• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why It's Important To Be Average & Economy (Life Thread)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
My issue with this kind of warning though is that serious investors would pull out their support in preperation for an alleged crash, and then actually cause the crash because they pulled out. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It's a self fulfilling prophecy.
I really don't think that'll happen. Remember, these guys are addicted to betting (betting for and/or agianst toxic assets, etc.). Not to mention, almost all of them are high on coke.

Coke stimulates the same part of your brain that money does.

Stardust + Credit Default Swaps = Silver & Sacks

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I really don't think that'll happen. Remember, these guys are addicted to betting (betting for and/or agianst toxic assets, etc.). Not to mention, almost all of them are high on coke.

Coke stimulates the same part of your brain that money does.

Stardust + Credit Default Swaps = Silver & Sacks
You mean Goldman and Sachs...right? Or is this a DmC reference?...because right now I'm imagining Mundus high on stardust and coke. :lol:

As a side note, a guy who is high up in Goldman did actually say that bankers were 'doing god's work'. Pretty spooky coincidence to have a guy say that in real life just like Bob Barbas does.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
You mean Goldman and Sachs...right? Or is this a DmC reference?...because right now I'm imagining Mundus high on stardust and coke.
Yeah, it was a reference to them. I would have put DmC in parenthesis, but thought it would have been "too obvious" (it's all in the delivery when you use the "punchline").

------------------------------------

As for the "Doing God's work" thing... who knows? The creators of DmC might have heard them say that and slipped it in as another reference.

You know how the 1% are... they see other people's problems and think to themselves, "If I take everything they have, and make them die of poverty, won't I end up just "putting them out of their misery"?

Sorry I just... I'm just trying to imagine what it would be like in their shoes and what would drive them to even have these thoughts to begin with.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Bump thread.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-10/united-states-hypocrisy-one-cartoon

20131110_hipo.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-09-22/summing-it-all-one-cartoon

20130922_QE.jpg

20130710_santelli_0.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-27/entire-us-fiscal-and-monetary-policy-gambit-one-cartoon

20131027_kickthecan.jpg

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
At this rate, I wouldn't be surpised if people stop having children with the way the world is going. The world is full enough as it is, and there are not enough jobs to go round. It just seems like it's getting worse and worse, not to mention the whole health care mess.

Heck, I'm doing fine compared to a lot of people, but I sure wouldn't want to bring a child into this world. It's quite sad to know kids will grow up to be the next generation of tax payers and wage slaves just to clear the debt of the generation before. And that's if the children are born 'normal', and are even able to find a job.:facepalm:

This DmC game does sometimes make me think that this world is nothing but a human farm to keep people happy/ stupid enough to breed the next wave of workers to be exploited for financial gain.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
At this rate, I wouldn't be surpised if people stop having children with the way the world is going. The world is full enough as it is, and there are not enough jobs to go round. It just seems like it's getting worse and worse, not to mention the whole health care mess.

Heck, I'm doing fine compared to a lot of people, but I sure wouldn't want to bring a child into this world. It's quite sad to know kids will grow up to be the next generation of tax payers and wage slaves just to clear the debt of the generation before. And that's if the children are born 'normal', and are even able to find a job.:facepalm:

This DmC game does sometimes make me think that this world is nothing but a human farm to keep people happy/ stupid enough to breed the next wave of workers to be exploited for financial gain.

Originally I was going to give up too but after thinking it over giving up is what they want.

I don't recommend giving up either for the world has always been crap and hard. Its nothing new.

Problems from the last generation will always be carried over to the next generation. If anything a new generation could succeed in where the previous generation failed. If anything children growing up in such hard times could breed a new generation of adults and leaders who would want to make a better future where no one or less people would have to go through the same problems they did.

However, I do agree on limiting on the amount of children is born to prevent over-population and over consumption of resources. However, I do see one reason for over-population is the fact people are living much longer.

Although there is the possibility of come by 2030 or 2050 people will start living on the moon or something or establish outer space colonies.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Originally I was going to give up too but after thinking it over giving up is what they want.

I don't recommend giving up either for the world has always been crap and hard. Its nothing new.
I'm not giving up, but I'm also not giving them any children just so that they can be exploited in the work market and taxed to death.
I just couldn't have a child in good conscience knowing all the terrible things that are going on right now with recessions and job insecurity; not to mention I would feel wholly responsible if my child was bullied, or was born with a genetic condition or any of the many other things that could go wrong. It just seems unfair and selfish to me that I would force a child to live in this uncertain world. Instead, I spend my time helping ones who are already here.

