• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why are hipsters hated so much?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i mean, granted, the whole "i knew about them before they were mainstream" bit can get a little annoying and some of them have cocky attitudes, but i see a lot of hate towards them. why? a lot of hipsters i know are pretty cool. plus, you can learn about some pretty kick ass music from hipsters. so why do a lot of people want a hipster genocide? (side note: most of the hipsters i know are pretty hot so i might be being a tad bit bias)

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I guess it would depend on the definition of what a hipster is. Some people see it as an annoying fashion trend; others as it being about a bunch of know-it-all 20 somethings. Also because they're trying to imitate the 80's which half of them can't even remember much of while going against the original counter culture of that time by expressing their 'hipster-ness' through capitalism. That seems to be the main complaints that I hear. As for me, I have friends that could be called hipster and they're nice, same as my friends who could be called goth, emo or punk. All those kinds of fashions and subcultures just blend in to me.

I think this article can explain better why people hate:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/oct/14/hate-hipsters-blogs

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I've heard the term used on Radio 5 Lives' Up all night (New York talks) but I still don't know what one is...lol

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Is a hipster an evolved emo?
I'm honestly not sure. Some of my friends, who others probably would call hipster, do dress in some clothing that comes from emo or rockabilly style. But I wouldn't say hipster came from emo. According to a few articles, the original hipsters appeared in the 80s. They wanted to break away from consumerism and just make art, whereas the modern people being named hipster embrace consumerism more and buy brand clothing to express being what others call hipster.

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
Because the "new" hipsters. Long time ago a hipster was just a person with interest for alternative/niche things, now they just dislike everything that can be labeled as "mainstream" to the point of being annoying, and of course, they like things that no one knows for that same reason (because "it's cool"), they want to rebel against the society/system to show their individuality and in the end they just become unoriginal. That's the normal definition now, there are a lot of internet trends based on that too.

Besides, I dislike people that want to be tagged as something.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
IDK for me "Hipster" means a person who just wants to be "KEWL" by saying or linking some trending or mainstream thing.

It has nothing to do with you or anyone else liking or being a fan of something its just a term used to define morons with no brains like this

.Besides, I dislike people that want to be tagged as something.
And this too.. i just said that there is no "hardcore" or "softcore" gamer and then i got dragged into a stupid argument.

Top Bottom