• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which One Should I Play Next?

epicfallen

BAH I can't decide!

I finished the first game on Normal (HD Collection) and am now deciding whether to play the second or third next. I've never played either of them, and there's a part of me that REALLY wants to play number three, but then it wouldn't feel right skipping the second one (even if it is as bad as people say). Then again, the second one comes last anyway....I CAN'T DECIDE.

I want to play the third one because it has Vergil and Lady ^.^ But still, I'm unsure of which one to play next. And I'm sure that sounds pretty stupid. But lemme know what you think.

Martius

SSSmokin!
3 is great game, with 2 you will be probably disappointed. But if you will play 2 first you can see how series design and gameplay have changed.

berto

I Saw the Devil
If you feel the inescapable itch to play 2 go for it. It'll take you like 4 hours and if you don't like it you can move on to 3 once you get sick of it.

IncarnatedDemon

Replay DMC 1 on harder difficulty. You will get a better experience if you play games at their hardest difficulty.

I know i don't play Darkness 2 on easy, normal or hard because i know its so easy for me. Hence why i play at hardest difficulty possible.

+ as you play each game to a good extent i.e on harder difficulties when you play next game in list, you will notice the differences and changes.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i would play 2 next. mainly cuz you started out with 1. but 2 is a decent game.

epicfallen

Replay DMC 1 on harder difficulty. You will get a better experience if you play games at their hardest difficulty.

I know i don't play Darkness 2 on easy, normal or hard because i know its so easy for me. Hence why i play at hardest difficulty possible.

+ as you play each game to a good extent i.e on harder difficulties when you play next game in list, you will notice the differences and changes.

I understand what you mean, and I will definitely replay it on hard mode....but I just really want to go on to the next ones for now.

IncarnatedDemon

So at the moment it seems that I should play the second one next, which makes sense XD
Have in mind as you play DMC 2 the original team that made DMC 1

for most part seems to not been part of the team to develop DMC 2.

Becuz of Capcom excluding the original developers of DMC 1 from DMC 2, many of them left Capcom and joined a company which is called Platinum Games

epicfallen

Have in mind as you play DMC 2 the original team that made DMC 1

for most part seems to not been part of the team to develop DMC 2.

Yeah, and didn't they make 3 and 4 as well? It was pretty unfair as to how it happened though, when the creator was approached and just found out that a sequel was already being planned. Or something like that. But enough of that, regardless of how much it was criticised, I'll try to keep an open mind. But this doesn't necessarily mean that I've decided.

IncarnatedDemon

Yeah, and didn't they make 3 and 4 as well? It was pretty unfair as to how it happened though, when the creator was approached and just found out that a sequel was already being planned. Or something like that. But enough of that, regardless of how much it was criticised, I'll try to keep an open mind. But this doesn't necessarily mean that I've decided.
That's a good idea :)

Top Bottom