Problems from the last generation will always be carried over to the next generation. If anything a new generation could succeed in where the previous generation failed. If anything children growing up in such hard times could breed a new generation of adults and leaders who would want to make a better future where no one or less people would have to go through the same problems they did.
True, and it seems like the same mistakes are repeated over and over, passed down from generation to generation. We're still dealing with the consequences of the baby boomer generation. I've seen a few articles that say the only way to solve the problem is by having more children to increase taxes and productivity. That to me is madness. It's turning life into a Ponzi sceme where many new children are used to support the old people at the top, and for this sceme to keep on working, even more children are needed.

I wish humanity would change for the better, but generation after generation have been procreating for this reason, and not much has changed. We still kill and fight, but these days its with drones and mines instead of spears and axes.
Don't get me wrong, I know there is good in the world, but it's so hard to focus on in when all you see on the news is tragedy. I guess I should turn off the TV and pretend everything is alright:grumpy:

However, I do agree on limiting on the amount of children is born to prevent over-population and over consumption of resources. However, I do see one reason for over-population is the fact people are living much longer.
I just wish people would put more thought into having a child instead of 'oops' or having one for the sake of it and then regretting it.
I've seen this from my friends and know this usually ends in tears down the phone, divorce and medication, even when the children are planned and wanted. It doesn't really make me too keen to have children when all I've seen is this. Worst of it is that it's usually the children who suffer most in this situation.
Aside from that, school places are scarce, especially in areas with high performing schools. You don't want to fail a child before it has even had a chance to live. Resources are dwindling, way too many natural disasters, wars and financial instability. It just makes me wonder where the heck the world is going. I wish I had the kind of mind that could put those serious issues aside, but I'm not like that. :unsure:

Although there is the possibility of come by 2030 or 2050 people will start living on the moon or something or establish outer space colonies.

If intelligent life exists, they had better watch out, humans are coming to invade a galaxy near you.:tongue:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'm not giving up, but I'm also not giving them any children just so that they can be exploited in the work market and taxed to death.
I just couldn't have a child in good conscience knowing all the terrible things that are going on right now with recessions and job insecurity; not to mention I would feel wholly responsible if my child was bullied, or was born with a genetic condition or any of the many other things that could go wrong. It just seems unfair and selfish to me that I would force a child to live in this uncertain world. Instead, I spend my time helping ones who are already here.

True, and it seems like the same mistakes are repeated over and over, passed down from generation to generation. We're still dealing with the consequences of the baby boomer generation. I've seen a few articles that say the only way to solve the problem is by having more children to increase taxes and productivity. That to me is madness. It's turning life into a Ponzi sceme where many new children are used to support the old people at the top, and for this sceme to keep on working, even more children are needed.

I wish humanity would change for the better, but generation after generation have been procreating for this reason, and not much has changed. We still kill and fight, but these days its with drones and mines instead of spears and axes.
Don't get me wrong, I know there is good in the world, but it's so hard to focus on in when all you see on the news is tragedy. I guess I should turn off the TV and pretend everything is alright:grumpy:

I just wish people would put more thought into having a child instead of 'oops' or having one for the sake of it and then regretting it.
I've seen this from my friends and know this usually ends in tears down the phone, divorce and medication, even when the children are planned and wanted. It doesn't really make me too keen to have children when all I've seen is this. Worst of it is that it's usually the children who suffer most in this situation.
Aside from that, school places are scarce, especially in areas with high performing schools. You don't want to fail a child before it has even had a chance to live. Resources are dwindling, way too many natural disasters, wars and financial instability. It just makes me wonder where the heck the world is going. I wish I had the kind of mind that could put those serious issues aside, but I'm not like that. :unsure:

If intelligent life exists, they had better watch out, humans are coming to invade a galaxy near you.:tongue:

There is tragedy and problems with the world and it seems hard to live and I fully 100% agree with you. It too is hard for me to just ignore the bad but if I choose to ignore the good and just pine on the bad it'll only drive me into depression and madness. It won't do much or anything worrying.

Sometimes you just need the bravery and will power to face a new day. I too want to help others. One day the people in power will be gone or out of power and its the next generation's duty to take over and usually that works out for better for when you have new people they can see things the older folks couldn't see since they didn't grew up in these times. There are times to me that the situation seemed so simple.

No one can know where the world is going but hopefully with these peace treaties, pacts, and people in general and break through in technology and medicine we can try to steer mankind in a positive direction. The time when we come into power is quite soon.

As for children I wouldn't want a kid because I simply don't like kids and I agree with everything about your statements about prematurely having children.

I feel the problem lies in these damn corporations who have become too big and the fact American government allowed them to gain so much power and control during the mid to late 1900s and adopt this Capitalism bullsh*t.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
There is tragedy and problems with the world and it seems hard to live and I fully 100% agree with you. It too is hard for me to just ignore the bad but if I choose to ignore the good and just pine on the bad it'll only drive me into depression and madness. It won't do much or anything worrying.
Exactly, being focused on the bad is not helping at all, but sometimes it is really hard to ignore. That's why I do volunteering with children. At least me and people like my are trying to do positive things, even if the things are small. Besides, it keeps my mind away from all the terrible things going on.

No one can know where the world is going but hopefully with these peace treaties, pacts, and people in general and break through in technology and medicine we can try to steer mankind in a positive direction. The time when we come into power is quite soon.
I hope these kind of things do change the world for the better. Only problem being if people can live longer, then what is the point of having children? It will make the world more overcrowded.
Also, with technology replacing many jobs, what the heck will happen to the labour market? We already have automated checkouts at many stores...I'm imagining the future to be like that Wall-E film where humans are so lazy due to robots doing everything, that we have become so fat and useless. Failing that, there will have to be a severe reduction of the population to go with the reduction of jobs. If the job market seems bad now, wait until every job is done by robots.

As for children I wouldn't want a kid because I simply don't like kids and I agree with everything about your statements about prematurely having children.
I like children a lot; that's why I volunteer in the way I do, but paradoxically, it is also why I would not have a child of my own.

I feel the problem lies in these damn corporations who have become too big and the fact American government allowed them to gain so much power and control during the mid to late 1900s and adopt this Capitalism bullsh*t.
Sadly, that is the way of the world right now. I don't know how it could be changed. This system is all we have known for a very long time. Chainging it would do who-knows-what to the world.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Exactly, being focused on the bad is not helping at all, but sometimes it is really hard to ignore. That's why I do volunteering with children. At least me and people like my are trying to do positive things, even if the things are small. Besides, it keeps my mind away from all the terrible things going on.

I hope these kind of things do change the world for the better. Only problem being if people can live longer, then what is the point of having children? It will make the world more overcrowded.
Also, with technology replacing many jobs, what the heck will happen to the labour market? We already have automated checkouts at many stores...I'm imagining the future to be like that Wall-E film where humans are so lazy due to robots doing everything, that we have become so fat and useless. Failing that, there will have to be a severe reduction of the population to go with the reduction of jobs. If the job market seems bad now, wait until every job is done by robots.

I like children a lot; that's why I volunteer in the way I do, but paradoxically, it is also why I would not have a child of my own.

Sadly, that is the way of the world right now. I don't know how it could be changed. This system is all we have known for a very long time. Chainging it would do who-knows-what to the world.

We don't have to change the system we can at least alter it to benefit the needs of many rather than the few. Its not really the world its just a few countries (US mainly) who needs a restructuring. However, they've (the government) in fact really tried but those damn corporations who wants everything to benefit them tries to go with all their power to get things to go their way.

They're ones who are the real problems.

One solution that world governments can pass is to stop the usage of cheap labor or countries can have strong policies to prevent outside companies of using their people to get cheap labor but it hard to do so when these companies throws legions of money at them.

By technological advances I'm referring to the use of more efficient methods for power rather than oil/gasoline which is expected to run out by 2050 or 2060 but you know the Oil companies wouldn't want that.

However, the problem is that these corporations have created a dependency system that the country/government sort of needs them.

The only positive sign is the fact that other countries and civilians have caught on and are trying to at least get something done about it. Take the NSA issue with Snowden if it wasn't for him and people knowing the truth and speaking out the government wouldn't be reconsidering their actions and the emphasis on the NSA spying policies. Every time the government tries to pass whatever BS bill such as SOPA, PIPA, etc people form petitions and attempt to shut them down as much as possible. Its quite obvious said corporations are pressuring and influencing the government to make said bills. Its really a battle of the people vs the corporations or the 99% against the 1% with the government in the middle and they'll have to pick a side.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
People need to vote with their wallets too. If they stop buying things made by cheap labour, then that could make a change. Only problem being that most people are on a tight budget these days and have to by cheap out of necessity, which does mean unwittingly buying products made with cheap or slave labour.

The other problem is that the world is so tangled up with debt. I don't know how they are going to sort all that out, and I doubt that the debt will be wiped.

It's all one big mess right now. I'm just hpoing that sometime, something will change for the better. At least these petitions are getting people intersted and making them aware that things are going on, and that they can make a change, even if it is a small one. Small changes are better than nothing; and maybe the small change will lead to a bigger one.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
People need to vote with their wallets too. If they stop buying things made by cheap labour, then that could make a change. Only problem being that most people are on a tight budget these days and have to by cheap out of necessity, which does mean unwittingly buying products made with cheap or slave labour.

The other problem is that the world is so tangled up with debt. I don't know how they are going to sort all that out, and I doubt that the debt will be wiped.

It's all one big mess right now. I'm just hpoing that sometime, something will change for the better. At least these petitions are getting people intersted and making them aware that things are going on, and that they can make a change, even if it is a small one. Small changes are better than nothing; and maybe the small change will lead to a bigger one.

I fully agree and if we can educate the younger generation of all the BS we can efficiently breed a better generation and continue the positive progress.

It would be hard to clear the debt but before we can fix any debt we need to fix the country. Plus like someone said before US mostly owes themselves and one way to better the economy and start trying to clear the debt is to create more jobs an business and the government needs to turn its focus and power to the scientists and engineers one solution me and Physics teacher once discussed was a stronger emphasis on alternative power and which could create more jobs creating new products to harness the likes of solar power, wind power, etc but the civilians and by that the 1% needs to start adopting new safer, cleaner, and better methods for energy which can kick start a strong movement or departure from oil/gasoline and create a service of better power source that even the poor could soon afford due to a strong rise in demand.

The most best way to deal with the debt is TO STOP INCREASING IT!!!

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I fully agree and if we can educate the younger generation of all the BS we can efficiently breed a better generation and continue the positive progress.
I don't know if we can actually breed a better generation. I've seen very nice people have terrible kids who grew up to be criminals, and vice versa. However, I think we can certainly educate each generation that comes along to the best of our ability and hopefully improve humanity as a whole that way.

It would be hard to clear the debt but before we can fix any debt we need to fix the country. Plus like someone said before US mostly owes themselves and one way to better the economy and start trying to clear the debt is to create more jobs an business and the government needs to turn its focus and power to the scientists and engineers one solution me and Physics teacher once discussed was a stronger emphasis on alternative power and which could create more jobs creating new products to harness the likes of solar power, wind power, etc but the civilians and by that the 1% needs to start adopting new safer, cleaner, and better methods for energy which can kick start a strong movement or departure from oil/gasoline and create a service of better power source that even the poor could soon afford due to a strong rise in demand.

The most best way to deal with the debt is TO STOP INCREASING IT!!!
You know, I'm not entirely sure how a country can be in debt to itself. That is a strange concept to me. I also heard the US owes trillions China, but I am not sure how much of that is true.
I think, certainly, there should be more emphasis on alternative power. Fossil fuel is finite. It will not last forever. But right now, that is what makes the most money. Actually, I wonder if alternative fuel will go that way too with people making a business out of it, controlling it and raising the prices just to profit. I really hope not. A least with solar power, it can be done at home providing the panels are paid for. They could also look into rapeseed fuel, but I am not sure how sustainable that is when you take into account transporting and harvesting it. But it would be better than fossil. People just need to be better educated about the benefits of alternatives.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I don't know if we can actually breed a better generation. I've seen very nice people have terrible kids who grew up to be criminals, and vice versa. However, I think we can certainly educate each generation that comes along to the best of our ability and hopefully improve humanity as a whole that way.

You know, I'm not entirely sure how a country can be in debt to itself. That is a strange concept to me. I also heard the US owes trillions China, but I am not sure how much of that is true.
I think, certainly, there should be more emphasis on alternative power. Fossil fuel is finite. It will not last forever. But right now, that is what makes the most money. Actually, I wonder if alternative fuel will go that way too with people making a business out of it, controlling it and raising the prices just to profit. I really hope not. A least with solar power, it can be done at home providing the panels are paid for. They could also look into rapeseed fuel, but I am not sure how sustainable that is when you take into account transporting and harvesting it. But it would be better than fossil. People just need to be better educated about the benefits of alternatives.

Especially the adults and world governments.

As for China and the debt as long the US got the wood they need China would depend on the US and China is a pretty dependent country and a lot of countries depend on the US such as China, Japan, and a lot of Eastern Asian countries so they can't afford to let the US crumble under debt............so easily. Either the US adopt silver and gold as their national currency again switching from it to the US dollar was just them being rather vain and feeling using their own currency was better, the balance of powers slowly and carefully shift to other countries that are doing quite well financially such as India, China, .....I don't know Russia, or the US finds some way to get rid of the debt or slowly get rid of it.

