• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who is the better boss?

Which is the better boss fight? (best balance between fun and challenging)

• Total voters

WorkenOnMaLeft

So which boss has the best balance of fun and challenging gameplay, Dante in DMC4 or Vergil in DMC3?
I personally think its Dante in DMC4. Looking back on it when you fight him on your first playthrough he pretty much has a counter for everything (second fight) you throw at him and it shows the difference between the rookie Nero and the old vet, so I just remember it hyping me so much once I got to play as him.

Vergil 2 is a great boss with amazing music to back it up, although it's a little easy.

Dante can read every move you input into the controller and this makes me go insane because it's so damn hard, but when you beat him you can rest easy,

Hard to decide, one is too easy, one is too difficult for me, but both have their good points
It's a pick your poison kinda thing.

S.F.W

King of Hearts
I like the Vergil boss fights better. While fighting Dante in DMC4 was interesting, and at times more challenging it wasn't as deep and fulfilling as the Vergil boss fight. Dante has to fight his twin brother, each with demonic powers and each with conflicting ideals. Vergil is a rival character, someone who Dante fights and grows stronger with each encounter until he can eventually stand up against Vergil on his own (even beating him at the end). DMC4 Dante..... not so much.
Not to mention, the battle music is very good.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Its a hard decision Vergils battle had alot of meaning to it especially the final battle while DMC4 Dante was pretty fun to fight and i would have loved to see the game portray Dante as the villian. Their both equal in my eyes but if I had to boil it down the Vergil boss is marginally better

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Dante can read every move you input into the controller and this makes me go insane because it's so damn hard, but when you beat him you can rest easy,
Dante boss fight can be cheesed through by abusing his pattern when it comes to Snatch. He will dodge snatch and when he finishes his dodge, you can either hit him or Buster his ass up.

Terrutas

Vergil 2 is a great boss with amazing music to back it up, although it's a little easy.

Hard to decide, one is too easy, one is too difficult for me, but both have their good points
It's a pick your poison kinda thing.
For Dante,There are ways to get around that. Such as using attacks with tight attack frames,such as Million stab or summoned swords on wake up.

Charge shot 3 also works,the reason this does is because the A.I can't predict it and will never react with tricksterdash or jump helm breaker to get out of the way. (That's why streak and stinger don't work,there's a delay between when you hit the button and when the attack will connect. so it can easily react.)

You should drop by my stream sometimes,I'll show you.

In my opinion,DMC3's Vergil is the better one. Since there's a rather exciting story and awesome rival atmosphere that builds up,adding to the excitement.

WorkenOnMaLeft

In my opinion Vergil is too easy actually. Wait for him to finish attacking, hit him with Rebellion or Bewoulf for a default combo or two, and when hes about to back up use revolver for Cerberus even when he backs up the last hit of revolver will connect and he wont parry it. Thats just one easy way of beating him, not to mention he gets cheesed by Royal Guard. My point is that both fights can be owned with some practice. When you first fight either of these guys you dont know any of these tactics, or at least I didn't cause I was DMC noob when i first fought Dante.

Top Bottom