• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will it happen? (BayoxDMC poll)

Will Dante make a appearance in Bayonetta or will it never happen?

• I think it will happen

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I don't think it will ever happen

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

IncarnatedDemon

NOTE: This is not a Bayo2 thread, so if you want to discuss that i suggest going to the thread "Bayonetta TBA on Wii U" by Striferu :)
Please keep discussion/talk in this thread about Dante appearing in Bayonetta universe.

As i am watching this scene where Jeanne is upside down on a jetplane and noice her red clothes and white hair...i can't help but imagine how awesome it will be when Dante makes a appearance in Bayonetta.

The girls (Jeanne + Cereza) likes guns and are expert with guns
Dante is a expert with guns
Jeanne likes red clothes - Dante wears red

Even the world of Bayonetta is a ideal setting for Dante to be in. It may not be compatible with DMC world, but let's not think of compatibility right now.

I've seen Megaman makes a appearance in Super Smash Bros.
There is even a Mario & Sonic game.

Just perhaps in future for sake of business Capcom may consider having Dante appear in a Bayonetta game.

When that happens...it will be epic. So do you think it will ever happen?
And if it happens...how will you react to it?

IncarnatedDemon

Depends.
If it's the original Dante then i'll be like cool.
If it's that alternate universe person, i'll toss my cookies & say it's a waste.
However i don't think it'll happen till Bayonetta becomes multi platform again, why would Capcom want only one platform to promote DevilMayCry when they could do it on multi platforms.
I wasn't thinking for Bayo 2 but maybe Bayo 3 or 4. And of course original Dante, not NT's Dante.
NT's Dante does not deserve nor have any place in Bayonetta.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Bayonetta is owned by Sega, developed by Platinum and Bayonetta 2 will be published by Nintendo (and future games in the series will likely be the same). Devil May Cry is owned, published and developed by Capcom ( except for DmC which is owned and published by Capcom but developed by Ninja Theory).

the fact that they don't have even a single company involved in both makes it very unlikely that there would be a connection. the two series both started with the same director but they are competitors that have no reason to support each other. the only way it could happen would be if Sega sold Bayonetta to Capcom.

IncarnatedDemon

The only issue i see is Capcom working with PG considering PG consisting of former Capcom employes.
That is the only hindrance.

TekkenxStreetFighter
Marvel vs Capcom
Project X Zone (Namco, Sega, Capcom)

The reason TekkenxStreetFighter happened because it was anticipated by fans of both serie long time.
And it finally happened.

Cereza
Special: Umbran Witch
Skills: Gun expert, swordmaster, agile and posseses great magical abilities
Lines: Flock off feather face, Let's rock baby, you want to touch me?
Behaviour: A big tease who likes to kill angels.
Setting: Human world with demons and angels

Featured: In Bayonetta which took Hack and Slash genre a step further

Dante
Special: Half demon
Skills: Gun expert, swordmaster and possesses demonic power
Lines: Flock off feather face, Let's rock baby, Jackpot
Behaviour: Loves women, pizza, fooling around and killing bad demons.
Setting: Human world with demons

Featured: In Devil May cry which set the standard for Hack and Slash genre

Dante is king of H&S while Cereza is queen of H&S.

So as you can see there is a nice foundation that would make it interesting to see the two interact in a crossover.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
ehh it feels like a 50/50 shot. Not saying there is a isnt a interest but is it economically feasible? as that something capcom is more interested.

I agree with VampireWicked since a Reboot DMC cross Bayonetta and wouldnt sell so if it happens it has to be with the preboot

IncarnatedDemon

ehh it feels like a 50/50 shot. Not saying there is a isnt a interest but is it economically feasible? as that something capcom is more interested.

I agree with VampireWicked since a Reboot DMC cross Bayonetta and wouldnt sell so if it happens it has to be with the preboot
I never suggested reboot.

This concept of a DantexBayonetta crossover has existed long before the reboot existed. And it won't be a concept that will transfer over to the reboot just because it holds the same name.

Martius

SSSmokin!
I would love to see that but probably that wont ever be a thing unless some miracle will happen and we will some cooperation between platinum and capcom.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'd love to see it-- two big personalities like Dante and Bayonetta working together, or against each other, but I don't think it will happen for the reasons stated by Darkslayer:
Bayonetta is owned by Sega, developed by Platinum and Bayonetta 2 will be published by Nintendo (and future games in the series will likely be the same). Devil May Cry is owned, published and developed by Capcom ( except for DmC which is owned and published by Capcom but developed by Ninja Theory).

the fact that they don't have even a single company involved in both makes it very unlikely that there would be a connection. the two series both started with the same director but they are competitors that have no reason to support each other. the only way it could happen would be if Sega sold Bayonetta to Capcom.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Yea, Capcom would have to work with Platinum & decides who publishes it.
Besides you already gotten a Dante Bayonetta cross over anyway.
fafd439546587b96bdc11be23733abf8.jpg

Bayonetta is a single-player Its combat system is similar to that of director Hideki Kamiya's previous title, Devil May Cry.
Jeanne's platinum hair, Red clothing, skills & strength is another form of DevilMayCry's Dante.
to be fair, Capcom would be the publisher because platinum games cant publish their own games.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Bayonetta is a single-player Its combat system is similar to that of director Hideki Kamiya's previous title, Devil May Cry.
Jeanne's platinum hair, Red clothing, skills & strength is another form of DevilMayCry's Dante.
Also hers guns are very similar to ebony and ivory.

to be fair, Capcom would be the publisher because platinum games cant publish their own games.
One year aga Inaba said they are interested in doing some kickstarter project to gather funds to make game for pc and release it on steam which would allow them to become publisher.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
One year aga Inaba said they are interested in doing some kickstarter project to gather funds to make game for pc and release it on steam which would allow them to become publisher.

My mistake but i dont think in this case they would publish it since it would be more of a work for hire gig similar to Metal Gear Revengeance. Or they might joint publish it if thats possible.

I never suggested reboot.

This concept of a DantexBayonetta crossover has existed long before the reboot existed. And it won't be a concept that will transfer over to the reboot just because it holds the same name.

it could since most crossovers you could do with the preboot could be done with the reboot.

But with bayonetta, it wouldnt be a good idea to do it with the reboot since the fanbases dont align nor do the stylistic aesthetic so it would be better off doing it with the preboot.

But this idea could be a chance to be seen if the clover studio ips could still be used since some of kamiya's projects for Platinum feel like they are extensions of projects he had done for Capcom.

like the wonderful 101 feels like it could fit easily with Viewtiful Joe's future.

Yea i would figure it'll go that way.

that could be a good thing sine this crossover wouldnt neccesarily be a WiiU exclusive.

Top Bottom