• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why is it....?

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Why is it that one month something is "in" or fashionable but next month it's boring, why is there no in between? I mean I still like the music that I've had for over a decade now and my old computer. I mean they might not be 'in' now but that doesn't stop them from being good does it. Then again, in my opinion, 'in' and good seldom coincide and when they do it's not good it has to be a masterpiece. So the options are it's in and is something that someone's had a really half a$$ed attempt at it or it's in and is absolutely innovatively brilliant. How does this work out?:\ :\ :\ :\ :huh: :huh: :wacko: :sick:

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
The Phantarch;23221 said:
Why is it that one month something is "in" or fashionable but next month it's boring, why is there no in between? I mean I still like the music that I've had for over a decade now and my old computer. I mean they might not be 'in' now but that doesn't stop them from being good does it.

You know I agree with you. I mean, take hair metal like early Metallica or Megadeth, they may not be around anymore but still they made great thrash metal music back in the 80s. The whole "hair metal" era may be over and people will think of previous hair metal bands as "out", but that does not stop them from being great. This is just an example by the way...but in any case I agree...

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
that's what's great about heavy metal. it has always stayed at a steady level, neither becoming "in" nor going "out" of fashion, so people have not got bored of it. people tend to get bored of things that are "in" after a while.

Nightmare

The Devils Cry
Psh, don't bother with what people say is in, or you'd listen to Eric Prydz version of Another Brick in the Wall rather than Pink Floyd's original.
And that's bad.
The most important thing is that you listen to the music you like :) As for me, I like stuff from Metallica to John Coltrane, so there you go :p

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I am fairly eclectic in my musical taste, I like everything from Cradle of Filth to Mozart.

I also love classic novels (e.g. Steinbeck and Dickens) and Fantasy such as William Nicholson and J.R.R Tolkien.

Vordan

AC Pilot
Strange, isn't it? I'd much rather stick to my own style than conform to what's considered "in" at the time. As Oscar Wilde once said, "Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable, it has to be altered evey 6 months".

Top Bottom