• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who are you most excited for?

Who are you most excited for?

• Dante

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Nero

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • V

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm actually not that excited about any of the characters. It's rather paradoxical but as excited as I am for the game I'm not interested in any of the characters. Both Dante and Nero have evolved very little from 4, which I have repeatedly mentioned I don't like. That's an opinion that took me years to get. I used to love DMC4 and defended it tooth and nail, but as the years went by I grew less tolerant of it's design flaws and philosophies and I sure as hell have no interest in advanced combat mechanics. I've mentioned how Nero and Dante have pretty much the exact same combos for their swords in every game since 2005. DmC at least added another move to the main combos, but Dante's had the same moves for Rebellion in DMCs 3, 4 and 5 and I'm tired of them, specially dance macabre. And don't even get me started on the style system because I think it's the worst. Nero has very little in the way of alterations and they even decided not to keep the ability to go to or to bring your enemy to you from DmC. That, to me, is a step back. Same for getting rid of the dedicate dodge. With what little I got to do with the DevBrkrs in the demo I didn't think that was enough progress after 10 years. As for V, he doesn't look that interesting to me. I am aware that there is no substitute for having the controller in your hands but as it stands, right now, I'm more happy that the game exists than I am excited about the elements that compose it.

Isn't that the same case for DMC1 with Trish, DMC2 with Lucia, and even DMC3 with Arkham.
That's funny. Out of everyone in that list only Lucia wasn't planning to betray someone from the start.

Top Bottom