• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why are all things alternative labeled "emo"?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
my girlfriend and i were on the bus and this girl says "look at that chick with the emo kid"...now, i could care less what lil kim and her crew were snickering about but after a while, i came to the conclusion that our world really doesn't know anything about the alternative life and her sub cultures. even here on the DMC forums people called dante emo when he's clearly grunge punk. so my thing is. and in the spider-man forums people called peter an emo skater... >_< seriously? he's a nerd who who admires both swagg and grunge fashion at the least. can somebody tell me what's up? why is it that all other cultures are respected enough to have recognition for their differences yet people refuse to give the alternative culture a penny at least?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It's either emo or hipster these days...or goth. That's usually what they are called these days. Don't know why it's done. I guess because people don't always want to look outside of their lifestyle and learn about someone else's. So if they don't know anything, of course they are going to make misinformed or ignorant statements. It's like that with other things as well.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
my girlfriend and i were on the bus and this girl says "look at that chick with the emo kid"...now, i could care less what lil kim and her crew were snickering about but after a while, i came to the conclusion that our world really doesn't know anything about the alternative life and her sub cultures. even here on the DMC forums people called dante emo when he's clearly grunge punk. so my thing is. and in the spider-man forums people called peter an emo skater... >_< seriously? he's a nerd who who admires both swagg and grunge fashion at the least. can somebody tell me what's up? why is it that all other cultures are respected enough to have recognition for their differences yet people refuse to give the alternative culture a penny at least?

Should have gone up to them and said 'I'm not emo, try again.'
Like Loopy said, people are ignorant. They're waving labels around when they don't even fully understand what that label entails. Don't let people showing off their ignorance get to you. Just shake your head at them, walk past them and go 'if only I had my Death Note on me right now...'

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
For a lack of better word:
qm.gif
qm.gif
3qf8d1.jpg

Top Bottom