• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who here has read the novels or the manga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRose

Kael
I've read both mangas and have read the second novel (still looking for the first)(and i have also watched the anime but that's irrelivent to this particular thread) for those who have read any of the books (both manga and/or novel) did it clarify anything for you? i just finished the second novel and it actualy made some sence to me in the end and linked 2 to the VG series more or less. the only thing that it didn't clarify is why Dante went mute but i don't think anything will clarify that.

i quite enjoyed the book, and the manga wasn't bad either (i wish they'd come out with the next one but i heard it was discontinued) it also clarified a couple things for me as well and served as a prolouge to the 3rd game.

any one else get this or is it just me? i think the books help fill alot of plotholes that are too boring to make VG games and anime's out of but are interesting enough for fans to read about if they really want to understand the series in all of it's complexity. it also helped me understand more about Dante's personality and how he thinks, which i found refreshing.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I have got code 1 dante.
But i can't find any other books anywhere.
Like in the DMC3 manga. There were like gate guardians, and you had to say their name before they opened. How come none of this was ever mentioned in DMC3?
I think that the book that i have, adds an interesting twist to the series.

RedRose

Kael
I have both Devil may cry novels and both devil may cry 3 mangas. i think they all explain a little more than what the games give and make a little more sence. that's me personaly though. the novels are extremely informative.

Nishiva

Living in my little world
Yeah I read them.. both of the manga chapters (I love it)
It explains alot more about the Temen-ni-gru and how that tower could appear

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I've got the graphic novel of DMC 2. I turned the city upside down the other day looking for Code Vergil and Code Dante, but no one's got them instore. I think I just had a good streak of luck when I got the novel. And a friend of mine introduced me to the manga online a few weeks ago (drooools over pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom