• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who gets credit?

Who gets the credit?

• Game creator

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • gamer

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

aoshi

Does the game creator get the credit or gamer for completing the game?

Please vote and reason.

I think it depends on game and options it offers. If the game has more customisation, gamer can be given credit to come up with good customs. Then again thats a clever design and creator gets the credit or engine that supports it. There were crappy and hard games with miles of walk throughs which can be played to complete the game. For such games , gamers need to be given credit for havin completed the game. So it depends on game. Mostly credit is to game creators.Then again for survival games , gamers need to be given credit on completion.I think gamer needs to be given credit for survival games. I have chosen gamer as i am more interested in survival games.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Well I suppose the number one rule of survival games is that it has to be possible to get through the game on super suicide mode and probably part of the testing is making sure it can be done and giving challenge junkies a good run for their money which could put the credit back to the creator.
I don't really know it's hard to say it should probably be shared.

Like you said it really depends of what the game is.

aoshi

I really doubt if super-suicidal modes are tested for completion with comprehensive solutions. For such games, gamer can be given credit in providing better customization though mode is super-suicidal.

Eg : DMC 3 DMD mission 20 on royalguard is a better solution than trickster and JC.

aoshi

Not exactly. Games unlike movies need to be judged for game-play and user experience. Of course , creators deserve credit for creation.Also recieve applause for creating a new universe. But i prefer survival games and think gamers need to be given credit on comprehensive completion without cheats.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Not really. The game creators actually barely play their own games.

The gamers are what is the true driving force. If no one likes a game, the series dies. If everyone likes it, it keeps going. The game creators take the backseat for this type of marketing.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
those who play the game may provide input about what should be done in sequels and if they don't buy the game there will not be one. but they didn't make it. game creation is an art like any other. if you look at the mona lisa. do you get credit or dose da vinci. those who create get credit for their creations. those who enjoy it get that enjoyment they haven't done anything that whould give them credit for it. i for one whould never accept the idea of someone else getting credit for someting i made. even more so if they didn't help in the process or even hire someone to help. having an opinion is not participating in the creation.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
But if the game creators make a game that no one likes, then their efforts would be wasted.

I guess it just comes down to opinion. I, being a gamer, think the gamers are more important. However, I'm pursuing a career as a game designer, so I think my opinion may change when that time comes around.

aoshi

@darkslayer13: Games unlike other arts is creation of alternative universe where user experiences the game than just commenting. User(gamer) is exposed to many games and could find comprehensive solution to one game from another.But only can play through game's setup.As i posted earlier, creators always receive credit.But for hardcore survival games, gamer can be given credit. Comprehensive solutions can be appreciated.

By giving credit, I don't think gamers are better than game creators.There is an illusion that gamers are allowed only as far as the game allows which deprive them of their credit.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
play a game that hasn't been made and you can get all the credit you want. ( even if you make it the game has still been made) funny thing is you can't. a game has to exist before you can play it. the game creator makes it. the gamer enjoys it. beating a game even a hard one dosen't earn credit of any type that could be compared to the credit the creator gets.

aoshi

darkslayer13;218138 said:
play a game that hasn't been made and you can get all the credit you want. ( even if you make it the game has still been made) funny thing is you can't. a game has to exist before you can play it. the game creator makes it. the gamer enjoys it. beating a game even a hard one dosen't earn credit of any type that could be compared to the credit the creator gets.

I don't think u have understood the subject. Why dont u reach high school before answering threads?

Anyways, Credit to creation is given as in any other entertainment or art such as movies,music. Of course, Audience does not get credit for viewing or giving an applause. But game is a question put forth by creator which needs to be answered.In context of which, completion of survival games can be a credit. If u cant agree, state logical reasons instead of juvenile arguments.

On the other hand, i disagree to creator getting all credit on completion of game. Certain games put gamer's choice to null/void due to course of game which in all case might not be fair. Vergil was condemned to demon world. I dont think most would agree and dont think creator can take credit for it.

My point - Gamer's can take credit on completion since all terms of games might not be acceptable but still game is completed.

Sparda™

The mass never gets credits, so in this case gamers don't get credit.

Game creators get all the credit. What It should be from what It is are two different things.

aoshi

Okay, How about 2-D tournaments, I dont think even creator of street fighter would have thought of gameplay levels reached by gamers.I dont think creator can take credit for a tournament won by gamer.I think gamer has utilized character created to win tournament.

In a certain interview, Creators of street fighter commented utilization of characteristics were beyond their expectations. Again, i don't mean gamer is better than creator.I would say credit is on 60/40(Creator/gamer) proportion.

Sparda™

Think of It this way.

The creator makes possible for gamers to exist in the first place. Gamers can take credit in just being skilled in the highest difficulties of a specific game, but that's It. Compared to what the game creator goes through, he deserves all the credit.

Tournaments like you mentioned are just trivial, something plus for the creator and a fiesta for the gamers.

What you gave (60/40), I'd give (95/5) - creator/gamer.

aoshi

Sparda™;218246 said:
Think of It this way.

The creator makes possible for gamers to exist in the first place. Gamers can take credit in just being skilled in the highest difficulties of a specific game, but that's It. Compared to what the game creator goes through, he deserves all the credit.

Tournaments like you mentioned are just trivial, something plus for the creator and a fiesta for the gamers.

What you gave (60/40), I'd give (95/5) - creator/gamer.

No cant agree. Cricket and football were games created earlier. But cant say the players that play the game don't earn their credit as of today.

As of technology today, Game creation is only by few firms. But already there is a platform for gamer independence in games than static flow. I am expecting gaming to be more dynamic than abilities limited by software. Hence find capcom provide more gamer independence and might evolve gaming as a sport.

My initial context was on survival games. But to evolve gaming as a sport, gamer can be given credit provided software does not limit gamer 's abilities.

If u are referring to games created for fun experience, Creators will always take credit.

Sparda™

If gaming becomes a sport, yes, gamers will have to create a name for themselves by earning credit, this is where I agree with you.

But, for the moment, in the gaming industry, creators take all the credit.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
but dt the sereis wouldn't have started without the creation of the first one

av that in your explanation

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
aoshi;218233 said:
I don't think u have understood the subject. Why dont u reach high school before answering threads?

Anyways, Credit to creation is given as in any other entertainment or art such as movies,music. Of course, Audience does not get credit for viewing or giving an applause. But game is a question put forth by creator which needs to be answered.In context of which, completion of survival games can be a credit. If u cant agree, state logical reasons instead of juvenile arguments.

QUOTE]

cute. i don't agree with you so you insult me. listen logic isn't beliveing what you say. it is thinking about the subject and coming to a conclusion based on facts. so do me a favor and get over youself ok. i have had enought of idiots acting like logic is defined by their opinon. so i really don't need to put of with that crap here.

now unless you plan on apoligizing for your rude and childish behavior don't even think another word directed towards me. i want to have friendly debates ( the point of this type of thread) which means use logic not meaningless insults or do everyone a favor and go away. ( note that last statement applys to anyone who insults people just for not agreeing with them. you know who you are.)

Top Bottom