As for the debt the US owes $16 trillion in debt and that was the last time I checked. They owe China like $6-7 trillion, more than that to themselves, and the rest to other countries. To think the debt started with the US borrowing money to fund rather meaningless projects that didn't benefit them or the country in the long run thinking oh they can pay it off.

Speaking of which you know the voice actor for Dante Reuben Langdon is apparently part of this group who is out to find new resources and methods to change the power paradigm or create new ways to better human living although some may be a bit.......weird or borderlines on sci-fi?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Especially the adults and world governments.

As for China and the debt as long the US got the wood they need China would depend on the US and China is a pretty dependent country and a lot of countries depend on the US such as China, Japan, and a lot of Eastern Asian countries so they can't afford to let the US crumble under debt............so easily. Either the US adopt silver and gold as their national currency again switching from it to the US dollar was just them being rather vain and feeling using their own currency was better, the balance of powers slowly and carefully shift to other countries that are doing quite well financially such as India, China, .....I don't know Russia, or the US finds some way to get rid of the debt or slowly get rid of it.
Got to admit, what I know about China comes from Japanese news programs, so let's just say that none of the news is good. The most recent news was about exploding money and painted windows on an apartment complex.
China is still developing, despite its quick development into an industrialised nation. So, yes, it would still need to rely on US and other countries. However, China has also taken a lot of the business from US because the US sold it to them. I'm not sure how, or if they can ever get that back.
It does seem like the axis of power is shifting back to the East again. China is buying up a lot of mines in Africa and taking a lot of their natural resources. Inda is growing rapidly as well, but the people are still so poor and the quality of life is still terrbile for the majority. But that is the price paid to become an economic power.

As for the debt the US owes $16 trillion in debt and that was the last time I checked. They owe China like $6-7 trillion, more than that to themselves, and the rest to other countries. To think the debt started with the US borrowing money to fund rather meaningless projects that didn't benefit them or the country in the long run thinking oh they can pay it off.
Still have no idea why US would do that kind of thing. It makes no sense, especially since it had no benefit to them. Well, I guess they're paying for it now in ways they never predicted.

Speaking of which you know the voice actor for Dante Reuben Langdon is apparently part of this group who is out to find new resources and methods to change the power paradigm or create new ways to better human living although some may be a bit.......weird or borderlines on sci-fi?
I was not aware he was into that kind of thing. Good for him for at least trying. Last I heard, he pulled his pants down and was pretending to be a unicorn or something odd. I think there's a picture on this forum somewhere. Not sure if it was a joke or something, but it's out there somewhere. :tongue:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Got to admit, what I know about China comes from Japanese news programs, so let's just say that none of the news is good. The most recent news was about exploding money and painted windows on an apartment complex.
China is still developing, despite its quick development into an industrialised nation. So, yes, it would still need to rely on US and other countries. However, China has also taken a lot of the business from US because the US sold it to them. I'm not sure how, or if they can ever get that back.
It does seem like the axis of power is shifting back to the East again. China is buying up a lot of mines in Africa and taking a lot of their natural resources. Inda is growing rapidly as well, but the people are still so poor and the quality of life is still terrbile for the majority. But that is the price paid to become an economic power.

Still have no idea why US would do that kind of thing. It makes no sense, especially since it had no benefit to them. Well, I guess they're paying for it now in ways they never predicted.

I was not aware he was into that kind of thing. Good for him for at least trying. Last I heard, he pulled his pants down and was pretending to be a unicorn or something odd. I think there's a picture on this forum somewhere. Not sure if it was a joke or something, but it's out there somewhere. :tongue:

Yeah world problems. I think I discussed everything I needed to discuss and for some odd reason feel a lot better talking to you about it. I guess I just needed someone was positive and a realist to talk to.

As for Reuben yeah he is either a revolutionary mind with a complex character or has gone a bit loony.

We might end up getting a new voice actor for Dante if Reuben is sent to the loony bin for being accused of being insane.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yeah world problems. I think I discussed everything I needed to discuss and for some odd reason feel a lot better talking to you about it. I guess I just needed someone was positive and a realist to talk to.

As for Reuben yeah he is either a revolutionary mind with a complex character or has gone a bit loony.

We might end up getting a new voice actor for Dante if Reuben is sent to the loony bin for being accused of being insane.
Glad I could have this discussion with you too.

Yeah, I don't know if Reuben was trolling with that pic or serious, but it made me laugh. No idea what he was doing, but I'm hoping it was some kind of joke. Or maybe demon hunting finally fried his brain.:tongue:

Top Bottom