to the point where more and more people will become reliant on the monetary points system. Until, finally, Obama proclaims the point system as the New Age of the economy, and money, coins, credit cards, banks - they all fade into the past as some neanderthal way of living. First in the US, and then he'll force the same system onto the countries which the US have alliances and trades with. Because, come on, it's AMERICA. You don't say no to America, do you? Not unless you want them (or some other country in allegiance to them) to nuke your own country.

Once it's all in full swing, Obama will start cutting back on the gracious part and appoint a fixed amount of points to civilians - just enough to still allow for comfortable living. And then he'll cut it back some more. Maybe most points will go to charities - organizations that do a greater good. Maybe the government will become 'tight' with the amount they give their country vs the amount necessary to keep up trades and services with other countries. Whatever excuse people will eat up, will do.

The fact is that America basically does control the world. It's close buddies with the Vatican, the Vatican I'm sure are close buddies with the Queen, and everyone else don't matter because they don't have as much power and influence as these three do. America doesn't need money to survive. It doesn't need money to do anything. It's got the military powers that be at their whim. It's won the global popularity reward.

This is worse than the worst case scenario because I for one do not and will not pledge allegiance to America. EVERRRR.
Ever since Bush said 'if you are not with us, you are against us', America lost a fan. I can't imagine how many countries rushed to secure alliance with America after that threat (which, logically, was a legit and genuine threat to start WW3 if countries didn't roll over and submit).
If I had my own little country I would revolt. Well, I'd revolt without one anyway.

Anyway, basically, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where America is headed. I'd wager there will be a zombie apocalypse yet. And giant man-eating people. Oh, and aliens. No country in the world has been better conditioned to lie down and get effed by what is to come like America has.
Although **** may seem currently serious, with our free-market system I can't really see us collapsing. And no, I'm not one of those "MURICA **** YEAH11!111" types of people. Our Free-Market system is a blessing for our country, which basically keeps its self afloat.

Reactions: Meg

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yep, I'd say we're in a depression in UK as well. I don't live in an area where people are affected, but I know it's going on. I just have to look at the news and see people losing their jobs, companies closing and budgets being tightened where they should not be.

I'm not sure what the solution could be, but something needs to be done. If there's no new money being put into the economy, then the same money is just being circulated round. I guess it's UK's fault for selling all their manufacturing abroad because it was cheaper. Well, we're paying for that bad choice now.

Then there's graduates leaving university with a lot of debt and no job prospects. So they move back home, can't buy a house (causing more problems for the economy), won't get married, and won't have children. It all has a knockon effect. If people don't have children, there will not be the next generation of consumers that this country has stupidy built the economy around, and there will not be the next generation of tax payers to pay for heathcare and education.
Having said that, I don't think people should be forced to have children for the sake of the economy.>_< That just ends badly for eveyone.

DanteStyle

但丁是我的
Although **** may seem currently serious, with our free-market system I can't really see us collapsing. And no, I'm not one of those "MURICA **** YEAH11!111" types of people. Our Free-Market system is a blessing for our country, which basically keeps its self afloat.

I've no idea what you just wrote there, sorry.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
In the UK, people are already going hungry, homeless and penniless because of the events of 2009 and beyond. Food banks have never been so popular and there are more people living in ppverty than before. But because we are used to seeing pictures of Ethiopian kids with sunken eyes and swollen bellies as the face of starvation and need, it is harder to recognise and accept on our own doorstep. It is almost an alien concept that we, with our cars and healthcare and 2.4 kids could ever be considered as starving, poor or destitute. And yet if we do not recognise it for what it is, and act, we will be seeing a divide between rich and poor on an unprecedented level.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
we're in one now. it just doesn't seem as bad due to the agencies provided during the first depression. not only that, we rely on other gov't's money as well as they do ours. but i'd say this is a modern day depression

DanteStyle

但丁是我的
She's saying that your worst case scenario ain't happening. Ever.

*runs away waving American flag*

What-evah! We all know that a zombie apocalypse is imminent. If you start noticing that there are less homeless people on the street, it's because the zombies got them.
Don't say I didn't warn you guys!

Reactions: Jak

Meg

What-evah! We all know that a zombie apocalypse is imminent. If you start noticing that there are less homeless people on the street, it's because the zombies got them.
Don't say I didn't warn you guys!
And we all know watching daytime TV is what causes people to become zombies. :troll:

Top Bottom