• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why did mundus wait so long?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
if i remember correctly, DMC3 takes place a decade before DMC. so my question is: what too so long? mundus seemed to have all the power he needed. he had trish. he killed vergil and corrupted his soul. he had a demon army willing to fight for his cause. so why did mundus take 10 years to try and kill dante (and take over the world in the process)? its not like dante was that hard to find anyway. he was advertising as a demon hunter. but let me know what you think

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
vergil was weakene going into the fight with mundus and mundus was sealed still in the demon world so he was building his power up to dmc1 to break the seal and kill dante

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DMC 3 totally contradicts DMC 1 anyway so none of it makes sense when you think about it. It's a mess.

DMC 3 totally contradicts DMC 1 anyway so none of it makes sense when you think about it. It's a mess.
To be honest,I didn't know when I first played it than DMC 3 was in fact some kind of reboot. Probably because it was well done and it made sense when I played DMC 1 afterwards.

So,to me it's not that much of a big deal because I think it is far more interesting DMC 3's version of how Vergil came to serve Mundus than DMC's original version.

You actually got the opportunity to see some of Vergil's true intentions,personality and such and what's more intriguing than a brotherly fighting?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
To be honest,I didn't know when I first played it than DMC 3 was in fact some kind of reboot. Probably because it was well done and it made sense when I played DMC 1 afterwards.

So,to me it's not that much of a big deal because I think it is far more interesting DMC 3's version of how Vergil came to serve Mundus than DMC's original version.

You actually got the opportunity to see some of Vergil's true intentions,personality and such and what's more intriguing than a brotherly fighting?
Don't get me wrong I like playing the game but, I don't care for the things they did. Dante in DMC 1 was cocky but also more subtle and laid back. DMC 3 he was just stupid. He was all in your face with just how dorky he can be and I wanted him to just shut his mouth half the time.

Plus, I never liked Vergil. He was just so one dimensional and boring. What they decided to do with him seriously couldn't be any more generic. It wasn't interesting. It was boring. When playing DMC 1, with the tidbits of information given to me I was able to speculate and fill in the blanks myself for a lot of things in the world and it ultimately was better than what they gave me.

I think it's like how the Star Wars prequels made people feel. People were watching the original trilogy and coming up with their own ideas of what previously happened in that universe. Then the prequels actually do come around and are just terribad and so many people wish George Lucas just left the sh!t alone because he himself obviously doesn't know why people like his series. I'm not even a fan of Star Wars but that's how I felt with DMC.

My own ideas of what happened to Vergil and all were better than just seeing the sibling rivalry from Inuyasha.

Don't get me wrong I like playing the game but, I don't care for the things they did. Dante in DMC 1 was cocky but also more subtle and laid back. DMC 3 he was just stupid. He was all in your face with just how dorky he can be and I wanted him to just shut his mouth half the time.

Plus, I never liked Vergil. He was just so one dimensional and boring. What they decided to do with him seriously couldn't be any more generic. It wasn't interesting. It was boring. When playing DMC 1, with the tidbits of information given to me I was able to speculate and fill in the blanks myself for a lot of things in the world and it ultimately was better than what they gave me.

I think it's like how the Star Wars prequels made people feel. People were watching the original trilogy and coming up with their own ideas of what previously happened in that universe. Then the prequels actually do come around and are just terribad and so many people wish George Lucas just left the sh!t alone because he himself obviously doesn't know why people like his series. I'm not even a fan of Star Wars but that's how I felt with DMC.

My own ideas of what happened to Vergil and all were better than just seeing the sibling rivalry from Inuyasha.

Well,in DMC3 Dante was young and for me,he seemed really..how to put it..he seemed lost,like he didn't have any idea of what to do with his life and then by the end of the game he changed and took things more seriously,and I can't say I disliked him,just how they did with NT Dante.
And for me,well,it was entertaining so I can't complain about it.Dante remains Dante to me.

I liked Vergil,I liked him because he was the type of person to be silent and straight to the point and you actually didn't know what he might think of doing next or what he has in mind, and maybe because he leaved opportunities of exploring his personality and mind a little more,me,as a writer,I do that often,even if,in the game it isn't shown,I like to explore and guess what the characters are thinking,rather than all being thrown in your face and leaving no opportunities of creating and examine the character yourself because all the answers are already answered. But that's just my opinion which may differ from yours.

I liked Inuyasha,but just because those two characters have white hair doesn't mean they're Dante and Vergil,right?
There are many family conflicts,especially brotherly one, in games,and you can't say they aren't interesting in their own way,I knew I enjoyed it,and you know,everything is inspired by something else,but it all matters how it's done. :)

Top Bottom