• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which one should I buy?

Which one will be better against Nightmare?

• Holy Water

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Untouchable Star

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
Okay, I'm on DMD and I've raised 6'345 red orbs - That's just the right amount to buy either a bottle of Holy Water or an Untouchable Star, but I can't decide which one to buy! I'm on Showdown With Nightmare, and either of them would do me a huge favour, but I don't know which would help more. Holy Water is extremely powerful and will come in handy when Nightmare goes critical, and Untouchable will allow me to unleash my most powerful DT attacks on Nightmare when it goes critical without having to think about damage or how long the Star will last! Please help! I'll make it a poll, and the one with the most votes will be the one I buy. ;) Oh and I've also got enough money to buy a blue orb if that would be better. (It's on sale for 5'500 orbs - I hate it when some things get more expensive as you buy more of them).

HaveANiceDay

Serious business.
Event hough it's too late I would personally take the untouchable.
If I remember correctly, Holy Water only deals much damage when you are near the enemy.(Afaik)
Untouchable is also usefull in any kind of situation.If the enemy still got a bunch of energy and you have little energy left, then a Holy water is almost completely useless.

Solidus

Rebellion
Personally I save and don't use any of the holy waters, untouchables, etc until I get to Mundus 2, since that's the only one that is any bother.

Also did you know you can collect various untouchables from various points in the game without having to buy them? I can't remember them all, but here's a few locations:

1. Up at the top of that area before where you fight Nelo for the first time. Jump up from where the locked door is (don't go down or you'll trigger the cutscene) Wall hike away from the little tower with the blue orb piece inside. There's a little area high up where you can stand around. Collect the U.T. from there. I think that's actually the area where Nelo is standing in the cutscene before he jumps down to you.

2. After the ship floods with water and you have to swim out, there is an untouchable somewhere...I can't remember where precisley, but I just went around pressing X until I collected.

3. After the sky gets dark, go back to the area where you first got the ifrit gauntlets. Jump up the platforms again and an UT should be where the ifrits once were.

4. After opening up the painting portals for the first time on that bridge area, go in the red bedroom one first. There's an untouchable in that room.

5. That area where you once fought Nightmare 3. It's hidden somewhere in that room.

Most helpful for later in the game.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
A little late but I voted for 'Untouchable Star'. I didn't find Holy Water's to be particulary effective against Nightmare.

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
Yes. I still lost when I tried Holy Water out on Nightmare on DMD!, when I tried Untouchable, I turned Nightmare from a mental machine to a junkyard mixed in with sludge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom