• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why do threads that haven't been posted in in a while become automatically locked?

Do you think having threads with no new posts auto locked is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
Okay, I noticed how when a thread hasn't been posted in in a while, it becomes automatically locked... why is that? Just because it hasn't received any new posts doesn't mean that it's fully served its purpose, and it might make it look like it's a bad thread even though it's not. It's also bad seeing some pretty cool threads get locked unneccesarily, I wish it didn't happen. Whaddya think?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Re: Why do threads that haven't been posted in in a while become automatically locked

I agree. I used to have a modification installed on the forum that would auto-close a thread when it had gone over 30 days without a reply - this was basically installed to combat the amount of 'thread-bumping' that was going on. However, I disabled it recently because I prefer it the old-fashioned way so you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
Re: Why do threads that haven't been posted in in a while become automatically locked

Wooooooo no 30 day locking works for me hehe.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin

So long as no one bumps a thread with something crap like "woo hoo!" or "lol - yeah!" then we won't have a reason to shut it down...might have to delete the post though...:ninja:

Top Bottom